XMOD: MoDaCo Toolkit for Xposed Framework

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lanlith

Bizarre, I'll look at that!

P

If I get time tonight I'll wipe and reinstall MCR Jr10 as its dirty flash from stock 4.2.2 at the moment.

Guest Tymmy Dee

I just can't get this to work at all. Stock Rom now. None of the module's work from the tool box on HTC one. Individual ones do.

At a dead end.

Guest Dieter Schroeder

Stock or CM Dieter? Removing battery meter doesn't work on CM as there is a menu option in CM to do it.

Should work on stock...

P

Hello Paul,

JR10 on Nexus 4 and JR16 on Galaxy Nexus. On both devices none of the mods are working. Both ROMs baked with circle meter and running Franco kernel.

Dieter

Guest Tymmy Dee

Ok. I got it to work.

Using root explorer went to /mnt/asec/modaco.xposed.toolkit-1 folder.

Changed permissions for the pkg.apk and then installed the pkg.apk. this over writes the toolkit and puts it into /data/data/com.modaco.xposed.toolkit.

Reboot and all selected modules work on HTC one.

This was done on a stock Rom and trickdroid Rom on two different devices.

Hope this helps you Paul figuring what going on.

Guest PaulOBrien
Ok. I got it to work.

Using root explorer went to /mnt/asec/modaco.xposed.toolkit-1 folder.

Changed permissions for the pkg.apk and then installed the pkg.apk. this over writes the toolkit and puts it into /data/data/com.modaco.xposed.toolkit.

Reboot and all selected modules work on HTC one.

This was done on a stock Rom and trickdroid Rom on two different devices.

Hope this helps you Paul figuring what going on.

Ah ha! Then I know the issue and it'll be fixed in the next release, thanks for your help!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Version 5 is now online!

New in version 5 - bugfix: Fixed an issue with app installing to SD card. new module - HTC One: Don't disable ADB - ADB WILL NOT be disabled on boot if the device has a secure lockscreen configuration. DANGER: This is a potential security risk - handle with care!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Yes, seems to be working OK on my Nexus 4. Could you uninstall then reinstall version 4? Which module(s) specifically are you enabling without any luck?

P

Guest lanlith

Rotation in particular. Just on its own. I had joy if I enabled hide battery in the past but even that wasn't easy.

I still need to wipe and start a fresh as it worked perfect on my Evo so I think its an option that its my ROM :-D

Thanks for checking

Guest Tymmy Dee

Update never worked for me. Uninstalled. Installed new version. Did not install to data/app, nor did modules work.

Installed the pkg.apk and installs to data/app and all ok.

Guest Dieter Schroeder

OK, installed. v. 5. Still not working. Perhaps it would be better to get the whole thing working, before adding features.

At the moment I pay for an app, I am out of being a beta tester. All I wanted was the duplicate meter removed.

And what if the mod is already selected in the kitchen? Say NFC enabled via kitchen, what happens when I deselect it in the toolbox?

Guest PaulOBrien
OK, installed. v. 5. Still not working. Perhaps it would be better to get the whole thing working, before adding features.

At the moment I pay for an app, I am out of being a beta tester. All I wanted was the duplicate meter removed.

And what if the mod is already selected in the kitchen? Say NFC enabled via kitchen, what happens when I deselect it in the toolbox?

I'm running it on a multitude of devices here and it's fully functional. I'm sorry you're having issues and I'm happy to try and help.

I'm guessing you wouldn't choose the same option in the kitchen and toolkit, but if you do, in this instance, nfc will stay modded of course.

First things to check are to ensure that Xposed is installed correctly, then check the toolkit isn't installed to sd if your device supports it (in settings, apps).

P

Guest PaulOBrien

There appears to be an issue with installing apps from the Play Store where they get installed to /mnt/asec, which breaks the link to Xposed.

This is the first Xposed module to be deployed via the Play Store so this is a previously unseen bug.

I'll liaise with the Xposed developer as soon as possible and hopefully we can get a fix!

P

(details - http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=34880)

Guest lanlith

There appears to be an issue with installing apps from the Play Store where they get installed to /mnt/asec, which breaks the link to Xposed.

This is the first Xposed module to be deployed via the Play Store so this is a previously unseen bug.

I'll liaise with the Xposed developer as soon as possible and hopefully we can get a fix!

P

(details - http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=34880)

I wonder if this is why I have problems too :-)

I reflashed my phone and wiped it and installed xposed framework, the toolkit, added all rotation and no joy so far :-S

Ah. Yes following the instructions to install PKG.apk it works now

Edited by lanlith

Guest Dieter Schroeder

Hello Paul, even when I repeat myself: Both devices are Nexus without SD cards. Xposed framework is functional and toolbox 5 is installed and activated. I have tried with all mods activated and only the meter activated. No reaction, nada, niente. I didn't bake a new ROM, but used the one with most mods already enabled, except the meter. I don't have the toolbox in /data/apps and when I look at the comments, I'm not the only one having problems.

Guest PaulOBrien

If the toolkit is not working for you, please consider posting the content of /data/xposed/debug.log ('adb shell cat /data/xposed/debug.log') in pastebin so I can look for errors - I am pretty sure it is the Google but mentioned above which the Xposed framework is not prepared for (this is the first Xposed module to be deployed via the Play Store).

Dieter - you're clearly not happy with your purchase and although i'm doing everything in my power to resolve the issue at this stage (as I hope you can see), if you'd prefer a refund let me know and i'll action that for you.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Also, 'adb shell pm list packages -f' will list install locations of packages, check the 'com.modaco.xposed.toolkit' line to see if it's /data/app or /mnt/asec.

I've posted about the issue in the Xposed thread on XDA if you want to track any replies.

P

Guest lanlith

Hello Paul, even when I repeat myself: Both devices are Nexus without SD cards. Xposed framework is functional and toolbox 5 is installed and activated. I have tried with all mods activated and only the meter activated. No reaction, nada, niente. I didn't bake a new ROM, but used the one with most mods already enabled, except the meter. I don't have the toolbox in /data/apps and when I look at the comments, I'm not the only one having problems.

Have you tried copying out the pkg.apk from /mint/asec/ toolkit folder and installing? Seems to vastly improve things on my N4 (no sdcard obvs.)

Guest PaulOBrien

Have you tried copying out the pkg.apk from /mint/asec/ toolkit folder and installing? Seems to vastly improve things on my N4 (no sdcard obvs.)

Yes, that will fix it - and confirms the root cause (Play Store installing to that location and the Xposed Framework expecting the module to be in /data/app).

P

Guest lanlith

Yes, that will fix it - and confirms the root cause (Play Store installing to that location and the Xposed Framework expecting the module to be in /data/app).

P

Worked for me so was hoping Dieter could use this fix too!

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm hoping I can fix it so he can update his review. ;)

P

Dieter Schröder on Apr 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Doesn't work at all See subject. Waste of time and money.