[CM 7.2] CM7 Remix - V4c

Guest Master_T

Guest Master_T

Some help/info please: It's been nearly 18 months since i flashed LiquidNext on this, so i'm a bit rusty. Since then i put it back to stock ROM because i gave it to my girlfriend... but she thinks it's a tad slow and she's running out of space (even with L2SD, though i haven't partitioned the SD card in two parts as L2SD suggest to be able to move apps such as flash), so i ordered a 8GB class 10 micro SD card off ebay and will try this. But i need some, quick guidance (since, like i said, i'm a bit rusty).

• Do i rename this to "update.zip", go into recovery and whipe all individually before flashing?
  • Will the recovery (Malez) i used for LN work for this as well?
  • I have a 512MB RAM version, so won't need swap, but do i have to partition the SD card in a certain way, in order to be able to move all the large apps to SD (see above)? Or does the ROM handle that, like SDman did on LN?
  • And is the metal camera app installed on this ROM?

Thanks in advance. If this has been covered in a specific walkthrough already, or a different topic, feel free to slap me an point it out.

1)No need to rename, but you do need to "wipe data/factory reset" before installing

2)No, this is NOT compatible with malez recovery, use one of the recoveries linked in the first post (CWM or TWRP)

3)In the recovery, before flashing, partition your SD card, as you'll need a ext partition to move apps to SD with Link2sd. Note that you WILL loose all data on the SD by doing so.

Read the tutorial in first post to succesfully install the rom.

Edited by Master_T

Guest ozfunghi

1)No need to rename, but you do need to "wipe data/factory reset" before installing

2)No, this is NOT compatible with malez recovery, use one of the recoveries linked in the first post (CWM or TWRP)

3)In the recovery, before flashing, partition your SD card, as you'll need a ext partition to move apps to SD with Link2sd. Note that you WILL loose all data on the SD by doing so.

Read the tutorial in first post to succesfully install the rom.

Thanks, somehow missed that in the OP :/

When partitioning the SD card, anything i should keep in mind? When i previously tried to move certain apps with Link2SD to the SD card, it said i needed an extra partition on the SD card, set as "primary" i believe? But "EASEUS partition master" says Windows will only recognize the first primary partition. Or do i better just do this in the recovery instead in advance? But which partition should i make the largest (for storing files, like pictures/music/...) and which one smaller (for apps) if Windows only sees the first partition? I guess The first "primary" has to be the large one for storage, and the small one as second partition.

Guest Master_T

Thanks, somehow missed that in the OP :/

When partitioning the SD card, anything i should keep in mind? When i previously tried to move certain apps with Link2SD to the SD card, it said i needed an extra partition on the SD card, set as "primary" i believe? But "EASEUS partition master" says Windows will only recognize the first primary partition. Or do i better just do this in the recovery instead in advance? But which partition should i make the largest (for storing files, like pictures/music/...) and which one smaller (for apps) if Windows only sees the first partition? I guess The first "primary" has to be the large one for storage, and the small one as second partition.

Forget PC programs, partition your SD with CWM or TWRP recovery directly from the phone. If you use a lot of apps I recommend 512mb of ext parittion or more. Swap partition is optional. When the phone starts up the first time, open Link2SD and select the default option (ext2) when asked, then go in options and enable "automatic linking", finally, reboot the phone. From now on apps will be moved to SD automatically every time you install one.

Guest modakin

i've flashed the CM7-v3b

It seem everything is Good !!

but I found the light senser is not work

how to fix it ?

Great thanks !

And I should use TWRP or CWM Recovery to flash CM7-v3b rom ?

Guest ozfunghi

I can't get TWRP installed... I've seen youtube vids that let you download goomanager from the store, but i can't find this in the google play store even though the phone is rooted. Probably only for newer Android versions?

I also tried with fastboot from my PC, but i can't get that to work either. When i open CMD and type fastboot devices... he can't find the phone. In my current recovery, there is no "fastboot" option...

Edit: i'm doing this from the same pc i used to install malez, so drivers should already be installed and i put the phone in debug mode...

Edited by ozfunghi

Guest winlinwcn

I can't get TWRP installed... I've seen youtube vids that let you download goomanager from the store, but i can't find this in the google play store even though the phone is rooted. Probably only for newer Android versions?

I also tried with fastboot from my PC, but i can't get that to work either. When i open CMD and type fastboot devices... he can't find the phone. In my current recovery, there is no "fastboot" option...

Install or reinstall the drivers

and download this TWRP version

after you download and extract it click on "install_recovery" and follow the instruction.

Guest ozfunghi

Install or reinstall the drivers

and download this TWRP version

http://www.modaco.co...p/#entry2108338

after you download and extract it click on "install_recovery" and follow the instruction.

Thanks dude, i just needed to click that file, i was trying to run CMD and navigate to the folder "cd-wise" and run it from there... didn't work. Thanks for the help!

PS: if i try to verify before install, it says failed... i hope it won't give problems installig without verification.

PPS: no problems

Edited by ozfunghi

1) Flash the "GPS wakelock fix" from page one (it's under "old versions"). You will get the original LiquidParts from which you can modify swap values

2) I think yes, but I haven't tryed it, try and report back if it works, if it does I'll include it in next version ;)

DSP Manager does not work :(. Constant FC's. The reason I wanted it was, to enable slight Dynamic Range Compression and slight Bass Boost for my headset. It improves the audio perception significantly when coupled with the beats audio which is already in the rom.

Guest ozfunghi

Seems to be running great. My GF (for whom i installed this ROM) is very happy after her first day of use. Says the phone is much faster and responsive. I put CPU on Smartass V2 and ranging from the lowest to one notch above standard (882MHz?), i always used these settings when running LiquidNext in the past, which gave great battery life for me. I also installed Swype, which seems to be responsive enough and after all the apps are installed (including maps, flash, playstore, whatsapp...) there is still over 150 of 200 MB free of internal storage. I partitioned 1GB as EXT on the SD card and set a swap of 64MB (though it wasn't really needed imo with 512MB RAM), since the standard was at 32. I used an 8GB class 10 card.

I also love the power widget which, like LiquidNext, lets you set conditions for 3G/2G/Wifi use. When Wifi is on, turn off 3G. When wifi is off, turn off sync... etc. If anybody knows if an app like this exists for non-rooted devices (and i mean which lets you set these conditions, not just the buttons), let me know. Stuff like that should be standard imo.

PS: one question, which is the standard camera? Is it still the same as the stock? Or is it improved, and if so, how? Could i flash the liquid metal camera app? Or is the one in this ROM better?

Edited by ozfunghi

Guest philippe75017

hello,

thank you master t for this ROM

i can see in the "CM7.2 Final Improved" first page the following bug

- Microphone vol, in the recording app, seems ultra low in this app.

possibly, the Remix has the same problem ? as both are based on CM

hello,

thank you master t for this ROM

i can see in the "CM7.2 Final Improved" first page the following bug

- Microphone vol, in the recording app, seems ultra low in this app.

possibly, the Remix has the same problem ? as both are based on CM

Yes this ROM has the same bug.

Guest philippe75017

bad news :( yet the recorder is important for me.

i had the same bug with LCR-F 2.0 and it could be solved by flashing the original audio lib files

libaudiopolicy.so

libaudioflinger.so

libaudioeffect_jni.so

libaudio.so

but i think they cannot apply to a CM rom

bad news :( yet the recorder is important for me.

i had the same bug with LCR-F 2.0 and it could be solved by flashing the original audio lib files

libaudiopolicy.so

libaudioflinger.so

libaudioeffect_jni.so

libaudio.so

but i think they cannot apply to a CM rom

Try flashing the same files from LiquidNext. That ROM does not have recording bug.

Guest modakin

I flashed the CM7 v3b and used it a week

I found that the signal of incoming call and mail is reversed

when I have incoming call, the mail signal is flicker.....

is it can be solved ?

the link is not available

could you fix it ?

Guest ozfunghi

Very happy with this ROM but i've noticed battery drain is worse (it drains faster) than on LiquidNext previously. In fact, even on SmartassV2 (which i used on LN as well) it doesn't seem to do much if any better than the stock ROM.

I've also noticed wifi stays on even when the screen is off, even though in my wifi settings it says to sleep when screen is turned off. Might be the reason why battery drain isn't what i hoped? Or is it because LN used an undervolted kernel? And is that possible with this ROM to undervolt the kernel? And does it make the phone less stable? (EDIT: wifi does turn off after a while, just have to wait a bit).

Still curious about the camera app in this ROM compared to stock. Seems to perform equally (bad) as the stock camera, but maybe the camcorder is improved? Is metal camera better and can we flash it (see previous post of mine)?

Edited by ozfunghi

Guest Master_T

Very happy with this ROM but i've noticed battery drain is worse (it drains faster) than on LiquidNext previously. In fact, even on SmartassV2 (which i used on LN as well) it doesn't seem to do much if any better than the stock ROM.

I've also noticed wifi stays on even when the screen is off, even though in my wifi settings it says to sleep when screen is turned off. Might be the reason why battery drain isn't what i hoped? Or is it because LN used an undervolted kernel? And is that possible with this ROM to undervolt the kernel? And does it make the phone less stable? (EDIT: wifi does turn off after a while, just have to wait a bit).

Still curious about the camera app in this ROM compared to stock. Seems to perform equally (bad) as the stock camera, but maybe the camcorder is improved? Is metal camera better and can we flash it (see previous post of mine)?

The standard timeout for wifi in Android is 15 minutes, so if youhave wifi on and you switch off the screen it will take 15 minutes for the phone to go into power saving mode (deep sleep). Also, this timeout resets if you turn on the screen, so if you check your phone often enough it could never go into deep sleep. This is the same on all roms. If you want to change the timeout to another value, follow this instructions:

[REF] Disable Wifi On Screen Off - xda-developers

I personally always set it to 1 minute, saves much battery.

Guest ozfunghi

The standard timeout for wifi in Android is 15 minutes, so if youhave wifi on and you switch off the screen it will take 15 minutes for the phone to go into power saving mode (deep sleep). Also, this timeout resets if you turn on the screen, so if you check your phone often enough it could never go into deep sleep. This is the same on all roms. If you want to change the timeout to another value, follow this instructions:

[REF] Disable Wifi On Screen Off - xda-developers

I personally always set it to 1 minute, saves much battery.

That explains a lot, but these instructions don't work for me. When i'm in CMD prompt, and type "adb shell", i get a message that it is not a valid command. Phone is in USB debug mode. It's the same problem i had trying to install twrp recovery, which then was solved clicking the .cmd file in the folder. But that doesn't help me here of course. Is there an other way to change the code in the settings file?

The guy in your link said he made an app, but it costs €4 and doesn't seem to work for a lot of people.

Is it possible using the terminal in this ROM? Or can it be flashed somehow?

Edited by ozfunghi

Guest Master_T

That explains a lot, but these instructions don't work for me. When i'm in CMD prompt, and type "adb shell", i get a message that it is not a valid command. Phone is in USB debug mode. It's the same problem i had trying to install twrp recovery, which then was solved clicking the .cmd file in the folder. But that doesn't help me here of course. Is there an other way to change the code in the settings file?

The guy in your link said he made an app, but it costs €4 and doesn't seem to work for a lot of people.

Is it possible using the terminal in this ROM? Or can it be flashed somehow?

To use adb you need to be in a folder that contains adb.exe with your command prompt, you can't just use it from any folder. Easiest way if you're on windows vista or newer: right click on the folder that contains adb.exe WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE SHIFT KEY, the select "Open command window here"

Guest ozfunghi

Yeah... that helps me one step further, but i get stuck immediately after. When i type...

busybox cp /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db /sdcard/settings.db

i get...

cp: can't stat 'busybox cp /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db' no such file or directory

Edit: nevermind; i downloaded "wifi sleep free" which is an app that lets you set the time-out as well. I'll test this out first before bothering people any further. Things never work like you want them to anyway, so this is a bit too much of a hastle if you are not familiar with stuff like this.

Edited by ozfunghi

Guest Master_T

Yeah... that helps me one step further, but i get stuck immediately after. When i type...

busybox cp /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db /sdcard/settings.db

i get...

cp: can't stat 'busybox cp /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db' no such file or directory

Edit: nevermind; i downloaded "wifi sleep free" which is an app that lets you set the time-out as well. I'll test this out first before bothering people any further. Things never work like you want them to anyway, so this is a bit too much of a hastle if you are not familiar with stuff like this.

Yeah, the guide is for a different device that has different paths, for the liquid do this:

adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db settings.db

Open the settings.db file you just pulled with SQLite Browser. Go to "browse data" and select the table "secure". Click "new record", a blank row will appear at the bottom of the table. Double click on the blank "name" field and input "wifi_idle_ms" (without quotes). Then double click on the "value" field and input the timeout you want, in milliseconds (ie: "60000" for 1 minute). Once done, click save. Close SQLite Browser and give the command:

adb push settings.db /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

Restart the phone.

Edited by Master_T

Guest ozfunghi

Yeah, the guide is for a different device that has different paths, for the liquid do this:

Open the settings.db file you just pulled with SQLite Browser. Go to "browse data" and select the table "secure". Click "new record", a blank row will appear at the bottom of the table. Double click on the blank "name" field and input "wifi_idle_ms" (without quotes). Then double click on the "value" field and input the timeout you want, in milliseconds (ie: "60000" for 1 minute). Once done, click save. Close SQLite Browser and give the command:

Restart the phone.

Not working either. I get "adb: not found"

Just to make sure: the phone is connected through USB, debug mode turned on. I open CMD in a folder with adb.exe (i use the same folder i used to install the twrp recovery). I type "adb shell". I get a # on a new line. I type "su" and enter, but nothing changes, i type the line you quoted above, and i get "adb: not found".