How to change splash screen without cwm

Guest rb__11

Guest rb__11

Hey guys. I need to take my phone to huawei but i must have no root and no cwm. I already have my vodafone rom with all apps but the splash screen is still the chinese one. I know i can change it with cwm but once i have cwm i must reflash the rom and for that i need to hack the imei and once i restore it back (what's weird is that once my imei is 0 the splash screen is the stock one) the splash screen becomes chinese

Help please!

Guest fr0do

Delete the bootanimation file in system/media

Oh sorry not the animation... There are threads with patches to change the splash screen logo

Edited by fr0do

Guest fr0do

I think you're only option is to install fresh from an update app, but not the Chinese one this time!

Edited by fr0do

Guest rb__11

the thing is: when i flash and update.app i have to hack the imei. after i flash the splash screen is normal but when i restore the imei the splash screen goes back to chinese...

Guest hippy dave

5irom backs up extra stuff like the splash, as well as the IMEI. There's another thread with adb scripts to backup/zero/restore your IMEI, that doesn't affect the splash. So, use the script to backup, then zero and flash the update.app, then restore with the script.