[ROM]GB[2.3.7] MIUI CM7 bi-baseband + Bonus One (JoyOS GB ROM on 2030 baseband :))

Guest dakok

Guest pjautuvas

I am using CM10.1 now, if I will install this rom will network work after installing this http://www.4shared.com/zip/UT20yu-t/U8818_JOYOS_FIX_Network-40.html? ?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest celrau

I'm surprised this rom didn't get the attention it deserves. It's main (and probably only) issue is the sim lock pin not working but if it's disable previously this rom is fantastic in all respects, very fast, excellent battery and lots of themes to choose from.

Good find!

I'm surprised this rom didn't get the attention it deserves. It's main (and probably only) issue is the sim lock pin not working but if it's disable previously this rom is fantastic in all respects, very fast, excellent battery and lots of themes to choose from.

Good find!

Curious, how do you go about doing that?

Guest Costy88031

With another phone :-)or before to install this rom

Edited by Costy88031

With another phone :-)or before to install this rom

I'm looking for the know-how or some tutorial explaining it, I've never heard of that and don't even know what it's about...

Edited by kupp

Guest celrau

The simlock pin you mean? Very simple, go in settings on your currently loaded rom and somewhere in security there is an option to use a pin or not on your sim (the 1234 thing which shows up after you reboot the phone), choose not to use one and flash miui as per instructions.

Well I did that, everything is working fine and the network issue I had isn't present this time around. The only problem now is that the message app keeps crashing with "process com.android.mms has stopped unexepectedly" every time I get an MMS and once, randomly. WIth and without the offline APN app...

Edited by kupp

Guest celrau

Well I did that, everything is working fine and the network issue I had isn't present this time around. The only problem now is that the message app keeps crashing with "process com.android.mms has stopped unexepectedly" every time I get an MMS and once, randomly. WIth and without the offline APN app...

It works for me just fine, make sure the APN is the correct one, get it from the provider. My 3G didn't work until I had the correct APN.

Guest dakok

Did you read this from OP:

APN for mobile data: Offline SIM APN Database (Google Play)

WiFi tethering: Google Play: Wireless Tether for Root Users

Edited by dakok

Did you read this from OP:

APN for mobile data: Offline SIM APN Database (Google Play)

WiFi tethering: Google Play: Wireless Tether for Root Users

I did, both installed and everything's working fine, except for that crash. Nothing too big since I can still see the messages I receive, but it's a major annoyance especially since it doesn't notify me when an MMS is received until I check the phone and see the crash message.

Guest kubrat

I like this ROM. Nice looking and runs smoothly on G300.

I do have one problem though. The ROM uses the same Wifi mac address on each device it is installed on. And because I have got it installed on 2 phones that means I can't connect to the same wifi with the 2 phones at once.

Is there a way of changing the the hardcoded mac address?

Cheers

Guest wbrambley
I like this ROM. Nice looking and runs smoothly on G300.

I do have one problem though. The ROM uses the same Wifi mac address on each device it is installed on. And because I have got it installed on 2 phones that means I can't connect to the same wifi with the 2 phones at once.

Is there a way of changing the the hardcoded mac address?

Cheers

Just an idea, had that issue with my U8150, try looking for a file called something like nvram.txt From memory it's in /system/etc. Use something like esfile explorer to find and edit this file. Only change your Mac address save and reboot.

Hope this helps.

Guest hippy dave

Yeah if you Google, there's threads on xda etc about fixing the mac address on some custom roms, don't know if it'll work for this one but might be worth a look.

Guest Pyntux

Just an idea, had that issue with my U8150, try looking for a file called something like nvram.txt From memory it's in /system/etc. Use something like esfile explorer to find and edit this file. Only change your Mac address save and reboot.

Hope this helps.

That file is in:

/system/wifi/nvram_4330.txt

only that one I find... And there is mac adress line in file, so I think we could chage that file before flash?

Edit:

Yes, we can... But there's two line in file above, and you have to change in this file also:

/system/wifi/nvram_4330_MSM7227A_U8815.txt

than zip everything and flash, and amc adress is what you wish to be... :)

Edited by Pyntux