Unusual backlight bleed.

Guest optidragon

Guest optidragon

I dropped my phone in water a month ago and took it out the exact moment, removed the battery and let it dry out. An hour ago I decided to turn it on and the screen started to flicker until it shut down (nightmare). With a little hope i searched google what to do and have put my phone in dry rice for a day. Luckily the phone turned on afterwards and everything works just fine. But I noticed this unusual bright lines on display that do not look like stuck water, but don't look like backlight bleed to me either. Look at the pics and tell me what do you think?

post-987157-0-63576100-1366570561_thumb.

post-987157-0-55207200-1366570575_thumb.

post-987157-0-58628200-1366570589_thumb.

Edited by optidragon

Guest sharkyo01

Seen that before in my missus old phone. I put it down to the fact she dropped it in the shower... Possibly a small amount of moisture got in. Only a guess though so dont shot me down!

Guest george109

Also, Turn off the phone, take everything out (battery, sim e.t.c) and then put it in the rice (again) for a week. This will make sure all of the water is removed.

Guest optidragon

Also, Turn off the phone, take everything out (battery, sim e.t.c) and then put it in the rice (again) for a week. This will make sure all of the water is removed.

Nothing changes with a firm press. I was also thinking about putting it in the rice again... but that was like month ago, wouldn't it be all dry by now? :D

Guest george109

It depends... Do you still have warranty?

If you do, take it to the shop and say

I had a bubble under the screen, and I tried to "push" it out, and it went away. I turned off the phone and the the morning after, I turned the phone on and I had this problem
as after a month the damage is probably set in. The bubble problem is a well known problem with some batches. as you can see here http://www.modaco.com/topic/353701-intermittent-blob-appearing-inside-the-screen/#entry1942347

Guest optidragon

I have the warranty but they'd probably blame me for trying to push it out, as I damaged it and not sending it to the shop in the first place. Although it seems like a great idea :D Secondly they'd probably not believe me as you can hardly see that under the daylight. But I'll consider it. So you think it is the water problem, not the backlight bleed?

Guest george109

Tell them then, that you saw the bubble, so I looked on the internet and found a forum, where they told me to turn off the phone, and it will disappear, and then you came down and you had this backlight problem. :P

Also, I think the backlight bleed was caused by the water.

Guest george109

Also, you could also try to botch an update with an update.app. Then return it and say that it will not turn on any more, after you did an update. - Of course, your phone will be partially bricked using that, and you will loose all your data.

You could make it even worse and take out the battery halfway through (on step 2/2), and say when you did the update, it just flicked off. and now this happens. WARNING!!!! THIS WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!!!

Edited by george109

Guest optidragon

I could just take it to service and tell them about that without the water story :D But I hope that the tape inside the phone didn't turn pink, that does when it gets in contact with water. Then they'll know :D

Guest george109
I could just take it to service and tell them about that without the water story :D But I hope that the tape inside the phone didn't turn pink, that does when it gets in contact with water. Then they'll know :D

Tell them you know nothing about any water. Say it was like that when you got it and also some water indicators are very sensitive. For example some go pink in a steamy bathroom.

Guest george109

Brick your phone be far easier because then there can't look at your screen... ;)

I don't take any responsibility for this AT ALL!, but here is how I would brick Follow this guide, and ignore your baseband, click the first link (My baseband version is 109808) Now, you need to follow the guide, but at step 17, when the screen shows step 2/2 pull the battery. This should brick, If not, try again...

Edited by george109

Guest sharkyo01

Neither do I but seems the logically route around the issue stop Vodafone picking up on the moisture damage. Which of course could of been done when there opened it!

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest george109

Never do I but seems the logically route around the issue stop Vodafone picking up on the moisture damage. Which of course could of been done when there opened it!

But it might be worth a try, if they say they will only send if off for repair, then you could keep it and a complete force update. Then it would reset the phone, and make it work again (hopefully!)

Edited by george109