[HOW TO] manually fixbrick with AIO Tool installed

Guest shootomanUK

Guest shootomanUK

OK

if your having trouble with your xolo/osd i.e stuck in bootloop e.t.c then try this:

(this is presuming you have ricky's aio tool intstalled)

Here's what to do:

1.open windows task manager by pressing ctrl-alt&del and click on the processes tab and end the ADB process.

2.now copy c:/sandiego/xolo/update.zip to c:/sandiego/tools

3.boot phone into fastboot and connect it to pc

4.go to c:/sandiego hold down shift and right mouse click on the tools folder and choose "open command windows here"

5.type: fastboot -i 0x8087 devices (to make sure the device is connected)

6.type: fastboot -i 0x8087 erase cache (wait till its finished)

7.type: fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip (now it will flash the update)

Guest BlueMoonRising

OK

if your having trouble with your xolo/osd i.e stuck in bootloop e.t.c then try this:

Here's what to do:

1.open windows task manager by pressing ctrl-alt&del and click on the processes tab and end the ADB process.

4.go to c:/sandiego hold down shift and right mouse click on the tools folder and choose "open command windows here"

7.type: fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip (now it will flash the update)

Step 4 should be C:\SanDiego\tools of course. There is a shortcut to the cmd prompt already in there.

If I remember rightly you may need to run step 5 a few times before the phone is recognised, just type it in the first time and if no success hit the up arrow and enter. Rinse and repeat until the device comes up.

Rather than copy update.zip (again) you can just change step 7 to fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update bricked\update.zip or xolo\update.zip. Don't try this with the Orange update.zip as you wont like the result.

Guest shootomanUK

No the steps are right, try it !

its just an alternative way of doing it, the way ive always opened up a cmd prompt. :)

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest shootomanUK

im going to create an ADB package with the the update.zip in it so you dont have to have ricky's tool.

just for those who are confused with the tool, and basically want to unbrick and flash xolo.

Guest BlueMoonRising

No the steps are right, try it !

its just an alternative way of doing it, the way ive always opened up a cmd prompt. :)

Sorry, you missed my point :P . Surely you should be in C:\SanDiego\tools rather than just C:\SanDiego ?

Guest shootomanUK

No read step 4. carefully :

go to C:/sandiego, hold down shift and right mouse click on the tools folder and choose "open command windows here"

you are right clicking on the tools folder with shift held down

and choosing the "open command windows here" option.

it opens up cmd prompt within the tools folder without you actually needing to go in it !

Guest shootomanUK

Darn, I was wrong. I hate being wrong, ok that's one up to you :)

lol dont worry about it, there's different ways of doing things thats all :D

Guest nraju17

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 erase cache

erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 2.070s]

finished. total time: 2.070s

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip

sending 'update' (306355 KB)... OKAY [ 21.830s]

writing 'update'... OKAY [ 21.440s]

finished. total time: 43.280s

Flashed the file, but still my phone is dead

Guest BlueMoonRising

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 erase cache

erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 2.070s]

finished. total time: 2.070s

C:\SanDiego\tools>fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip

sending 'update' (306355 KB)... OKAY [ 21.830s]

writing 'update'... OKAY [ 21.440s]

finished. total time: 43.280s

Flashed the file, but still my phone is dead

Dead as in won't even turn on or dead as in stuck on the bootloader logo? Give us more details...

Edit:- I see in one of the FOUR threads you posted in(a later one) you got as far as erasing the SD card which failed. Have you tried just moving on to whatever your next step is?

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest Rol78

I got the same here. I get a "bootloader logo" and then nothing.... My screen turn to green, red, black, purple....etc :angry:

Guest abellesle

me too,i got the same thing the boot loader appears and ahter that the screen turns into differnent colours.

Please Reply fast.....

Guest parthrox29

Same problem here also....did you people also installed the 12mb update and then flashed with update.zip?

Guys the phone is not dead...only we have somehow messed up with the display driver

see my post on this page -

I think we have the same problem....any way to patch the graphics driver?

Guest parthrox29

Solved the problem !

Things you need:-

1-Your phone whose display is flashing colors after flashing update.zip after 37mb or 12mb update

2-hdmi cable

3-a tv or display that supports hdmi

turn on your phone and connect it to the tv via hdmi cable....you will see the xolo logo on the phone and the remaining booting process will be visible on your tv!

Now the tricky part is that the touch on your phone is working but not in the right orientation ie when you see landscape on your tv, hold the phone in portrait and vice verse. you have to use your imagination and touch the screen according to what you see on the tv

Go to settings->about->advanced settings->check show pointer location...this will help you see where you are touching and adjust your gestures.

Now the final step...turn on your wifi or packet data and go to settings->about->system updates->update via ota and download the 37 mb update and install it !

Reboot and Volla!! your display is back!

Edited by parthrox29

Guest BlueMoonRising

Solved the problem !

Things you need:-

1-Your phone whose display is flashing colors after flashing update.zip after 37mb or 12mb update

2-hdmi cable

3-a tv or display that supports hdmi

turn on your phone and connect it to the tv via hdmi cable....you will see the xolo logo on the phone and the remaining booting process will be visible on your tv!

Now the tricky part is that the touch on your phone is working but not in the right orientation ie when you see landscape on your tv, hold the phone in portrait and vice verse. you have to use your imagination and touch the screen according to what you see on the tv

Go to settings->about->advanced settings->check show pointer location...this will help you see where you are touching and adjust your gestures.

Now the final step...turn on your wifi or packet data and go to settings->about->system updates->update via ota and download the 37 mb update and install it !

Reboot and Volla!! your display is back!

Well done, inventive using the hdmi output.

Guest pique242

OK

Here's what to do:

Did exactly told. No hickups in the process. All the commands got executed perfectly. But in recovery mode on the phone it displayed,

"E: Verification failed

Installation aborted."

Looks like a problem with update.zip, no?

How I ended up here?

My Xolo X900 was not rooted. On stock rom 4.0.4. Suddenly my wifi refused to turn on, so I factory reset the phone. Since then it gets stuck in boot loop. Shows different colors on every automatic re-boot(Red, green etc.)

I have read all the topics on fixing this brick but none has worked. Please help me in troubleshooting the problem.

Guest z720

It doesnt work.

I might think to try the other way round which I think might work as below. But need to get the 2nd phone to prepare, scare permanent brick. :wacko:

1st - restore with xolo update.zip (where you get the colourful screen, where need HDMI TV to continue below step) ^_^

2nd - then root it

3rd - after rooted, follow the step revert to orange GB and continue update with orange ICS update.zip.

Just query whether can get back normal screen after that.. :rolleyes: