[ICS][B960] ϟTesla ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300ϟ ✰31/05/2013✰

Guest kyan31

Guest DJPRMF

Great Work!

Well, i will give a shot at this ROM.

kyan31, what ROM do you recomend (and/or you use in your G300 as daily): Tesla or the Electra?

I was in Electra, but i notice some problems and "random" reboots sometimes.

Also, what is the max overclock? I cant get more that 1113 MHz (1156MHz works sometimes, but is instable).

Thanks

Guest george109

Great Work!

Well, i will give a shot at this ROM.

kyan31, what ROM do you recomend (and/or you use in your G300 as daily): Tesla or the Electra?

I was in Electra, but i notice some problems and "random" reboots sometimes.

Also, what is the max overclock? I cant get more that 1113 MHz (1156MHz works sometimes, but is instable).

Thanks

G300 overclocking settings vary, as I have the same situation as you, as I can only get 1113, and 1156 is very unstable, but others can get 1267 out of it!

Guest DJPRMF

BTW, the bootloader unlocked officialy can't give some "increase" in the overclock too? :)

I think the main point is the kernel, but i don't know about the bootloader. :P

Guest Moe29

Is it just me, or the speaker sound in this rom sounds distorted ( as if it too loud / bass is too high for the speaker's capabilities )

Guest kyan31
Is it just me, or the speaker sound in this rom sounds distorted ( as if it too loud / bass is too high for the speaker's capabilities )

As DJPRMF said, check the Equalizer within the Tesla settings. Make sure bass boost is at medium or low.

Guest Moe29

As DJPRMF said, check the Equalizer within the Tesla settings. Make sure bass boost is at medium or low.

Actually I have both BEATS boost and BEATS Equalizer disabled

Could this to be causing the effect ?

I've set it to Bass reducer , it sounds better, but still not as normal as lightning ROM was ( if I remember correctly )

Guest george109

Actually I have both BEATS boost and BEATS Equalizer disabled

Could this to be causing the effect ?

I've set it to Bass reducer , it sounds better, but still not as normal as lightning ROM was ( if I remember correctly )

If you go into Beats and set the equalizer to custom you can reduce bass even more by tapping the graph and then lowering the two left hand bars. Edited by george109

• 2 weeks later...
Guest george109

@Kyan, How do you hide and show apps in the app drawer? I have searched the internet and I can't find anything, as I would like to put the CM file manager back in the app drawer. Thanks for this, its a great ROM :)

Another thing, For some reason, I can't overclock at all, whenever I overclock past 1008 mhz the phone simply freezes.

Guest saurabhkolhekar

When I try to delete 'loopy smoothness' using ES Explorer I get a message can not delete the file. Please advise. I used ES Explorer, I dont have root access but I have unlocked bootloader.

Guest kyan31
When I try to delete 'loopy smoothness' using ES Explorer I get a message can not delete the file. Please advise. I used ES Explorer, I dont have root access but I have unlocked bootloader.

You NEED root access to modify system files.

Guest kyan31
@Kyan, How do you hide and show apps in the app drawer? I have searched the internet and I can't find anything, as I would like to put the CM file manager back in the app drawer. Thanks for this, its a great ROM :)

Another thing, For some reason, I can't overclock at all, whenever I overclock past 1008 mhz the phone simply freezes.

Well unfortunately I cant help you with the file manager thing, however the OC problem is either a kernel issue or a phone issue itself. Maybe your CPU just isn't strong enough to overclock :(

You could always try another kernel e.g PaulMillBank's #19th kernel.

Guest george109

Well unfortunately I cant help you with the file manager thing, however the OC problem is either a kernel issue or a phone issue itself. Maybe your CPU just isn't strong enough to overclock :(

You could always try another kernel e.g PaulMillBank's #19th kernel.

OK, Thanks. I'll try another kernel as I can overclock in other ROMs. Also do you know how to get rid of the IP call button in the dialer? Loving this ROM by the way, its really fast! :D

Guest kyan31
OK, Thanks. I'll try another kernel as I can overclock in other ROMs. Also do you know how to get rid of the IP call button in the dialer? Loving this ROM by the way, its really fast! :D

You can remove IP call by changing the 'ipcall' build.prop line. You'll have to search for it within the build.prop manually.

Guest saurabhkolhekar

You NEED root access to modify system files.

Thanks Kyan, with root access I deleted ' 'loopy smoothness' file . I am facing issue with Dialer , dialer(call button) or contacts take between 3-6 seconds to load. Any trick to fix this ?

Guest derei

... I am facing issue with Dialer , dialer(call button) or contacts take between 3-6 seconds to load. Any trick to fix this ?

Similar is happening to me too, despite the fact I'm using a different ROM at this time... may be the DB too fragmented? Can it be optimized somehow? Or the issue is other?

Guest kyan31

Similar is happening to me too, despite the fact I'm using a different ROM at this time... may be the DB too fragmented? Can it be optimized somehow? Or the issue is other?

If its happening on other ROMs, there's probably not much I can do about it.

Guest saurabhkolhekar

If its happening on other ROMs, there's probably not much I can do about it.

Yes even I have tried different ROMs but facing the same issues :( So no problem with your ROM Kyan. But I have seen its a common problem with all Android devices they go slow over the time even if u keep cache and all clear nothing helps :( Edited by saurabhkolhekar

Guest saurabhkolhekar

Yes what you said make sense as even I have tried different ROMs but problem is same, But Android uses flash memory, and flash memory does not benefit from defragmentation because fragmentation does not slow it down in the first place. In fact just the opposite - defragmentation only makes things worse by decreasing flash memory's lifetime.

So wondering what would be the solution for this lag with dialer ???

flash memory does not benefit from defragmentation

Here is not about defragmenting files as alocated, like in a hard-disk, but rather defragmenting the database (compacting it, removing empty records and so on). Defragmenting a database means optimizing it and therefore it will be read much faster.

And yes, I've noticed that my android device becomes slower over time...and I cannot explain why. It doesn't matter what ROM I have, all become slower the longer I use them... this is why I was thinking it may be a db-fragmenting problem.

Guest saurabhkolhekar

Here is not about defragmenting files as alocated, like in a hard-disk, but rather defragmenting the database (compacting it, removing empty records and so on). Defragmenting a database means optimizing it and therefore it will be read much faster.

And yes, I've noticed that my android device becomes slower over time...and I cannot explain why. It doesn't matter what ROM I have, all become slower the longer I use them... this is why I was thinking it may be a db-fragmenting problem.

Are there any apps available or commands to update DB for better indexing of files may be ? Edited by saurabhkolhekar

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone tried Instagram lately, no matter what rom I have it hangs in processing after editing the photo.

(I'm posting here because Tesla is my current Rom)

Do a log and post it here, maybe I can fix or at least see what the problem is.

Thanks for your job kyan31. I used your lightning rom (with slim rom ics) found it very fast and smooth but minor bugs (ringtones settings lost when usb connected,..). So i decided to test tesla rom (found JB rom too slow). In comparison whith lightning and slim, i found tesla slow, am i the only one ? Are there maybe some tweaks to speed up this rom ? Thanks a lot