[ROM] Vowney v5 Custom ROM - updated 04/07/2013

Guest tillaz

Guest wadge

First of all, nice ROM and great guides Tillaz.

Anybody else having to battery pull to get into CWM? If I pull the battery then try vol+ and power I can get into CWM but if I do it without pulling the battery it boots as normal.

I've just tried flashing R2 but even though it flashes as normal sys info says it's R1. Will try again and report back.

Guest bryfly

First of all, nice ROM and great guides Tillaz.

Anybody else having to battery pull to get into CWM? If I pull the battery then try vol+ and power I can get into CWM but if I do it without pulling the battery it boots as normal.

I've just tried flashing R2 but even though it flashes as normal sys info says it's R1. Will try again and report back.

It might be because quick boot is enabled, to check go to.... settings / accessibility / scroll down and un-tick quickboot

Guest barthoum

I don't think you actually have CWM installed as its not on the play store,

CWM is a custom recovery image which needs to be built for the device then flashed,

The error you are getting is what the stock recovery would give.

Take a look at my guide and flash CWM with flash tool.

http://www.modaco.co...5/#entry2132444

i found clockworkmon on play store under the name of rom manager but it could be an error... I uninstall it and i use your method for the same result

Edited by barthoum

Guest shuete

who ever has the vowney mod rom, can please share if the same error occurs...

there's an update available but everytime i choose download i get 2 options, wipe cache and wipe data i then choose install,

then a message saying that installing the file will reboot into recovery to flash the zip file, and after the installation the system will reboot automatically, i choose install -

goes into recovery, then i have the option - install untrusted zip, if i press yes

installation aborted -

E: failed to open/sdcard/OTA-Updater/download/vowneymod_2.zip

(no such file or directory)

E:signature verification failed

E:can't open/sdcard/OTA-Updater/download/vowneymod_2.zip

i dunno why is this happening i thought i already had the updated version of vowneymod

Guest laek.17

Hi, I wanted to ask if you know this ROM. According indicate is official android 4.2.2 "VOWNEY V5", I checked the "build.prop" and puts it's 4.2.2, besides this "ro.build.display.id = ydss-Maomi-V5".

scoure: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=476408

download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40390432/verne_v5/verne_v5_4.2.2.zip

THANKS

Guest tillaz

i found clockworkmon on play store under the name of rom manager but it could be an error... I uninstall it and i use your method for the same result

rom manager is an app made by the creator of clockworkmod, its not CWM its self but can be used to download and flash the recovery image for supported devices,

and i highly doubt the vowney v5 would be supported, flashing a recovery image that was not made for your device can brick it as the partition layout on other devices

is normally different, this is why it needs built specifically for each device.

so, did you actually flash a recovery image with rom manager ?

also, how are you booting into CWM?

Guest tillaz

who ever has the vowney mod rom, can please share if the same error occurs...

there's an update available but everytime i choose download i get 2 options, wipe cache and wipe data i then choose install,

then a message saying that installing the file will reboot into recovery to flash the zip file, and after the installation the system will reboot automatically, i choose install -

goes into recovery, then i have the option - install untrusted zip, if i press yes

installation aborted -

E: failed to open/sdcard/OTA-Updater/download/vowneymod_2.zip

E:signature verification failed

E:can't open/sdcard/OTA-Updater/download/vowneymod_2.zip

i dunno why is this happening i thought i already had the updated version of vowneymod

ignore that its a small error in the build.prop, i will releases a patch soon to correct the date and stop it thinking there is an update

Edit:

Patch OTA-Fix.zip Flash in recovery, No Wipe

Guest tillaz

Hi, I wanted to ask if you know this ROM. According indicate is official android 4.2.2 "VOWNEY V5", I checked the "build.prop" and puts it's 4.2.2, besides this "ro.build.display.id = ydss-Maomi-V5".

scoure: http://4pda.ru/forum...howtopic=476408

download link: https://dl.dropboxus...ne_v5_4.2.2.zip

THANKS

i'm a bit sceptical of this as its not on the official site, will download and take a look

Edit:

i can confirm this is fake, its actually the "11th May" release which is an older version with the build.prop edited,

not to mention official stock roms do not come in flashable.zip format.

all official updates will be on the official vowney site.

Edit2:

confused.... :blink: :huh: :mellow:

after looking further into this, thought i would take a look at the AndroidMnifest.xml of some of the core android apps

as i expected they would show 4.2.1 further showing its fake...

to my surprise they all show >>

android:versionName="4.2.3-eng.root.1366978805"

so this is ether some really sad person that has spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to fool people,

or its infact android 4.2.3 which does not exist as its actually >> 4.3 which is still not officially released by Google (but been leaked for S4 GE)

Guest kieranswhite

i'm a bit sceptical of this as its not on the official site, will download and take a look

Edit:

i can confirm this is fake, its actually the "11th May" release which is an older version with the build.prop edited,

not to mention official stock roms do not come in flashable.zip format.

all official updates will be on the official vowney site.

Edit2:

confused.... :blink: :huh: :mellow:

after looking further into this, thought i would take a look at the AndroidMnifest.xml of some of the core android apps

as i expected they would show 4.2.1 further showing its fake...

to my surprise they all show >>

android:versionName="4.2.3-eng.root.1366978805"

so this is ether some really sad person that has spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to fool people,

or its infarct android 4.2.3 which does not exist as its actually >> 4.3 which is still not officially released by Google (but been leaked for S4 GE)

Tillaz should your TWRP guide work? also has anyone else tried it becuase i might have a go tomorrow?

Guest tillaz

Tillaz should your TWRP guide work? also has anyone else tried it becuase i might have a go tomorrow?

yes, if flashed properly (increasing the partition) just try the guide as normal first.

but if it fails to flash, you might need to actually add the whole stock rom and use the firmware upgrade button,

(minus the scatter file and recoivery.img)

Guest e45cream

Tillaz, the rom is working perfectly. Cheers.

Any chance you could add an option to assign the long press for recent apps to the home button instead of the menu button?

Guest Dan Mullen

Thanks Tillaz for all your hard work! Any chance you could do a release that's basically as close to stock as possible? None of the extra stuff, just rooted, Chinese apps removed and Play store installed?

Guest aliaird

I installed R2 and the patch as per the first post on this thread, last night, but when I try to access System-Settings under Quick Links, I get a 'Sorry, Unfortunately Settings has stopped' message.

Should I just try again? I did the two spots before installing?

Guest tillaz

I installed R2 and the patch as per the first post on this thread, last night, but when I try to access System-Settings under Quick Links, I get a 'Sorry, Unfortunately Settings has stopped' message.

Should I just try again? I did the two spots before installing?

could you post a logcat?

Guest romasis

Hey,

I have vowney v5 pro from fastcardtech. It received rooted, CWM is in Chines language(Verne_V5 CWM-Recovery V6.0.3.1). Is it possible to change it in English, or I should install your recovery as described in first post guide

Edited by romasis

Guest kieranswhite

Is anyone else having earphone problems ?? I can't seem to hear all the lyrics in songs and they are much quieter than normal??

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest Carline

Is anyone else having earphone problems ?? I can't seem to hear all the lyrics in songs and they are much quieter than normal??

Try another earphone.

My Samsung earphone is very sit, ZTE one's is sit, the Sony's is very good in Vowney V5.

Guest aliaird

Hey,

I have vowney v5 pro from fastcardtech. It received rooted, CWM is in Chines language(Verne_V5 CWM-Recovery V6.0.3.1). Is it possible to change it in English, or I should install your recovery as described in first post guide

You SHOULD (ie I take no responsibility!!) be able to copy this file into your SD card root directory; https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8463704/recovery.img

and then use MobileUncle from Google Play, then using the Recovery Update function, select it from the Recovery file in SD Card section, then flash it,

Guest kieranswhite

Try another earphone.

My Samsung earphone is very sit, ZTE one's is sit, the Sony's is very good in Vowney V5.

It seems to be the case with all my earphones and i have tried a few different apps (maybe it's a hardware issues)

Edited by kieranswhite