[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

Guest hippy dave

If you're wanting to stick on gingerbread (2.3.6), you don't even need to unlock the bootloader, as the gb bootloader isn't locked. Keep the code safe for if you ever decide to try ICS/JB tho.

To keep your stock rom and remove some of the apps, you just need to root it (plenty of guides on the forum, make sure you follow the instructions for gingerbread) and then use something like titanium backup to uninstall or freeze the apps you don't want.

Guest george109

Hi, sorry if these questions have already been asked but I am new to this, I have managed to get my 16bit bootloader unlock code from Huawei using the email method(due to not being able to get the product id)

I am still using the stock rom but would like to remove some of the apps that come with the phone, also its unlocked and on O2

Android version 2.3.6

Baseband version 109808

Build number U8815V100R001C02B895

You can remove the apps by rooting the phone with this guide, and then install an app called root uninstaller. Please only remove the demo games and the vodafone apps, as some are very important for the phone to work! I would backup the phone first, if you have a custom recovery. If you don't you could also backup with the GoBackup tool.

I have read that the phone will be wiped after the bootloader is unlocked, could someone tell me what is lost, is its just

the settings and not the address book? Can you backup what is lost and restore?

The whole of /data is wiped, so all of your contacts, application data (ie Game saves) and address book. You will not lose your contacts if you sync them with Google. A good app to backup things is a tool called GOBackup, if you backup everything, except Wi-Fi access points, as this breaks the Wi-Fi when you restore!

Guest Garnt

hey guys i sent e-mail 3 days ago and they just answered but their answer is this http://www.huaweidev...d=toApplyUnlock

the website to unlock with produck id , whitch i cant gain . What to do i sent 3 e-mails they responded in 3 days.

I had the same response from them, but I emailed them back saying that I had used that web site twice and still not received the code.

They then emailed me the code within 24 hours. :)

Guest dalyer

I tried several times to get the unlock code via the web form and also by email. In the end this worked:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362724-official-code-request-to-unlock-the-bootloader-final-post/page__st__40#entry2137982

Somebody else mentioned that putting "Urgent" in the email and maybe also making it high priority was more likely to elicit a response.

I just put in the "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE" bit myself. :D

Guest george109

I tried several times to get the unlock code via the web form and also by email. In the end this worked:

http://www.modaco.co...40#entry2137982

Somebody else mentioned that putting "Urgent" in the email and maybe also making it high priority was more likely to elicit a response.

I just put in the "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE" bit myself. :D

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!" :D

Ill add that to the post...

Guest tasacar

hey i downlaoded 1 file dload , and 1 rar file and 1 txt idk how to do that . i dont understand( this for hacked bootloader) and when i try to install i got only rose load not unpacking and those.

Guest george109

hey i downlaoded 1 file dload , and 1 rar file and 1 txt idk how to do that . i dont understand

Can you be more clear, as I don't understand what you mean,

If English is not your first language, you could always use https://translate.google.com to explain your point more. You could always post in your first language if you cant use Translate, and I will translate it for you :)

Guest george109

hey i downlaoded 1 file dload , and 1 rar file and 1 txt idk how to do that . i dont understand( this for hacked bootloader) and when i try to install i got only rose load not unpacking and those.

Oh, Do you mean that when you do the force update, you get a pink screen?

You will need to download WinRar, then both force update files, then extract the dload folder in the archives as you have opened them with WINRar. Then copy them to the external SD card, turn off the phone and hold both volume buttons at the same time.

Guest oisin1001

Great guide! I had an issue where the password wouldn't work, but it turns out that Huawei emailed me the wrong password. I had to send them a picture of the sticker behind my battery for them to send me the correct one.

Guest silverwolf6625

For some reason when i copy over the dload folder and hold down up and down vol key and hold power it loads up pink screen iv tried formatting my sd card.

Guest george109

For some reason when i copy over the dload folder and hold down up and down vol key and hold power it loads up pink screen iv tried formatting my sd card.

|Have you copied the dload folder to the external SD Card? It has to be the external one and not the internal one!

Guest george109

Great guide! I had an issue where the password wouldn't work, but it turns out that Huawei emailed me the wrong password. I had to send them a picture of the sticker behind my battery for them to send me the correct one.

They are quite bad about sending out the correct codes, you do often have to nag them

Guest silverwolf6625

|Have you copied the dload folder to the external SD Card? It has to be the external one and not the internal one!

yer man i think iv rerooted my phone anyways yep iv rerooted seems fine could i just ask how would i go about updateing cwm recovery iv got 4.0.1.5 think i need to upgrade lol not to sure how so very new to all this

Guest george109

yer man i think iv rerooted my phone anyways yep iv rerooted seems fine could i just ask how would i go about updateing cwm recovery iv got 4.0.1.5 think i need to upgrade lol not to sure how so very new to all this

It is better to have the latest version of CWM as lots of bugs (problems) are fixed in the latest release. You can simply go to the pinned CWM thread and then download the zip and flash it like a normal ROM. Then go advanced > reboot recovery.

Guest silverwolf6625

It is better to have the latest version of CWM as lots of bugs (problems) are fixed in the latest release. You can simply go to the pinned CWM thread and then download the zip and flash it like a normal ROM. Then go advanced > reboot recovery.

ok cool dude can i get latest version of cwm on here or btw not sure which one it is wait nvm found it lol yer just flashed it like a normal rom i just delete my old thank you very much for helping me. Edited by silverwolf6625

Guest aztekman

After i do the Unlocking The Bootloader,what do i need to do next to install a custom rom? Do I have to follow this step Installing The Custom Recovery ?

When I download dload.zip and dload.z01 do I have to use winrar (or 7zip) to extract them into dload folder or do I just put those two files into the dload folder and then just copy that folder with those 2 files in it onto the sd card?

Guest OmnioPT

When I download dload.zip and dload.z01 do I have to use winrar (or 7zip) to extract them into dload folder or do I just put those two files into the dload folder and then just copy that folder with those 2 files in it onto the sd card?

Unrar the 2 files!

Unrar the 2 files!

Thanks I did that, now it's stuck forever on the pink progress bar installing screen, it's a quarter through and just sitting there

Guest george109

Thanks I did that, now it's stuck forever on the pink progress bar installing screen, it's a quarter through and just sitting there

Can you try a middle package? This will hopefully fix the update for you, you can download it here. Replace the update.app in the dload folder, and then replace it with this one.

Guest george109

After i do the Unlocking The Bootloader,what do i need to do next to install a custom rom? Do I have to follow this step Installing The Custom Recovery ?

Yes, you will have to install a custom recovery, as the Stock (Original) recovery will not let you install custom ZIPs. I would recommend installing CWM Recovery, and then installing TWRP after in the last post, as it is a lot more user friendly.