[JB][CM10.1]★Electra ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300★ ✰UPDATED 02/05/2013✰ ★V3★

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

Does anyone else have a problem where the beats app will stop working like halfway through a song? it really bugs me as i listen to music loads and like the setting I use with the beats app

I haven't had this problem myself, so i'll need a logcat.

Guest jamie_w

I've noticed that when I put my headphones in Apollo won't start automatically ( even tho the box is ticked ) also when I try to go into Electra settings it crashes and says its stopped working. If this based on cm10.1 how do we get the option to get pop up texts box ?

Guest kyan31

I've noticed that when I put my headphones in Apollo won't start automatically ( even tho the box is ticked ) also when I try to go into Electra settings it crashes and says its stopped working. If this based on cm10.1 how do we get the option to get pop up texts box ?

That sounds like a problem on your end, maybe you should install Electra again with full wipes.

Guest george109

A couple of days ago, I contacted Huawei and got the bootloader unlock password, but in the flash zip, there is a boot.img. Does this mean I can still unlock the bootloader with the passcode huawei gave me? or is it replaced? if it is, can it still be unlocked with the password, or is it already unlocked, so will it have the 3g reboots issue?

Edited by george109

Guest kyan31

OK I'll try that. What about the pop up messaging box? Is there away to get it on?

I didn't know it was there in the first place, I use a seperate messenging system so i've never worried about it.

A couple of days ago, I contacted Huawei and got the bootloader unlock password, but in the flash zip, there is a boot.img. Does this mean I can still unlock the bootloader with the passcode huawei gave me? or is it replaced? if it is, can it still be unlocked with the password, or is it already unlocked, so will it have the 3g reboots issue?

I have no idea, you should ask someone who has officially unlocked thier bootloader.

Guest jamie_w

I didn't know it was there in the first place, I use a seperate messenging system so i've never worried about it.

I have no idea, you should ask someone who has officially unlocked thier bootloader.

Yeah its in dazz's cm10.1. Is there anyway I can get it for Electra?

Guest kyan31

Yeah its in dazz's cm10.1. Is there anyway I can get it for Electra?

Just use the same method as in CM10.1 to use it in Electra, seems pretty obvious :blink:

Guest jamie_w

Just use the same method as in CM10.1 to use it in Electra, seems pretty obvious :blink:

Well I would if it was there, why do you think I'm asking!

Guest kyan31

Well I would if it was there, why do you think I'm asking!

I haven't removed such a feature, and I never knew it was there to start with. Maybe you were using a 3rd party application or something?

Guest george109

To get the messaging pop up, go messaging (the original one), settings, scroll down then tick show pop up. Is that what you mean?

Edited by george109

Guest jamie_w

I wasn't using a 3rd party app as I've always had trouble sending MMS from them. I think I've just worked out why its not available, I used your add on of MMS-Mod-BWG as i wanted the sent/recieved texts to be different and that's obviously from an old version.

Guest kyan31

I wasn't using a 3rd party app as I've always had trouble sending MMS from them. I think I've just worked out why its not available, I used your add on of MMS-Mod-BWG as i wanted the sent/recieved texts to be different and that's obviously from an old version.

Well thats why it isn't there then, you should always tell me if you have any addons while reporting bugs etc.

Oh, and i'm using the default messaging app, and the option is there.

post-969101-0-13825900-1366580694_thumb.

Guest george109

Well thats why it isn't there then, you should always tell me if you have any addons while reporting bugs etc.

Oh, and i'm using the default messaging app, and the option is there.

post-969101-0-13825900-1366580694_thumb.

Same. You could get it back by extracting messaging.apk from system/app from the zip or just reflash electra

Guest AussieExpat

Thanks for this,

looks awesome!!

Minor "complaint" (not reallly, the logon screen could be more dynamic than just remaining on the Electra word

Overall, much more than what an android neophyte like me currently needs, to think less than a month ago I had never used anything but unrooted devices, now this!! wow

but have had problems with some non-working apps --

1. Searched but performance of News & Weather seems variable, with some able to "use" it, and some not -- it's not installed by default, and my copy of it using Apps Backup & Restore refuses to install -- if I do a "clean install", what app do I download from the Play Store?
  2. Snapseed doesn't want to take photos -- I've read that some camera functions were reverted to a previous version, could this be the problem, or is it something else? or should I use a different app? recommendations?

Guest kyan31
Thanks for this,

looks awesome!!

Minor "complaint" (not reallly, the logon screen could be more dynamic than just remaining on the Electra word

Overall, much more than what an android neophyte like me currently needs, to think less than a month ago I had never used anything but unrooted devices, now this!! wow

but have had problems with some non-working apps --

1. Searched but performance of News & Weather seems variable, with some able to "use" it, and some not -- it's not installed by default, and my copy of it using Apps Backup & Restore refuses to install -- if I do a "clean install", what app do I download from the Play Store?
  2. Snapseed doesn't want to take photos -- I've read that some camera functions were reverted to a previous version, could this be the problem, or is it something else? or should I use a different app? recommendations?

1. There is a news and weather flash able zip in the addons, so try that rather than using your own.

2. I'm not sure what snapseed is :P

3. The boot animation is a little tacky because I made it myself, it involves making tons on frames, anything more complex would probably be total crap.

Guest bflmpesseveze

I like this rom a lot. But I have question for its users. How long your telephone will stay alive with this ROM? Is it battery hungry for everyone or just me? My phone is dead after 2 days :/ At first I blamed Viber, then smart launcher but it's fault of the ROM.

Guest AussieExpat

1. There is a news and weather flash able zip in the addons, so try that rather than using your own.

2. I'm not sure what snapseed is :P

3. The boot animation is a little tacky because I made it myself, it involves making tons on frames, anything more complex would probably be total crap.

Awesomely quick response mate, thanks heaps.

Haven't examined the addons yet, was expecting to find it in the GAPPS file, but...

Have re-installed the "standard" two zip files, Camera is back -- tried resolving this by installing another Photo app -- Pixlr -- only to be told that there was no camera app installed! -- obvious problem installing zip files previously -- after re-install it's back -- and Snapseed is working again!

Snapseed is the photo app bought by Google from Nik Software (awesome software in its own right), it's free, and one of the most consistently highly rated photo apps -- but maybe the same problem as with Pixlr -- missing Camera app as part of the "OS"

not sure if I've got the "settings" right for the boot "animation" -- do they have to be set? all I get is a stationary word "Electra", in white but overall booting seems pretty quick, so who can complain?! ;-D

thanks again