FitBit user? DriveBit eases the process of logging your driving

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

If you're a FitBit user you'll know that logging when you're driving (to prevent erroneous data) can be a bit of a pain. Enter DriveBit - designed to make your life easier.

DriveBit is a nice simple application (aren't they always the best?)... install the app, run the app when you start your drive, hit the big button and hit it again when you stop. A new activity will automatically be uploaded to your FitBit account. No messing around with pressing the button on your FitBit or manually logging it later!

Settings allow you to fine tune your mode of transportation or even use the app to track a different activity of your own.

Where it gets really clever for me is when you use the included Tasker plugin. I personally have Bluetooth in my car, so I've set the app to start logging when the car Bluetooth connects and stop logging when it disconnects. Complete automation = heaven! :)

Head on over to the Play Store to download.

drivebitbig.png

Click here to view the item

Guest tdroza

Just wanted to add: I don't use Tasker, but the Tasker plugin also works with Llama (similar to Tasker, but not quite as complicated/full featured, and free). I just set up DriveBit with Llama to do the same bluetooth triggering that Paul describes in his article.

• 11 months later...
Guest Paulo Nobrega

Just wanted to add: I don't use Tasker, but the Tasker plugin also works with Llama (similar to Tasker, but not quite as complicated/full featured, and free). I just set up DriveBit with Llama to do the same bluetooth triggering that Paul describes in his article.

hey.. do u get llama to just run the app ou start it automatically_

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.