Use HSPA:11 in any rom

Guest jsevi83

Not conclusive enough for me was faster before, I had to do a few runs to get it around the same mark. It depends a lot on the connecting server, also strange is how Kyan31's download speeds are weak compared to mine yet his upload is way better?

Before

post-773083-13638077091597_thumb.jpg

After

post-773083-13638077525738_thumb.jpg

Edited by sedj

Guest kyan31

Just checked, my device doesn't actually say :11 in the about section, it says :10. This is after the :11 update :o

There are still differences with the results though, as seen in my above post.

Guest jsevi83

Maybe you should find another way to test your connection, I think SpeedTest is not very reliable.

EDIT: if you are in CyanogenMod, for some reason it shows HSPA:10 or HSDPA:8 instead of 11 and 9. I though you would be using Lightning rom.. :P

Edited by jsevi83

Guest Arūnas

The best speed test is on the moon or laboratory. However, SpeedTestNet results are equivalent of browsing feeling after upgrade. So, I'm satisfied alot.

Edited by Arūnas

Guest kyan31

Maybe you should find another way to test your connection, I think SpeedTest is not very reliable.

EDIT: if you are in CyanogenMod, for some reason it shows HSPA:10 or HSDPA:8 instead of 11 and 9. I though you would be using Lightning rom.. tongue.png

Oh no, i'm using Electra, well CM10.1 basically. Thanks for the information!

Edited by kyan31

Guest jsevi83

The users of Yoigo, a spanish phone operator, reported that they cannot make phone calls if they install the HSPA:11 addon (in any baseband). Does this happen for anybody else?

Yoigo is the same operator that has problems when using 3G in ICS roms with GB baseband.

EDIT: it seems they needed to reboot a second time after installing HSPA:11 to be able to make phone calls.

Edited by jsevi83

Guest dinamo1975

Very nice!!! I Testing with "Speed test" and:

Before patch:

Download: 1517kbps

Upload: 402kbps

After patch:

Download: 3641kbps

Upload: 1725kbps

Double speeeeddd... but, "how it will handle the battery with this patch" ?

Edited by dinamo1975

Guest vegadrc

Used this earlier today and it reset my imei number to 0.

3 network sim card would then not work.

Had to use 5irom to reset imei. (Lucky I had backup).

Before I flashed it was on GPRS:1 network type.

After flash still on GPRS:1 network type.

If you try this recomend a full backup of everything.

Guest jsevi83

Used this earlier today and it reset my imei number to 0.

3 network sim card would then not work.

Had to use 5irom to reset imei. (Lucky I had backup).

Before I flashed it was on GPRS:1 network type.

After flash still on GPRS:1 network type.

If you try this recomend a full backup of everything.

Somebody else had the same issue with CM10.1 in GB baseband. It's not that you lost your imei, only that for some reason the rom cannot read it. If you install another rom you will see that you still have your IMEI. The zip to install HSPA:11 only touches partitions 10 and 11, and IMEI is partition 5. It's funny nobody noticed that after using 5irom with imei hack to scape from B926, after restoring the imei backup the network was also changed to HSPA:11, because 5iromtoolbox uses partitions 5, 10 and 11.

Guest vegadrc

Thanks for the explanation.

Strange that the 3 network sim card would not work without the imei no. but when I tried a vodafone one it worked.!

Also strange that whatever I try the network type stays on GPRS:1.

Maybe its the signal in my area which I know is very poor.

Thanks for the explanation.

Strange that the 3 network sim card would not work without the imei no. but when I tried a vodafone one it worked.!

Also strange that whatever I try the network type stays on GPRS:1.

Maybe its the signal in my area which I know is very poor.

Most likely the network. I'm on rural Giffgaff at home so I barely get reception and when I do it says GPRS:1. When I go into town it switches to show HSPA:11.

I'm running Stock + latest release.

Guest solovastru

I HSPDA11 it been the morning and I remarked an increase on SpeedTest aproxiati 1 mb on Vodafone Ro. Today I will be attentive to the battery. I had no problem so far ... any kind (IMEI, reboot).

You are the best ...