Internal Storage Disapearing ?

Rom Toolbox reports 1.6Gb of data for apps on internal, I have around 30 apps installed, 546Mb left does'nt add up to me so I done a little investigating to see where that space is going. What I found was data/logs/core taking over 1gb in logs :wacko:

can anyone else confirm this ?

I know there are build.prop tweaks to turn loggin off, cannot remember them off top of my head but, I would first like to establish if everyone has this or it is maybe an app I use.

Edited by Guest

Guest BlueMoonRising

They seem to be a mixture of everything, I've just deleted all of mine too(hope I don't regret that :wacko: ).

It's data/logs/core by the way.

Yeah sorry data/logs/core. How much space was being used for you ? mine was over 1gb :o

I also deleted them all and have seen no come backs from it so it seems no worse than wiping dalvik cache, next time the logs build up I shall do a bit of digging.

Edited by Guest

Yes it is a lot, if left, it continues to grow!

I have had several android devices and never encountered this before, surely some error by intel ?

post-796032-0-89139500-1365361973_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Yes same when I delete, they do not seem to return, the above screenshot is another fresh install only this time the orange rom(themed of course)

Edited by Guest

Guest BlueMoonRising

I had a look at a 2 or 3 as purely text files before deleting them and they seemed to come from different apps including at least one app that I think I had deleted beforehand..

Guest Firestorm79

I have exactly this problem - can I delete/do anything to increase internal storage space on an unrooted OSD? thing is I can't root it at the moment as I need to install adbd insecure, and it won't let me install any apps as I have less than 200mb of storage space!!

Guest codroid

You don't need adb app for root. If you are on windows and the tool won't let you pass the adb app part then open task manager and kill adb process to continue.

Or use glossywhite root tool as it may bypass adb app part.

Edited by codroid

Guest Firestorm79

thanks - I can bypass the adb bit now, but still can't root as my phone doesn't seem to restore data... it says restoring, and then it stops the restoration without the phone being rooted and the shell window still keeps running...

Edited by Firestorm79

Guest BlueMoonRising

It doesn't actually restore anything(I think) it's part of the exploit(again, I think :wacko: ) but perhaps it needs a bit of room.

Have you tried moving your apps to USB storage to free up some space?

Guest glossywhite

You don't need adb app for root. If you are on windows and the tool won't let you pass the adb app part then open task manager and kill adb process to continue.

Or use glossywhite root tool as it may bypass adb app part.

My tool installs ADBD Insecure, sorry!

• 1 month later...
Guest sbenrap

I can confirm this issue on some more Xolo phones (mine is taking up 1GB of space!)

• Does anyone know if it affects other companies as well (like Motorola etc.) or is it just a Xolo issue?
  • Is it possible to delete the logs without rooting? I have Iron Mobile installed which encrypts the phone and claims will not work with root

Thanks for the help

Guest BlueMoonRising

I can confirm this issue on some more Xolo phones (mine is taking up 1GB of space!)

• Does anyone know if it affects other companies as well (like Motorola etc.) or is it just a Xolo issue?
  • Is it possible to delete the logs without rooting? I have Iron Mobile installed which encrypts the phone and claims will not work with root

Thanks for the help

Doubtful you can delete them without root but that said why haven't you tried it?

Never heard of Iron Mobile but will it let you root, delete the logs and then unroot?

Edit :- just checked on mine and the folder is still empty over a month later.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest sbenrap

Doubtful you can delete them without root but that said why haven't you tried it?

Never heard of Iron Mobile but will it let you root, delete the logs and then unroot?

Edit :- just checked on mine and the folder is still empty over a month later.

Yes, of course I tried. I used File Expert to try this and was unsuccesful :(

Iron Mobile is ued to access my company mails, it encrypts the internal storage (why I accepted this is beyond me), and the only way to undo is perform factory reset (which I am naturally contemplating at this point).

I wonder if a factory reset will even solve this...

I twitted Xolo but did not get a reply as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlueMoonRising

No, it's not that. I daresay it's creating it's own logs but I'd never heard of it until your post. I had to reflash the Xolo ICS rom recently and found them all back. before that I'd had just 2 reappear(I couldn't even figure out where they came from). They're all happily deleted again with no downside.

Guest codroid

Certainly is the cause of it on my device. I done a fresh install yesterday and thought I would get to the bottom of it, I noticed only two logs with a fresh install and this did not change. I realized then it was an app, obviously a root app so I started with greenify. As soon as I had greenified my apps I noticed there was many logs, uninstalled grenify and now no logs at all.

...possible there are other root apps that may do this, most likely a conflict with x86 maybe ?

Edited by codroid

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hmm, in that case I'm at a loss. As said after first deleting them I had just 2 appear recently(no idea from where), yet when I reflashed Xolo(not a factory reset so the same apps still there) I suddenly had god knows how many of them back. Strange.

Guest ColdEmbrace

Would someone recommend me an application with root file access, I used to use ES File Explorer but it doesn't detect root on intel based CPUs wish they'd fix that. Preferably something free if possible.