[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest alearbo

Telonius,

many many thanks for the great work you've been doing over last months on Slim Bean. It is by far the best ROM I've tried. Good luck with your new phone :)

Guest Dovahpig
Im willing to try this new ROM, i have baseband 2030 with ics is it compatible?

Yes, just do the full wipe as stated before flashing.

Guest kyan31

I'm gonna give this ROM a go, thanks for the work Telonius :)

Has anyone got a working GAPPS link? It seems the GAPPS website posted on the opening post is down.

Guest kyan31
Have anyone tried this rom and cyanogenmod 10.1? What you can say about the battery differences?

Battery is great, its definitely good enough for a full days use. I'll do some proper battery stats tomorrow once the ROM has settled in.

Guest Symao96

have you tried some nightly cyanogenmod 10.1 build? I want to know if the battery in this rom is better than in Cyanogenmod, The only problem in all JB roms i tried is the battery..

Guest kyan31

Overall this ROM is great, great performance, great battery life, great features and its so light! This is definitely a keeper.

If I get my PC anytime soon, I'm happy to continue updating SlimROM as this is the first JB ROM that actually offers everything I would want and nothing more.

Great work SlimTeam, and thanks a lot Telonius and Dazzozo for all the hard work.

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31
This rom was some feature like the "theme" feature in cyanogenmod? i've tried it but i can't remember, i think i'll give a try.

Yes it has the CM theme manager.

Guest kyan31
Is there anyway to have "stock launcher" instead of nova launcher?

Cheers!

Grab Trebuchet from CM10.1 and add it to /system/app. Once you have confirmed it works, delete Nova launcher from /system/app.

Guest OmnioPT

Grab Trebuchet from CM10.1 and add it to /system/app. Once you have confirmed it works, delete Nova launcher from /system/app.

Thanks pal!!!

Guest Geoff2

I'm currently on Slim Rom, which is fine although games run slightly slower than they can do (e.g. on Kyan's Lightning ROM) and caller ID can take a little while to display. If any of you have used both Slim ROM and SlimBean ROM, would you recommend I change? (My priorities with a ROM are that it's stable, fast and has good battery life - I don't really need many fancy features.)

Guest kyan31
I'm currently on Slim Rom, which is fine although games run slightly slower than they can do (e.g. on Kyan's Lightning ROM) and caller ID can take a little while to display. If any of you have used both Slim ROM and SlimBean ROM, would you recommend I change? (My priorities with a ROM are that it's stable, fast and has good battery life - I don't really need many fancy features.)

SlimBean and SlimROM are two completely different things (just in case you weren't aware).

If you were originally on Lightning, and you don't care for JB nor special features, Lightning is completely fine to keep on using. You could always try Tesla too as its just like Lightning ROM, but completely rebuilt with lots of new features and a much cleaner look.

If you do care for JB and features, SlimBean is definitely the way to go. Its faster than stock CM10.1, a lot more stable as the ram usage is better, it has tons more features, and its light.

As I care for features and JB, I'll be sticking to SlimBean as its great. If you need the fastest out of your phone, Lightning should be fine.

Edited by kyan31

Guest Geoff2

Thanks Kyan. Lightning ROM was excellent, but I think I had a bad install as a lot of the apps would force close if I didn't fix permissions in CWM before I booted it up. So I'm now on Slim ROM, which is excellent, although slightly laggy. I think I'll give SlimBean a go when I have the time to mess around with the phone. (It's not so easy for me to swap between ROMS as I'm using Link2Int, which means you can't just restore a backup of an old ROM using CWM.)