XMOD: MoDaCo Toolkit for Xposed Framework

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hkfriends

thanks paul for this great tool... btw, I have two questions:

1. I am unable to see this app (following the link) in google play .. nothing can be found.

2. Is it possible to add a tweak for "com.android.phone" which allowing me to disable notifications.. as this is system app, it is blocked "notification option" in the app_info. I want to disable it whiile on roaming msg

Guest lanlith

thanks paul for this great tool... btw, I have two questions:

1. I am unable to see this app (following the link) in google play .. nothing can be found.

2. Is it possible to add a tweak for "com.android.phone" which allowing me to disable notifications.. as this is system app, it is blocked "notification option" in the app_info. I want to disable it whiile on roaming msg

There's a bug at the moment so its temporarily unavailable in the market.

Also there's an option to show all disable system apps which i think allows disabling notifications too already :-)

Guest Dieter Schroeder

Copying pkg.apk to a safe place, removing the app and installing from the apk did the trick. I'll update my revision as soon as installation works. Thank you.

Guest PaulOBrien

OK, this seems to be the best solution for now - a seperate Xposed module that disables the Play Store encryption on your device (app APKs instead go to /data/app).

So, to use...

- install Xposed framework on the One, as detailed in this post

- install and activate the new 'No Encryption' module for Xposed from here

- reboot

- install MoDaCo Toolkit from the Play Store

All should then be well, if an existing owner can confirm (the app will appear in your 'all' list, not via searches) I can re-enable it in the Play Store with further instructions.

P

Guest lanlith

OK, this seems to be the best solution for now - a seperate Xposed module that disables the Play Store encryption on your device (app APKs instead go to /data/app).

So, to use...

- install Xposed framework on the One, as detailed in this post

- install and activate the new 'No Encryption' module for Xposed from here

- reboot

- install MoDaCo Toolkit from the Play Store

All should then be well, if an existing owner can confirm (the app will appear in your 'all' list, not via searches) I can re-enable it in the Play Store with further instructions.

P

Working for me! N4

My colleagues are looking forward to seeing it return the play store! :)

Edited by lanlith

Guest PaulOBrien

The first post and Play Store instructions are updated... the Xposed 'No Encryption' module is now part of the pre-requisites (hopefully this will be removed with a future Xposed Installer release).

I have now re-published the app in the Play Store.

P

Guest terminal 7

HI

its 6 am and im about to go to work so i havent fully read all the thread so excuse if i repeat something previously mentioned.

the toolkit mods were not working on some reboots and in xposed the reboot option wasnt working.

so i installed ROM TOOLBOX which has its own reboot section within the app.

using the soft reboot in this app but with fastboot in the rom disabled it is possible to reboot and all the xposed mods come to life.

i have repeated this process 3 times this morning and it seems to work.

im not a developer (crap at code really) but if i can help with a logcat or whatever then please ask

ill read this thread in full later on.

"HTCFTW"

Guest PaulOBrien

Version 6 is now online!

New in version 6 - added 'Wireless' category. New modules - Wireless: Enable VPN with Face Lock - VPN (Credential Storage) will be available with Face Lock security.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Version 7 is now online!

New in version 7 - New module - Device Properties: a number of device properties (normally read from build.prop) can be changed on the fly. BOARD, BRAND, DEVICE, MODEL and PRODUCT are included initially. Want others? Let me know!

P

Guest lanlith

Is it possible to read the current values from the device for the new build.prop tweaks?

DPI would be my only other suggestion at the moment. E.g. for the new market

Guest PaulOBrien
Is it possible to read the current values from the device for the new build.prop tweaks?

DPI would be my only other suggestion at the moment. E.g. for the new market

Yes, I can add that...

P

Guest Dieter Schroeder

Just updated to 7 and guess what! The battery meter is back. Device did a soft reboot and I forced another reboot, but the icon stays. Done on my GNex with modaco ROM.

Guest PaulOBrien
Just updated to 7 and guess what! The battery meter is back. Device did a soft reboot and I forced another reboot, but the icon stays. Done on my GNex with modaco ROM.

Whaaaaaaat! Investigating...

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Note: Due to a technical issue, it has been necessary to re-upload MoDaCo Toolkit to the Play Store. If you have already purchased, please re-purchase and then contact me via PM for a refund. Apologies for the inconvenience. :(

Guest PaulOBrien

Version 8 is now online!

New in version 8 - the 'no encryption' module is no longer required - if the app is installed to encrypted storage, you will be warned and given the chance to fix on first load.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Version 9 is now online!

New in version 9 - New module - Facebook Force Home Compatibility: Facebook will detect your device as Facebook Home compatible.

P

Guest Mithon

I'm in Canada on a nexus 4 and the facebook home part says thank you for installing, download facebook app. Then when I do install the facebook app it goes back to home saying unsupported? I wanted to do it this way as the other modaco apk's for facebook home have a different version of the messenger that is quite a bit worse.

Guest lanlith

Slightly off topic : Have all the modaco apps gone from the market? o.O

I can only see the framework and the camera launcher for Nexus 7 under Paul's name now rather than Modaco. Not even the forum app seems visible - either that or I am just failing at search at the moment

Guest lanlith

I'm in Canada on a nexus 4 and the facebook home part says thank you for installing, download facebook app. Then when I do install the facebook app it goes back to home saying unsupported? I wanted to do it this way as the other modaco apk's for facebook home have a different version of the messenger that is quite a bit worse.

change the device properties for now - that should get you in!

my Evo3D thinks I have a Samsung N7100

Guest PaulOBrien

Make sure you've installed the unpatched home if you're using the unpatched FB app.

Slightly off topic : Have all the modaco apps gone from the market? o.O

I can only see the framework and the camera launcher for Nexus 7 under Paul's name now rather than Modaco. Not even the forum app seems visible - either that or I am just failing at search at the moment

Yeah, a technical problem. :( I will be relisting the forum app under my paulobrien account.

P