[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Yes. Hololauncher seems to be more laggy than Nova. I also experienced lag in notification drawer. But it turned out it's because it has set 10% transparency by default even if no background is set. After setting it to 0% it's smooth again.

On the other side I find keyboard more responsive than on any other 4.2 ROM. Might be because it's stripped of languages although it doesn't sound logical to me much.

I'm setting up all my apps right now and must say I am quite satisfied with overall system speed. Running at 902mhz as usually.

Guest SPARL_

Can't say I've noticed any lag, I'm using the Xperia Z launcher and it's running as smooth as silk. Even the browser is reminiscent of gingerbread loading speed. Great job again.

Guest GOliath00

Very nice work C3CO ! Btw you say it feets in a 150mb partition, but with how many cache and data ? (Yeah it's a bit a dumb question...)

Guest silverchair

Thank u, incredible that I can flash this to my cousins rom who has been envying me for SlimBean on Galaxy S for quite some time now!!!

Guest thomcd

Having problems with mounting C3C0's int2ext+ script. Flashed Slimbean Rom first, GApps second followed by Dutch, French and German LatinIME and at last the Int2ext+ script. Already tried Mounts and storages -> mount sdext. Using 1GB ext3 partition created by recovery. Secondly, I don't know what people are talking about a slow appdrawer, first overclock your CPU (I used no-frills CPU control app because I couldn't find the performance tab in this ROM) just turn the effects off and set scroll speed at 100% and your appdrawer is flying :P. Do the same for the home screen and this is one of the fastest ROMS for the ZTE Skate atm.

Edited by thomcd

Guest plegdroid
And I forgot to mention. I don't know how it is possible but this ROM has no broken unlock circle even with hw accelerated lockscreen :)

iam not getting broken lock circle with pj2, post-910238-13635459655688_thumb.jpg

should it not work ok? :unsure:

Try turning on hw accel for lockscreen in settings. It's turned off by default. Or maybe turn off navbar, too. :)

Edited by C3C0

...second followed by Dutch, French and German LatinIME...

It is not possible to combine languages :) What you did was that you basically replaced the previously flashed LatinIME by flashing additional one. You basically ended up with the German one (plus English since it is contained in each of them) :)

I could make combinations of languages if necessary but that wouldn't fit 150MB anymore.

Guest fagyi

Having problems with mounting C3C0's int2ext+ script. Flashed Slimbean Rom first, GApps second followed by Dutch, French and German LatinIME and at last the Int2ext+ script. Already tried Mounts and storages -> mount sdext. Using 1GB ext3 partition created by recovery. Secondly, I don't know what people are talking about a slow appdrawer, first overclock your CPU (I used no-frills CPU control app because I couldn't find the performance tab in this ROM) just turn the effects off and set scroll speed at 100% and your appdrawer is flying :P. Do the same for the home screen and this is one of the fastest ROMS for the ZTE Skate atm.

Hi im on the latest RootBox, and i was looking that int2ext+ finally working on the latest RootBox. And this one which i need :D, I think it was much better than S2E or link2Sd and simple but this just my option

I dont flashed this rom at the moment so i dont know how it working, but if on rootbox working then i think on this working too.

So maybe you give it for try. Im flashed without any modification and working nice. ( 1. flashed rom , 2 boot to rom , 3 flash int2ext+ , 4 boot to rom , 5 flash gapps reboot )

You can found it here from the original dev on xda :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1716124

Guest Wacky.ddw

Added Bulgarian and Dutch LatinIME

Thanks where do you put the transparency of to make it less laggy? Also will the trackball blink green when you receive a message? changing the collor doesnt work :) i think this rom has the potential to become one of the most stable roms when you get everything working it is verry nice :D

Guest plegdroid
Try turning on hw accel for lockscreen in settings. It's turned off by default. Or maybe turn off navbar, too. :)

:lol: that's why I didn't notice it :D

Guest thomcd

Hi im on the latest RootBox, and i was looking that int2ext+ finally working on the latest RootBox. And this one which i need :D, I think it was much better than S2E or link2Sd and simple but this just my option

I dont flashed this rom at the moment so i dont know how it working, but if on rootbox working then i think on this working too.

So maybe you give it for try. Im flashed without any modification and working nice. ( 1. flashed rom , 2 boot to rom , 3 flash int2ext+ , 4 boot to rom , 5 flash gapps reboot )

You can found it here from the original dev on xda :

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1716124

Thanks, will try it out. Edit : it didn't work, I've checked and the 40int2ext script is located at /etc/int.d, where it belongs, but the ROM only recognizes the internal memory (200 MB). Edited by thomcd

Guest thomcd

Thanks where do you put the transparency of to make it less laggy? Also will the trackball blink green when you receive a message? changing the collor doesnt work :) i think this rom has the potential to become one of the most stable roms when you get everything working it is verry nice :D

The trackball will flash when you receive a message but the color will be different if you phone is being charged (green) or if the battery is in use (red). Edit : Sorry, I thought you meant the app drawer, but it's the notification drawer transparency value you need to modify, go to settings -> Interface under advanced slim settings -> Notification drawer -> Notification drawer style under Style -> Notification background transparency Edited by thomcd

Guest plegdroid

turning Google sync off seems to help with the lagginess . iam gonna give it a good soak overnight and see how the battery fairs on Monday.

Guest silverchair

Play Store seems to be missing some of my apps like Adfree, I guess the fingerprint of the device is problematic .. would hate to have to change it upon each update of this ROM you post, so I hope you decide to change it to one that works flawlessly with the store.

I've heard a rumours that Google blocked all the ad killing apps on play store.

The fingerprint is the same as on rb and pj2. Never had a problem. In case you use different dpi than stock I recommend multi-dpi gapps.

Edited by C3C0

Guest thomcd

Is the CronMod-INT2EXTV2+ script better? Is it safe to use with the Skate, or in another words, did you get your int2ext+ script on the same page as this page, C3C0?

Edited by thomcd

I don't use such methods at all. Providing a modified int2ext for pj2 previously was just my good will. So... I have no answer for you, sorry.