[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest przemvelbenny

Hi,

Can I upgrade from "[DEV][ROM][6.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)" without making wipes (data, cache & dalvik)?

Guest Calle2003

I installed 4.2.2 on my Blade III yesterday and I love the release BUT I found some problems with Google Maps (which is downloaded from Play Store).

Any one else has this problem? Should I downgrade to 4.1.2?

2lkekiu.jpg

Guest peetu20

Hi,

Can I upgrade from "[DEV][ROM][6.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)" without making wipes (data, cache & dalvik)?

Yes, just flash latest update

I installed 4.2.2 on my Blade III yesterday and I love the release BUT I found some problems with Google Maps (which is downloaded from Play Store).

Any one else has this problem? Should I downgrade to 4.1.2?

2lkekiu.jpg

It may have something to do with maps itself,,,so problem is google, not this Rom

Guest Calle2003

It may have something to do with maps itself,,,so problem is google, not this Rom

I hear you but Maps worked on original ROM and on my friends Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (tested after an update to the latest Maps). You don't have any problems with Maps?

Guest papars

Has anybody tried "Where is my water?" / "Where is my Perry?" in this ROM.

They don't seem to work. After an initial start up sequence I get a black screen. Pressing back brings up a menu on black background but whatever I select the application closes.

Any idea how to disable "reject call with SMS"?

Guest peetu20

I hear you but Maps worked on original ROM and on my friends Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (tested after an update to the latest Maps). You don't have any problems with Maps?

I dont use, but to be honest, I will soon use them, so if I remember, I will post results here.

Guest Calle2003

I dont use, but to be honest, I will soon use them, so if I remember, I will post results here.

Did a wipe data and factory reset and now Maps is OK. How come you don't use Maps by the way? :P

Guest peetu20

Did a wipe data and factory reset and now Maps is OK. How come you don't use Maps by the way? :P

I just do not need them, I have used them about two times in my life :P. Just updated from cm10 to cm10.1 without data wipe :D

Guest Calle2003

I just do not need them, I have used them about two times in my life :P. Just updated from cm10 to cm10.1 without data wipe :D

To be clear I am also running CM10.1 and Maps is OK now, except there are no offline Maps in the new version of Maps?

Guest peetu20

To be clear I am also running CM10.1 and Maps is OK now, except there are no offline Maps in the new version of Maps?

Should be, I dont know, and I am too lazy to test.

Guest peetu20

And do you get often disconnections with wifi? If no, wich partitions do you use?

Some guy(Read some older posts, I cannot remember who) got rid of disconnections while he flashed slovakian partitions, but I am not sure did it help much...

Guest epyloxias
Some guy(Read some older posts, I cannot remember who) got rid of disconnections while he flashed slovakian partitions, but I am not sure did it help much...

I already have installed Slovakian partitions but the problem remains...

Guest peetu20

Hey, I usually dont have nothing to say for roms perfomance, and this cm10.1 is really, smooth, except one thing: Every browser(Stock, Boat browser, Dolphin browser) seems to lag like hell! Today, I compared same websites with Blade I and Blade III, believe or not, but page scrolling was really much smoother with Blade I than with Blade III! Where is this caused by? Seems that browsers cannot really take everything out from hardware :(

Al least, maybe stupid question, but does you guys experience same, or would it be just mine? If, I should carry my Blade III to warranty....

Guest bamdad

Hey, I usually dont have nothing to say for roms perfomance, and this cm10.1 is really, smooth, except one thing: Every browser(Stock, Boat browser, Dolphin browser) seems to lag like hell! Today, I compared same websites with Blade I and Blade III, believe or not, but page scrolling was really much smoother with Blade I than with Blade III! Where is this caused by? Seems that browsers cannot really take everything out from hardware :(

Al least, maybe stupid question, but does you guys experience same, or would it be just mine? If, I should carry my Blade III to warranty....

same here, although it wasn't much better with aurora/stock. dolphin seems to be the best of the bunch.. it's *almost* lag-free. i've noticed that turning on 'force gpu rendering' in developer options helps a bit.

Guest peetu20

same here, although it wasn't much better with aurora/stock. dolphin seems to be the best of the bunch.. it's *almost* lag-free. i've noticed that turning on 'force gpu rendering' in developer options helps a bit.

Yes, some apps runs better with forced gpu render. Still disappointed to browser perfomance

Guest KonstaT

This is an entry level device and Blade III is the first Android device for many people. There's installation instructions in the third post that should be followed. Posts like these are irresponsible and completely unnecessary!

Ever heard 'no whipe, no whine'? Stock browser is just as fast as in CM10 and there's no reason why third party browsers wouldn't be as well.

Guest KonstaT

Has anyone tried Acqua's flash on camera? does it work?

Yes it works.

Camera (including flash on devices that have one) works just as it works in CM10. But is the front facing camera really upside down on Acqua? Just the preview or pictures as well? Can you get information what the front facing camera sensor is?

Guest peetu20

This is an entry level device and Blade III is the first Android device for many people. There's installation instructions in the third post that should be followed. Posts like these are irresponsible and completely unnecessary!

Ever heard 'no whipe, no whine'? Stock browser is just as fast as in CM10 and there's no reason why third party browsers wouldn't be as well.

I tried with clean installation, no difference. I just noticed that everything seems to work fine, did I wipe or not.

Guest papars

Camera (including flash on devices that have one) works just as it works in CM10. But is the front facing camera really upside down on Acqua? Just the preview or pictures as well? Can you get information what the front facing camera sensor is?

With stock application preview is correct. With CameraZoom FX, the preview is upside down.

But in both applications the picture saving is sideways rotated clockwise!

Guest razjaren

Good day, I'm from Croatian and not that long but I have tried almost all the ROMs from Mr. KonstaT, I want to thank him for the time and knowledge that is sheared with have not space.

question every rom works fine a few minutes then freeze (zbloka) blade3. always in another application, 8 there are no rules.

I use ClockworkMod 6.0.2.7 (the one above I do not know to install through this it would be nice a little video tutorial)

and another question .. Stock in the original do not do personalization tones for contacts (tried everything but always the default tone for each contact) may have added some to install the patch for this issue)

thank you very much KonstaT pres though I failed, I was pretty fun. translation from Croatian to English google pevoditelj