Want to get a OSD

Guest Rattonboy

Guest Rattonboy

I want to get an OSD however should i stick with gingerbread or update to ICS?

And is it worth Rooting.

Plus can i get ICS themes on GB without ROOT?

Thanks

Edited by Rattonboy

Guest Biohead

If you were to buy an OSD new, it would almost certainly come with ICS as standard. Only extremely old inventory would still be on GB.

Is it worth rooting? Only you can answer that. For me I did so I could debrand the rom and try to get stock android.

Guest Rattonboy

I want to root it for some apps I have FPS meter,titanium backup. but if it comes with ICS does it effect games much especially GTA VICE city? I saw gta3 running on OSD with GB and there were no crashes.

Guest BlueMoonRising

As Biohead said the chances of getting GB on one are very slim, besides ICS is SOOOOO much better than GB. Compatibility is greater as well, although for GTA 3 you need to root and install the alternative GPU libs.

Guest glossywhite

As Biohead said the chances of getting GB on one are very slim, besides ICS is SOOOOO much better than GB. Compatibility is greater as well, although for GTA 3 you need to root and install the alternative GPU libs.

My couriered replacement came with GB...

Guest Biohead

That's not from stock they sell though, nor is it regularly refreshed. I can guarantee it wasn't couriered from an EE store, nor a main stock warehouse. A head office store, or a warehouse that deals with warranty replacements and repairs is a much more likely origin.

They generally have stock reserved for such purposes. It's why replacement units are generally still running old software as they have a much lower throughput rate.

Guest Rattonboy

i ave seen a couple of pics and vids of the OSD and it looked like the screen is broken, it shows various colours but it then goes away when you go into app drawer. is this something should be worried about?

Guest BlueMoonRising

).

i ave seen a couple of pics and vids of the OSD and it looked like the screen is broken, it shows various colours but it then goes away when you go into app drawer. this something should be worried about?

I think you'll find that it's called wallpaper... :)

Guest DaveSimonH

Well the phone seems to be back in stock online, but I'd recommend ringing local EE stores first to check if they have stock.

I, and a few others, had to chase up the £10 credit when I bought the phone online

Guest Rattonboy

).

I think you'll find that it's called wallpaper... :)

LOL it was i thought it was dead pixels. I get this blue filter on my ZTE blade i thought they had similar problems. AHAHA :D