Alcatel OT Idol 6030X, does anyone know how to root? :)

Guest Pyntux

Guest Lexiecbu

I got OTA update from Alcatel for 6030X (which is update.zip) and friend modified that update.zip to use to root phone... I'm not sure does that works, or does works on 6030A, but i think worst which can be is that recovery says to you "file is wrong" or something... So you can try to install zip below with stock recovery:

http://www.4shared.c...oot-update.html

> what do i do with this update, don't know how to apply this. Thanks for the help.

Guest Pyntux

I'm not sure if that works on 6030A, and that's not update, just modified "update.zip" to use for root... Just reboot in to stcok recovery with button combo:

power & volume +

, than choose "apply update from sd card" and choose that zip...

Guest Lexiecbu

I believe, I'm all set! I needed to download the MediaTek USB VCOM drivers and after that tried to follow the steps provided by Pyntux without upgrading to 2.8.0. Open Titinum backup and root access is already enabled! Not sure if I still need to apply the update.zip.

Guest Lexiecbu

I spoke too soon. I can't connect to Facebook and google play using wifi. But it's shows that I'm connected and I can browse in Aptoid as well as download apps in aptoid. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Guest Lexiecbu

I followed the Serbian Link you provided, but I skipped the Alcatel One touch upgrade 2.8.0. Installed the MediaTek USB VCom drivers to my laptop (SP Flash was able to detect my phone this time). Continued to follow the steps (Serbian Steps) and was able to root the phone after that. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pyntux

For now we can not, because any OTA update from Alcatel is just update of 4.1.1, not a upgrade...and there's no custom roms for now, so you can only use stock rom (4.1.1) or make your own custom rom... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pyntux

Why you need that? And what you gonna do with stock rom? If your rom have some bug or you did something, just install Alcatel Upgrade Tool and folow instructions and you will after that have factory settings on your phone...

Guest svetec

Hi, I want to ask you about compass on yours phone, when I open google maps or other compass app my compass is crazy and I shoud calibrate it and it is working perfect. When i close app and launch it again I need to calibrate compass again. Is my phone fault or is same on all Alcatel Idols??? .

Guest svetec

Yes it has build compass sensor, it works on google maps when press locate button two times or you can download compass app from store.

Guest cristi12

The past week i've been experiencing lotd of battery drain, like 8% per hour in standby. I had a lot of stuff installed so i did a factory reset and started over with just a few apps. Everything was fine battery drain about 1-2% per hour... untill this morning when added some music to the sd and since then ive lost about 40% in 3 hours. I installed Better battery stats and it shows media storage as second highest battery drainer. Anybody know what's happening?