[MOD] CM Style Power Toggles [ICS] [NEW MOD'S]

Guest tillaz

Guest wouterbeer

Thanks for this Tillaz!

Just wondering if it possible to add the button 'torch' (using flash as a torch) as can be found on cyanogenmod?

Thanks for this Tillaz!

Just wondering if it possible to add the button 'torch' (using flash as a torch) as can be found on cyanogenmod?

That, and I've love to have a battery percentage icon despite beeing a bit redundant with the battery mod, but alas I enjoy the original default icon without the percentage, but miss the info!

Thanks for your work tillaz, used infusion for a hell of a long time to my enjoyment, and now this mod solved all my toggle problems!

Guest tillaz

Thanks for this Tillaz!

yeah, i originally had a touch toggle way back when i first made it but it caused problems with apps that used the camera (mainly Google goggles / bar code scanners)

if you use nova launcher and have teslaLED, you can assign the menu button when long held to turn on the flash light (long hold again to turn off)

basically you assign the activity that turns on the flash light to the menu button

i will add a small how to, in a minute

Guest TangerineTractor

You can do the same in apex. I'm now using droidlight to achieve the save effect. Droidlight it's a bit simpler, just a straight led app- it just comes on when you open it and off when you close it, or Searchlight, which is just a straight led toggle with no screen intervention at all.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest bladebuddy
You can do the same in apex. I'm now using droidlight to achieve the save effect. Droidlight it's a bit simpler, just a straight led app- it just comes on when you open it and off when you close it, or Searchlight, which is just a straight led toggle with no screen intervention at all.

I was more puzzled at how Tillaz worked out the installation procedure for the torch settings then the actual app itself. J

Guest Timbones

if you use nova launcher and have teslaLED, you can assign the menu button when long held to turn on the flash light (long hold again to turn off)

As an alternative, some flashlight apps (e.g. "Flashlight") provide a 1x1 widget which can be added to a home screen, or dock if using something like Nova.

I do like tillaz's suggestion - must try that...

Guest twrock

Maybe it is just me, but I have been unsuccessful in putting this mod into Slim 10 before flashing that rom. When I do so, I don't have a notification bar after flashing it. Of course I am wiping all data before installation of the modified Slim 10 rom.

Was anyone else successful in getting this to work on a fresh install that contains these two files?

Guest TangerineTractor

Maybe it is just me, but I have been unsuccessful in putting this mod into Slim 10 before flashing that rom. When I do so, I don't have a notification bar after flashing it. Of course I am wiping all data before installation of the modified Slim 10 rom.

Was anyone else successful in getting this to work on a fresh install that contains these two files?

yes, no problem at all in Slim or Stock+. Do full wipes, install slim rom, then once you're happy with it, reboot to recovery, do a cwm backup to be sure, then apply the first initial zip from here, and it should all work. If it doesn't, revert to your cwm backup.

Actually, after re-reading your post... you have to apply this mod to a working installed rom. So get your phone working, then just install this from recovery afterwards. I really don't see the point of modifying the rom install zip. Just making extra work for yourself. I coulod understand if you were building your own custom rom from a new base, but not just to save one recovery boot.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest twrock

yes, no problem at all in Slim or Stock+. Do full wipes, install slim rom, then once you're happy with it, reboot to recovery, do a cwm backup to be sure, then apply the first initial zip from here, and it should all work. If it doesn't, revert to your cwm backup.

Actually, after re-reading your post... you have to apply this mod to a working installed rom. So get your phone working, then just install this from recovery afterwards. I really don't see the point of modifying the rom install zip. Just making extra work for yourself. I coulod understand if you were building your own custom rom from a new base, but not just to save one recovery boot.

Have a look at the OP and at post #6 where tillaz asks for feedback on that issue (pre-installing in roms). I know it can be installed after the first boot. That isn't a problem. But so far, I haven't seen anyone saying that they included it in a rom and it worked. So I was hoping someone had that success and just hadn't reported it yet.

Edit: correction; looks like it is working in Stock+; there must be more to it than just copying the two files into the rom.zip.

Edited by twrock

Guest wouterbeer

Have a look at the OP and at post #6 where tillaz asks for feedback on that issue (pre-installing in roms). I know it can be installed after the first boot. That isn't a problem. But so far, I haven't seen anyone saying that they included it in a rom and it worked. So I was hoping someone had that success and just hadn't reported it yet.

Edit: correction; looks like it is working in Stock+; there must be more to it than just copying the two files into the rom.zip.

Yes, it is included in Stock+ and also in Lightning ROM as far as I know..

Guest tillaz

it really depends on the ROM your trying to include it in, if your ROM has not been re-signed it should work straight off.

i will update the first post with instructions how to include it in any stock based ROM. (basically resigning the whole ROM)

Guest twrock

it really depends on the ROM your trying to include it in, if your ROM has not been re-signed it should work straight off.

i will update the first post with instructions how to include it in any stock based ROM. (basically resigning the whole ROM)

I just copied those two files into the Slim rom, rezipped, and installed. I did not re-sign the rom.

But it didn't work for me. Maybe I'm doing something else wrong.

Thanks for all your work on this. I really like having those toggles without having to run CyanogenMod.

Guest tillaz

Made a little mod that can be added to this, it shows the speed of your download in the status bar, can also be handy just to see when data is actually been used and how much of it for how long

Im still working on making it fit better, looks a bit of out of place at the moment

post-913969-0-65249800-1362900546_thumb.

Guest kyan31
Made a little mod that can be added to this, it shows the speed of your download in the status bar, can also be handy just to see when data is actually been used and how much of it for how long

Im still working on making it fit better, looks a bit of out of place at the moment

post-913969-0-65249800-1362900546_thumb.

Cool :)

Guest twrock

In case anyone is interested, here is a collection of blue/grey toggle icons for doing modifications yourself. I tried to compress each PNG so that the overall size of the resultant app would be minimal. These graphic files go into the /res/drawable-hdpi folder of the SystemUI.apk file. Enjoy.

Blue Toggles png minimum.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dakok

Tillaz, this is great stuff. I'm testing a rom that is transplated from C8812 phone. Firmware version is C92B949 and it works very smooth and flawlesly on g300. I couldnt get Emui style toggles that suposed to work on it.

Flashed your mod and - bingo! Got the circle battery with %, too. Thanks!

Guest Pain_Deluxe
Tillaz, this is great stuff. I'm testing a rom that is transplated from C8812 phone. Firmware version is C92B949 and it works very smooth and flawlesly on g300. I couldnt get Emui style toggles that suposed to work on it.

Flashed your mod and - bingo! Got the circle battery with %, too. Thanks!

Link?