[JB][CM10.1]★Electra ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300★ ✰UPDATED 02/05/2013✰ ★V3★

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31
So in your opinion comparing this rom to anything else is bad... then to what should it be compared? Everything 4.2.2 is basically Danzig core with some customizations so same or even more (maybe not 100% true. Electra has an awesome customization menu)...

Anyways I think I'll pass on this discussion if only good comments are allowed. Never had such problems with expressing downsides of specific roms.

There's nothing wrong with comparing ROMs, but certain ROMs should not be compared as they are different versions of android.

Also, there is nothing wrong with criticising a ROM, but it must be constructive, and it must contain info that the developer can use e.g:

- Logcats

- Batterystats

- List of installed apps

- List of installed mods

- Screenshots

- Method of installation - full wipes or no wipes

With this type of info, a developer can actually diagnose your issue, and then maybe even fix it.

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31
Working perfect, so far the 4.2.2 rom i liked most, thanks and keep up the good work.

I'm glad you like it, and thanks :)

Guest k0va

Hello,

I did flash rom, again without useing any backup app. I still do have some problems with SMS, i can receive sms, but sometimes it takes hours or days to receive sms, also sometimes i cannot send sms in first try, or no signal on phone. Usualiy reboot helps, sim pin is not allways accepted, after enterying sim pin phone asks again sim pin, and doesn't count it as wrong pin. I do think that this bug is specific for combination of this ROM, my G300, and my carrier Tele2 in Croatia.

On Lightening Rom, everything works perfectly, so it is not hardware.

EDIT:

i have the network drop iusse, i try patch with ril from cm i have signal but no one can call me

any possible fix?

Same here, i think it is the same bug that couses me truble with sms, please repport, does the patch works.

Edited by k0va

Guest kyan31

i have the network drop iusse, i try patch with ril from cm i have signal but no one can call me

any possible fix?

Flash the old RIL, thats all you can really do :(

Guest g300-u8815-user

tnx for the help ,was a bit in hurry for posting about the recovery option missing,and sorted it on my own,but tnx for the help,and fast reply/s

Guest g300-u8815-user

tnx for help,found the solution on my own,soory if this message will show up as a new topic or post,as im trying to reply to ones who actually helped with the answer to my previous post,battery definatelly an improvement with electra v3

I can't help with the first issue, BUT exactly what procedure are you using to try to get into Recovery mode? I have NEVER had this problem, and have used several different ROMs on more than one phone -- IF you're patient, and it's been installed correctly -- you do know it's a matter of holding down, at the same time, BOTH the power button AND the Volume UP button, for about 15-25 seconds (sometimes less) ?? I made the mistake when first doing this of thinking it happened more quickly, but once you're used to it it doesn't seem that long after all. This latter problem you mention also has nothing sfaik to do with the ROM itself.
Did you check developer options/advanced reboot/show always and there is maybe one more place. I'm not on this rom soo can't check.
That certainly provides the option of "When unlocked, include options in the power menu for rebooting normally or into recovery" though I've never used that myself, always going back to the "manual", standard, method -- there are SO MANY features in this ROM :-) safe to say I've left mine unchecked and never had any difficulty using the "standard" method that is, presuming you know about how to enable the developer options (via About Phone/build number -- tap 7 times -- it's an Android 4 "thing" to hide it) though it doesn't address the issue about settings/security/sms message limit-if clicked -force closes for me" -- I've never had that problem so can't speak from experience -- and would prefer to leave "developer options" for developers. but, being foolish, I tested it and it does cause Settings to stop -- message comes up "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped. OK" but tapping OK, returns phone to working state, for me, without any further problems. I Do know there was something about Security setting crashing on a previous version of the kernel 3.0.7 -- so it's probably, again, not a ROM issue. Then again, this overall issue, of limiting SMS messages, has a bit of a thorny historical past -- if you're curious, then that's what Google searches are for -- but see here for some "ancient history" http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=36617
Settings/about Press the build number repeatedly until you become a 'developer' Developer options should now be available in the settings Now go to developer options and tick the 'reboot into recovery' option. That should be it, now you can hold the power button, press reboot, and pick what type of reboot you want to perform.

Guest kyan31

Hmm, i'm not sure how i'm gonna update Electra now that we have nightlies :unsure:

This means, I probably will update Electra eventually if a noticeably good nightly appears, but until then I will not be updating Electra's base. New features and fixes are still encouraged though :)

Maybe I should start updating Lightning ROM in the meantime, people do want the update, but i'm not so fond of B9xx in general so it would be wasted on me :ph34r:

Edited by kyan31

Guest SyrupDErable

some really positive comments are being made in response to the changes in the CM10.1 ROM introduced in the Nightly Builds -- should we be expecting those changes to be introduced in Electra, in light of the comments above by kOva and Loki86 ?

Guest kyan31
some really positive comments are being made in response to the changes in the CM10.1 ROM introduced in the Nightly Builds -- should we be expecting those changes to be introduced in Electra, in light of the comments above by kOva and Loki86 ?

It really depends, I'm not sure if they are just kernel changes or part of the ROMs system. If it is just kernel changes, I could easily swap the kernel, but if it isn't, I'll have to fully rebase Electra :(

Guest kyan31

I can't wait for next ELECTRA release smile.png

Sure, i'll release one, but i'm gonna wait for a solid CMR5 release, I mean you can't expect me to re-base Electra every 5 hours (thats when each nightly is released) :lol:

Edited by kyan31

Guest dbaseii

This is an excellent rom. It revived my g300 from an overheating/shutdown error.

I am get a daily update ,V3 CMR4 - Patched 2, but when I click to download I get an "md5 error - downloaded file is invalid"

Any ideas?

Guest SyrupDErable

This is an excellent rom. It revived my g300 from an overheating/shutdown error.

I am get a daily update ,V3 CMR4 - Patched 2, but when I click to download I get an "md5 error - downloaded file is invalid"

Any ideas?

download the ROM to your PC, copy it across to your phone, and flash the zip from there, using clean wipes beforehand

Guest SyrupDErable

download the ROM to your PC, copy it across to your phone, and flash the zip from there, using clean wipes beforehand

In some ways I don't understand this post -- are the ROMs for Electra changing on a daily basis -- reflecting changes in CM10.1 R4?

or is this post somewhat confusing the two?

Guest dbaseii

I cannot find this patched rom in the OP

Guest SyrupDErable

I cannot find this patched rom in the OP

as I was suggesting - which ROM are you actually talking about -- on further thought, your post was confusing issues -- "Patched 2" is for Electra -- and is not "strictly necessary" -- depending on what you're trying to do

daily updates are for CM10.1 R4 -- downloadable from a separate source

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest dbaseii

as I was suggesting - which ROM are you actually talking about -- on further thought, your post was confusing issues -- "Patched 2" is for Electra -- and is not "strictly necessary" -- depending on what you're trying to do

daily updates are for CM10.1 R4 -- downloadable from a separate source

As I posted the question in the Electra section its obvious that I am talking about the Electra rom

Guest SyrupDErable

As I posted the question in the Electra section its obvious that I am talking about the Electra rom

then, get your f(&(_&b facts straight before posting stupid, nonsensical pointless questions, that cannot be answered!!!

check your facts, and then ask questions that can HAVE questions, or p*(( off!

Guest dbaseii

then, get your f(&(_&b facts straight before posting stupid, nonsensical pointless questions, that cannot be answered!!!

check your facts, and then ask questions that can HAVE questions, or p*(( off!

What don't you understand about my question?

Guest SyrupDErable

How about:

Why I'm bothering trying to answer it?

Unlike everybody else, you haven't bothered reading all the previous posts, the ready availability of "nightly updates" applies to CM10.1 R4

Patched-2 is an update to Electra ROM R3

two DIFFERENT ROMs!!

which one do you want --- fortunately, it's the end of my day here, TGIF!!

Guest kyan31

Please stop confusing people, it is a bug with the OTA updater, not the ROM. You are definitely on the latest version, so just disable the OTA notifications and forget about your troubles.