DSP Manager

Guest J-a-y

Guest J-a-y

Is there a DSP manager that runs system wide just like the one in cm9. I didn't realise just how much I relied on that on my old phone. Preferably can it be installed by simple .apk install.

Guest J-a-y

Is there a DSP manager that runs system wide just like the one in cm9. I didn't realise just how much I relied on that on my old phone. Preferably can it be installed by simple .apk install.

This just gives me an option to select MusicFX, I can't change any settings, no equalizer appears. I am using the stock 4.2.2. I am not using google music player either. I use spotify and subsonic.

Guest The Soup Thief

Like I say, Modaco Cyanogenmod r12 has that equaliser, while the stock rom doesn't. You could either flash r12 or else there's a bunch of dsp apps with equalisers on Google Play

Guest J-a-y

For me the music effects options only appear if I have installed a second DSP manager. I can then switch between the two. But this only works for apps that support jelly beans equaliser. I can't seem to find any apps in the market place that override everything. Is there a way to take DSP manager from cm mod and put it into the stock ROM. I don't really want to use cyanagen as apart from DSP I am happy with stock.

Guest J-a-y

here is DSP manager, i ported it for use with AOKP

flash in recovery,

DSP-Manager-JB-4.2-only.zip

it will work on any 4.2 device including stock ROMs

Thanks.

Now being quite new to this how exactly do I install. I have unlocked the bootloader and have clockwork mod installed. Am i correct in thinking that I place the .zip that you have given me on the Nexus storage, then boot into clockworkmod and install from zip? Also how do I remove incase of any future updates and incompatabilities?

Guest The Soup Thief

Best do a full backup with clockworkmod beforehand, so you can revert to that if it goes belly up. Assuming it works fine but at a later date you want it gone without resetting to your current state, it will probably uninstall easily enough through Settings>apps or else with Titanium, ZD Box or the utility of your choosing

Guest J-a-y

Thanks soup thief. As I have put in another post, clockworkmod won't allow a backup. It says can't mount. Is this because I have turned on androids device encryption?

Guest tillaz

it works 100%, i made it for personal use on my nexus 4.

i would advise you get the Goo manager app from the market and install Team Win Recovery

this is much easier to navigate, and will probably fix your backup problem

also, take a look at the content of the zip, it requires more than just the apk to work, so uninstalling the apk alone wont fully remove it.

but to be honest i doubt you would want to remove it. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest J-a-y

Just got round to installing DSPManader. Works a treat. Just installed the zip from sd using clockwork, booted, android said it was updating, done. Thankyou very much. I listen to a lot of music, and it really was a pain sorting out levels for each app, and that's for the ones that even had an equalizer. I find the cm DSP much more high end.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sn0warmy
Please note that flashing this DSPManager may (and probably will) break hangouts video. If this happens, you can try this file (do the same but do not change the lib file that hangouts use): http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1773855&d=1362245021

I've tried installing the DSPManager you linked but it keeps force closing. It works fine right when I install it but after I reboot it crashes and refuses to open.

I've tried the install on a couple fresh installs of Jr11 and get the same problem every time. I've tried wiping caches and fixing permissions but nothing solves it. Any ideas?

Edited by Sn0warmy

I've tried installing the DSPManager you linked but it keeps force closing. It works fine right when I install it but after I reboot it crashes and refuses to open.

I've tried the install on a couple fresh installs of Jr11 and get the same problem every time. I've tried wiping caches and fixing permissions but nothing solves it. Any ideas?

Very strange as this is the file I have used.

I first installed Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2) (please note it is not CM based version of the ROM) and then installed this file (I re-uploaded it now from the phone - try to download it again): DSP_Manager1.zip

Here are the options I used for the ROM: Jr11 (JDQ39 _ 4.2.pdf.

Guest Sn0warmy

Thanks for the reply. I'll try the new file and see how it goes. I'm using the non-CM based ROM as well. If this doesn't work I'll try reinstalling the ROM with your exact settings.

I finally have what I consider to be the perfect ROM setup aside from DSPManager so I'm determined to get it working. :D

EDIT: So the new DSPManager you posted installed just fine and seems to work without issue. However, I'm not seeing the option under sound settings to change the Equalizer from Sound FX to DSPManager. I just can't catch a break with this damn thing.

Edited by Sn0warmy

Hi, I am glad it is working for you. Indeed, you will not find option you mentioned in this DSP manager flash - it seems to remove it. Sound FX was working only in play music I think.