[ROM/TPT] [Skate/UNBRANDED-Android 2.3.5] Official ZTE Skate Release + ROOTED/CWM

Guest WiiSky70

Guest WiiSky70

This is the first ZTE vendor firmware available for the ZTE Skates bought unlocked and free from carrier bloatware or limitations injured by the carriers , besides that it comes with Root functionality and with a Recovery for flashing other Custom ROM's available on this Forum.

NOTE : You may also check out the Installation instructions and advices (If applied) to an hassle-free installation process.

ROM Features

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Clockworkmod Recovery

- Includes a Clockworkmod Recovery inside (FTM is not there anymore)

- Rooted

- It's now ROOTED! Means that you can run high-level apps and more

- Android 2.3.5

- The most stable Gingerbread OS to use.

- Original Stock ROM

- Free from Carrier Branding or Aplications.

- Original ZTE Skate (Kernel and Build)

- The stock kernel by ZTE and the latest GENERIC build that was available.

- No bloatware or modifications

- It's just SIMPLE and CLEAN and this means you can install more Aplications and Games !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation Process or Required Items

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[READ] Before you do anything to your device

This ROM is an updated version of the GENERIC B22 Update that i've posted before , this ROM is now based or it's property and exclusive to C3C0

so im not mantaining support on this.

Also some stuff that i need to point out >>> SUPERUSER Binary can't be updated (You can update the App itself but not the Binary)

This ROM is recommended for people that :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- IS MOVING TO OTHER DEVICE (And want's to sell the older ZTE Skate)

- Want's full stock experience of Android 2.3 Gingerbread

- Also for those who want's root and clockworkmod goddies without moving too far from Gingerbread land.

Required materials or experience :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't need to be a test monkey or some crazy enthusiast to download and install this Stock ROM package.

Of course you will need the ZTE Skate or other carrier version of the same , and download both Stock ROM and the optional kernel which can be used later on.

Just follow the Installation / Upgrade instructions down this section ;).

[RECOMMENDED] Upgrade or Installation by TPT Method

[uPGRADE] Instructions for Upgrading existing carrier ROM on the device.

1. Download existing Stock ROM and optional kernel on the "Download Links for ROM/Kernel" section

2. Plug USB cable to your computer or laptop and then activate USB Storage on the device

3. After download of Stock ROM/Kernel is complete , just copy those files and extract the image folder contained in the ZIP file to the SD Card (USB Storage) on the computer

4. Disconnect USB cable from the computer

5. From the device OS go to : Settings > About Phone > Perform a system update

6. Once the system update completes , you should be ready to configure the device after restart

Download Links for ROM/Kernel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[KERNEL] - Download Link : http://goo.im/devs/C...ot-20121021.zip

[sTOCK ROM] - Download Link : http://www.mediafire...swd46acrbn8quq6

NOTE : After you downloaded the 2 components required , follow the procedures required upon installation and configuration on the Stock ROM

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest WiiSky70

Screenshots

Coming soon !

Optional System Patches :

- Proximity Sensor Patch

Flash this patch on Clockworkmod if you're experiencing problems with the proximity sensor or light detection issues

DOWNLOAD (NO WIPES NEEDED) >>>> http://goo.im/devs/C...oxi_update2.zip

- GPS Reciever Patch

Flash this patch on Clockworkmod if you're experiencing problems with the GPS load times or issues with it

DOWNLOAD (NO WIPES NEEDED) >>>> https://www.dropbox..../Parche gps.zip

- Optional patch for Adreno 200 Graphics

Flash this optional patch on Clockworkmod to enhance and enjoy better framerates on Games or other applications

DOWNLOAD (NO WIPES NEEDED) >>>> https://www.dropbox..../update-egl.zip

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest mrrog

Where did you get this, what was the date on it?

I ask because there is a skate stock ROM on the zte Indonesia site support dated august 2012, whatever that means

Guest WiiSky70

Where did you get this, what was the date on it?

I ask because there is a skate stock ROM on the zte Indonesia site support dated august 2012, whatever that means

It's the 1st ZTE Skate release , which means is from the ZTE-Skate launch (2011)

Guest mrrog

http://download.ztedevices.com/UploadFiles/product/505/1394/manual/P020120815629019052777.zip

Here's the link, I have loaded this and it seemed to work o.k.

But have gone back to Swedish snow, I seem to be having some difficulty with calls, when I accept a call the screen goes blank and I can't do anything with the phone without removing the battery, its not that proximity recalibration thing is it, any ideas would be welcomed!

Guest WiiSky70

http://download.zted...29019052777.zip

Here's the link, I have loaded this and it seemed to work o.k.

But have gone back to Swedish snow, I seem to be having some difficulty with calls, when I accept a call the screen goes blank and I can't do anything with the phone without removing the battery, its not that proximity recalibration thing is it, any ideas would be welcomed!

Well if that's the update from last year , we need help from C3C0 to include Recovery and Root integration again.

We will see about this ;)