Alternative to G300

Guest Plxply

As promised photo and screenshots, this is not a sales pitch for the OSD just a reason why I bought one as an alternative to my G300, the G300 is a fantastic phone supported by a fabulous community and is the phone that I have had and kept for the longest out of any phone.

The only reason I got the OSD was it was the most bang for the buck, I was torn between that and the Nexus 4, but I could not justify the extra £200 for the Nexus 4 (I paid £79 for the OSD in there 20% off sale)

Yes the OSD is limited by its locked bootloader, but boy is it fast and it does everything I could want it to do, nothing is to much for it, and there is ZERO lag.

I have never been able to get TV catchup to work on the G300, it works on the OSD, Signal Boost works on the OSD, and living in a rural area on Orange it is a godsend, the battery life is amazing, 2 days without any trouble whatsoever, I got a day out of the G300.

I am at that age where a bit of sense has entered my brain, and I would love a S3, S4 or the new HTC One, but can I really justify the money, and the sad truth is that in today's world I can't. The HTC One, nice to have nice to own, but can I justify that extra near £500?? Will it really do even more than I can't do now? maybe but for now it's the OSD

Andrew

thanks for a review, how do you get on with the storgae on this phone m i hear its not got nay external expansion, when you say 2days what usage it that light, medium or full, 3g, 2g? i get 2days on my g300 with average use, a lot of wifi, few calls and texts, some gaming but no 3g.

Guest Andymac1969

thanks for a review, how do you get on with the storgae on this phone m i hear its not got nay external expansion, when you say 2days what usage it that light, medium or full, 3g, 2g? i get 2days on my g300 with average use, a lot of wifi, few calls and texts, some gaming but no 3g.

It has got an SD card holder built in, you need to root it to activate it, open up the back and then you can put a 32GB card in making 48GB, 42GB usable, my phone always has 3G on I am a moderate user not a heavy user, but I have noticed the battery is far better on the OSD

It has got an SD card holder built in, you need to root it to activate it, open up the back and then you can put a 32GB card in making 48GB, 42GB usable, my phone always has 3G on I am a moderate user not a heavy user, but I have noticed the battery is far better on the OSD

so have you rooted yours and is it easy to add the expansion, Looks like a nice alternative to g300.

Guest Andymac1969

so have you rooted yours and is it easy to add the expansion, Looks like a nice alternative to g300.

I have rooted mine, very simple process, not too interested in the extra expansion as 16GB is fine for me, i would add these phones are on clearout, once there gone there gone