[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

Guest george109

Yeah, that's what was happening. Deleted the folder earlier and that was it sorted. Cheers. The 3g still knocks out the WiFi unless I turn off the 3g. Annoying

If you go home > settings > wifi > options button > advanced, then is avoid poor connections disabled? Also, is keep /disable wifi on sleep set to off?

Guest ptoner

Did not have the option to avoid poor connections. Just notify me of open networks. Turned the WiFi to always on. Will turn on 3g again and monitor. Thanks again George.

Guest george109

Did not have the option to avoid poor connections. Just notify me of open networks. Turned the WiFi to always on. Will turn on 3g again and monitor. Thanks again George.

Ok :) happy to help you.

Guest VoltresS

Hi there,

So I have been trying all morning to download the Force update but no luck at all. Can somebody re up the thing or upload it in some other provider like mega or so?

Greetings and thank you all in advance :P .

Guest dalyer

I thought you could but haven't tackled this (reverting to stock update.app in order to unlock the bootloader with the official unlock code) yet myself... :o

Guest VoltresS

I thought you could but haven't tackled this (reverting to stock update.app in order to unlock the bootloader with the official unlock code) yet myself... :o

Ok, so let's see what the author of the tutorial say, I really don't want to take changes :D

Guest dalyer

Actually - either will do. I downloaded the split zip in the original post and extracted the contents. The dload/update.app file that it contains has the MD5 checksum mentioned in the original post.

I then downloaded the Huawei B952, extracted it and checked the MD5 checksum of the dload/update.app and it is identical. This means that the files are identical so you can use either.

E.g. if you have trouble downloading the split zip from the original post or reassembling it (I couldn't do this with 7Zip and had to use WinRAR) then you can download from Huawei instead. It is a good idea to double check the MD5 checksum to ensure that the dload/update.app file is intact before attempting to do the forced update.

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Guest george109

Actually - either will do. I downloaded the split zip in the original post and extracted the contents. The dload/update.app file that it contains has the MD5 checksum mentioned in the original post.

I then downloaded the Huawei B952, extracted it and checked the MD5 checksum of the dload/update.app and it is identical. This means that the files are identical so you can use either.

E.g. if you have trouble downloading the split zip from the original post or reassembling it (I couldn't do this with 7Zip and had to use WinRAR) then you can download from Huawei instead. It is a good idea to double check the MD5 checksum to ensure that the dload/update.app file is intact before attempting to do the forced update.

Hope this helps.

Yes, you have to use winrar, I will add that to the post :) Thanks.

Guest dalyer

No idea why 7Zip won't work. It should as far as I know. I have the latest version.

WinRAR worked but I also noticed that Windows Explorer also works if I choose the dload.zip (not dload.z01) file, right click and choose open with Explorer.

Anyway - I just wanted to check/confirm if the update.app in the original post was the same as the original Huawei B952 general update and it is. :)

I want to do the official bootloader unlock as soon as I get a chance and your tutorial is VERY helpful - thanks a lot. Hopefully I can make a small donation soon too...

Edited by dalyer

Guest george109

No idea why 7Zip won't work. It should as far as I know. I have the latest version.

WinRAR worked but I also noticed that Windows Explorer also works if I choose the dload.zip (not dload.z01) file, right click and choose open with Explorer.

Anyway - I just wanted to check/confirm if the update.app in the original post was the same as the original Huawei B952 general update and it is. :)

I want to do the official bootloader unlock as soon as I get a chance and your tutorial is VERY helpful - thanks a lot. Hopefully I can make a small donation soon too...

7ZIP can sometimes act strangely, thats why I prefer WinRAR.

Also, If the hashes of the files are the same, they are exactly the same. I hope your unlock goes well, and any donation would be really appreciated. Thanks :)

Edited by george109

Guest petebetros

Great guide thanks, I have followed this and unlocked bootloader but I have a question - if I flash a new ROM will this then flash a hacked bootloader or am I able to unlock like this then continue flashing custom ROMs?

Guest george109

Great guide thanks, I have followed this and unlocked bootloader but I have a question - if I flash a new ROM will this then flash a hacked bootloader or am I able to unlock like this then continue flashing custom ROMs?

You're Welcome :)

And no, Flashing custom ROMs will not replace the bootloader at all. Once you have unlocked, you can always check the bootloader by following ONLY this post: http://www.modaco.co...d/#entry2128103

Edited by george109

Guest lexroad

Hey guys, I was running cm 10.1 before I unlocked the bootloader, followed everything and managed to do it but, after I restored my cm 10.1 installation the phone won't get passed the boot logo (Huawei Ascend) and no I did not restore the boot partition. What did I do wrong?

Guest george109

Hey guys, I was running cm 10.1 before I unlocked the bootloader, followed everything and managed to do it but, after I restored my cm 10.1 installation the phone won't get passed the boot logo (Huawei Ascend) and no I did not restore the boot partition. What did I do wrong?

If you cannot boot, you could try going into CWM > mounts and storage > Format System > Yes, then mount USB storage, and then download CM10.1 again and then flash it like a normal zip, as it sounds like your /system partition did not restore properly. Hope this fixes your problem :)

Guest lexroad

Yeah, I did something similar, installed cm10.1 again and after that restored my backups (w/o boot). It worked fine and the bootloader is still unlocked. Thx for the help!

Guest george109

came back here to say thanks. :D

Yeah, I did something similar, installed cm10.1 again and after that restored my backups (w/o boot). It worked fine and the bootloader is still unlocked. Thx for the help!

You're Welcome :)

Guest george109

hey i got problem with getting product id i cant get it cuz when i write number it delete it self what should i do ?

If the prouduct ID does not work, then you could huawei an email instead with your other details using the example message :)

Guest TC0001

Hi, sorry if these questions have already been asked but I am new to this, I have managed to get my 16bit bootloader unlock code from Huawei using the email method(due to not being able to get the product id)

I am still using the stock rom but would like to remove some of the apps that come with the phone, also its unlocked and on O2

Android version 2.3.6

Baseband version 109808

Build number U8815V100R001C02B895

I have read that the phone will be wiped after the bootloader is unlocked, could someone tell me what is lost, is its just

the settings and not the address book? Can you backup what is lost and restore?