[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest chelu

Compared to other roms, how's the battery life for you guys? I installed the rom in the morning, charged the phone to 100% and now i'm under 60. Could be a false impression and the fact that I installed apps in the meantime, but still seems a lot of battery drainage.

Guest pOcHa

been trying to download  from baidu all day - if someone has a better luck, I need this file to port it for our phones: http://bcscdn.baidu.com/platform-rom/102_0_C8812_R_2.1.47.13_20140404001204.zip

upload it on google drive or mediafire (or any other place without dl speed throttling), and PM me the link - but don't post it here, or someone (with bad english), might mistake it for the U8815 version...

Guest Tentmaster

first post updated with the latest beta V47...

Tried it out last night. Full wipes beforehand. Installed & rebooted OK. Opened a few apps and all foreclosed. Uninstalled.

Guest styrofoam

Hello,

Sorry, I'm French, I don't understand how to install this ROM, can you explain me please?

This is not a setup like the others by the CWM? Thank you!

Guest dalyer

Hello,

Sorry, I'm French, I don't understand how to install this ROM, can you explain me please?

This is not a setup like the others by the CWM? Thank you!

It is a custom recovery zip and the first post explains how to install it.

Guest pOcHa

CWM 6.0.4.5.

do not use CWM versions newer than 6.0.4.0 (R3) - TWRP is much better in all regards anyway

I'll update the first post with the warning

Guest pOcHa

Tried it out last night. Full wipes beforehand. Installed & rebooted OK. Opened a few apps and all foreclosed. Uninstalled.

Everything is OK. Fast and stable. Except default file manager.

Try newer TRWP from this source:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2i1OXdcAkm8SG40ejFZc3FJX0U&usp=sharing

You can try even some themes of TWRP.

yes, the default file manager is indeed force closing - I see it got some new features in the last version, but it looks like from the logcat that they forgot to include some of it's new string resources...

Edited by pOcHa

Guest Tentmaster

yes, the default file manager is indeed force closing - I see it got some new features in the last version, but it looks like from the logcat that they forgot to include some of it's new string resources...

Yes, Pocha, I installed it via TWRP, and the File Manager is now the only app that forecloses.

Guest pOcHa

I restored a couple of old beta versions, right before any significant UI changes - so you can give different UI layouts a try

they are under the same link as the newest version, in the "Old" folder

and did the same with the stable versions in their own topic

Guest predragiPredrag

Just try a You will see...

I have latest TWRP and everything is smooth and stable after uninstalling of some garbage.

How is V47 compared to last several releases :) I was last on V39 and it was laggy.

Also can you tell what apps you remowed?

Guest Mireczech

All garbage that I never use and that can be removed without making system unstable. I don´t know exactly which of them.

I used to V45 and this is a little bit faster and more battery life.