[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest Feahnor

Is it possible to make this rom as smooth as Infusion?. I prefer this rom, but scrolling is very "jumpy" when compared, and i don't mean launcher scrolling,but scrolling in browser, tapatalk and such.

Edited by Feahnor

Guest wouterbeer

Is it possible to make this rom as smooth as Infusion?. I prefer this rom, but scrolling is very "jumpy" when compared, and i don't mean launcher scrolling,but scrolling in browser, tapatalk and such.

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean with scrolling? E.g. scrolling in app drawer, scrolling on web pages, or ...?

Guest Feahnor

Web pages, tapatalk, facebook, everything. App drawer is really smooth, just not the apps. It's the difference as in 30 fps vs 60 fps.

Guest henrythedog

I tested this. If you come from R5 do these steps and everything will be fine (at least it was for me):

-Go to recovery

-Clear cache and dalvik cache

-Flash Stock+ R6

-Flash Link2Int mod

[-Optional: Flash Volume Wake mod]

-Reboot

-Leave it alone for couple of minutes

-Check if default storage did not revert (system settings->storage->default storage location)

Now all your apps should still work!

Thanks, testing now :)

[edit] Can confirm that all my apps are still working fine, volume wake is working... all my settings stayed from R5 version, including the no frills CPU settings that I'd already changed to 1.152Ghz, smartassV2 + noop .... very pleased so far, thanks cyda for your excellent work and thanks to others that have contributed too, appreciate it :)

Added some screenshots below:

qn2r85.png33vndoi.png

Edited by henrythedog

Guest Timbones
Is there any way when you charge the phone while turned off, the 3 lights not been lighting. It is very annoying!

Ever since my G300 got dunked into a cup of tea, the lights have been faintly glowing all the time, even when phone is switched off. Spooky, but easy to find in the dark.

:D

Ever since my G300 got dunked into a cup of tea

Heh hot drinks and phones don't mix well. A mate of mine killed his phone when it fell out of his shirt pocket and in to his mug of coffee. :lol:

Guest jgbyr

I previously used Infusion & haven't experienced any 'jumpy' issues with Stock+.

Guest dalyer

4280 score in antutu benchmark, that's pretty good

1.19 GHz + smartassv2 + noop

Using CPU Spy I found that smartassv2 was never hitting the OC 1.19GHz.

Switched to ondemand and it did start using 1.19GHz...

Anybody else ever notice this? :|

Guest bladebuddy

Yep on a few different governor settings. J

Guest bogdansava21

Hi! I'm new here and I wanna help. I saw that Huawei UI is getting slower sometimes... if I go to manage apps/all apps/ 2D home and force stop it and then press home button and then wait for 3-5 seconds UI comes back to normal smooth speed. You can try

Guest Gagas1

Hi. Good morning. I have installed this Rom yesterday coming from stock GB. So far i like it. Thanks for your work. I have a small bug though, every time i reboot the phone the default storage location changes to internal. Is there a solution to this.

Guest Pain_Deluxe
Web pages, tapatalk, facebook, everything. App drawer is really smooth, just not the apps. It's the difference as in 30 fps vs 60 fps.

Disable Scrolling Cache an change the Scrolling rate in build.prop.

Google it. Its to much for writing here

Guest Pain_Deluxe
Hi. Good morning. I have installed this Rom yesterday coming from stock GB. So far i like it. Thanks for your work. I have a small bug though, every time i reboot the phone the default storage location changes to internal. Is there a solution to this.

Swapp the SD with internal(on build.prop i think)

Guest Gagas1

Swapp the SD with internal(on build.prop i think)

Are you saying that if i change in the build.prop the "persist.sys.main_storage=external_sd", to internal_sd, in system settings it will show the SDCARD as default storage?

Edited by Gagas1

Guest oldfella

installed from CM10 and had a problem with the mnt address for the external sdcard changing from sdcard1 to sdcard2

apps that I had restored using Titanium couldnt find their folders

didnt have time to resolve so went back to CM10

how do I fix this?

thanks

Guest Gagas1

Settings > storage > default storage location > external SD card

I dont think i made my self understood. I want the default storage on external SD CARD. I set the default storage on external SD CARD and as long as i have the phone ON everything is fine. But when i reboot the phone and i check the default storage i see that it changes to internal again and i have to do it all over again. Thanks

Guest exerullz

Never noticed this, im going to make a test with antutu using ondemand instead of smartassv2.

// 4334 score with ondemand, looks like the CPU's score is 1293, while using smartassv2 was 1235.

Edited by exerullz

Guest wouterbeer

Just to inform the Stock+ users: might be worth trying the new Ouch kernel. I have been using it the past day and am able to OC 1 step further than I was with the kernel included in this rom. Currently am running these settings without issues so far:

• Min freq: 245 Mhz
  • Max freq: 1.267 Ghz
  • SmartassV2
  • noop

Guest exerullz

Just to inform the Stock+ users: might be worth trying the new Ouch kernel. I have been using it the past day and am able to OC 1 step further than I was with the kernel included in this rom. Currently am running these settings without issues so far:

• SmartassV2
  • noop

It sounds great.

Guest fr0do

I dont think i made my self understood. I want the default storage on external SD CARD. I set the default storage on external SD CARD and as long as i have the phone ON everything is fine. But when i reboot the phone and i check the default storage i see that it changes to internal again and i have to do it all over again. Thanks

Mine doesn't do that. Cheap/ faulty sd card? I guess you'd have to set a script at every boot.

Guest dalyer

Reverting from external to internal is a known issue with stock/stock based ROMs that hits some people. One theory is that the card is "too slow" to respond at boot time so the phone thinks it's not there and reverts to internal. Not sure if that's actually true in some, most or all cases. However some people seem to have improved the situation by formatting (and maybe partition aligning?) their cards as per my comments here:

Hope this helps

Guest dalyer

• SmartassV2
  • noop

Have you checked with CPU Spy to see if it's actually hitting 1.267GHz? See my earlier post - smartassv2 was never using my OC speed for some reason (Stock+ with default 308 old #19 kernel).