Need Help - Huawei G300 Stuck up on Ascend Logo

Guest crisdale

Guest crisdale

It will erase it as part of updating that is part and parcel of it. Should take less then a minute.

Sharky, im getting the error message:

C:\Users\Cleo\Desktop\Android_AIO_Flasher\tools>fastboot flash recovery "C:\Users\Cleo\Desktop\recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4.img"

sending 'recovery' (7526 KB)...

OKAY [ 0.702s]

writing 'recovery'...

FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

finished. total time: 88.088s

Guest kyan31

Crisdale, have you officially unlocked your bootloader? Someone here suggested that people with officially unlocked bootloaders are getting 'bricks' so I was just wondering if you were unlocked.

Guest crisdale

Must be a motherboard fault then. What version of CWM do you have at present?

hi sharky, i hope its not a motherboars problem. . I dont hold the phone right now but the version is 6.something which already mount internal storage. .

Guest crisdale

Crisdale, have you officially unlocked your bootloader? Someone here suggested that people with officially unlocked bootloaders are getting 'bricks' so I was just wondering if you were unlocked.

Guest crisdale

I think i officialy unlocked my bootloader. . Its one of the steps that i did when i first rooted my phone to update to official ics version. . So do you think i can still fix this?

Guest kyan31
I think i officialy unlocked my bootloader. . Its one of the steps that i did when i first rooted my phone to update to official ics version. . So do you think i can still fix this?

I would need to know exactly if you unlocked officially or not. Did you unlock by contacting Huawei for a code, or did you just use the unlockbootloader.exe?

Guest crisdale

I would need to know exactly if you unlocked officially or not. Did you unlock by contacting Huawei for a code, or did you just use the unlockbootloader.exe?

Hi Kyan, yeah you are right. i unlocked it using the unlockbootloader.exe

Guest kyan31
Hi Kyan, yeah you are right. i unlocked it using the unlockbootloader.exe

Oh OK, well then I have no idea why this error even occurred in the first place :(

Have you tried flashing another recovery e.g. TWRP?

Guest crisdale

Oh OK, well then I have no idea why this error even occurred in the first place :(

Have you tried flashing another recovery e.g. TWRP?

uhmm no, where can i get TWRP? i will try that ^_^

Guest sharkyo01

I think your at a dead end with this after you have tried TWRP if you have not been able to flash CWM to the recovery without success I wondering if something has relocked the different partitions in the phone. Which would causes all this problems. Just my thoughts....

Guest crisdale

You could try this : http://www.modaco.co...-from-recovery/

Flash the upgrade to ICS and then do not restart just flash an ICS rom.

hi rico, i have tried doing this then i successfully flash a custom rom (Tesla rom)....but then when i reboot it will stuck up on huawei ascend logo again... can you suggest some other rom? thanks much!

Guest crisdale

I think your at a dead end with this after you have tried TWRP if you have not been able to flash CWM to the recovery without success I wondering if something has relocked the different partitions in the phone. Which would causes all this problems. Just my thoughts....

hi sharky, i have tried doing what rico suggested from this link http://www.modaco.co...-from-recovery/ and then i flash a rom and it installed successfully...but when i reboot it will stuck on the logo again..

Guest Rico_89

hi rico, i have tried doing this then i successfully flash a custom rom (Tesla rom)....but then when i reboot it will stuck up on huawei ascend logo again... can you suggest some other rom? thanks much!

Maybe you have a corrupted version of Tesla rom.. Anyway try this rom and see: http://www.modaco.co...de-release-rom/

Have you tried another Microsd card?

Edited by Rico_89

Guest crisdale

Try flashing a stock ROM, if that doesn't work, flash CM10.1.

stock rom means? and cm10.1? been reading those terminologies here but i really dont know what they meant. hahahah =)

Guest Rico_89

stock rom means? and cm10.1? been reading those terminologies here but i really dont know what they meant. hahahah =)

Stock rom is an official rom from the manufacturer. Most of them have been made into zips so you can upgrade to the latest roms by flashing them in CWM. The rom I linked to is an official rom, B952, and is the one I use on my G300.

10.1 or 10.2 is the latest version of android called Jelly Bean. You can flash that as well over ICS; check out the G300 sub forum for JB roms: http://www.modaco.com/forum/737-huawei-ascend-g300-development/

The CM part stands for CyanogenMod. :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyanogenMod

Guest sharkyo01

Erm well he either means a stocked backup rom or he means force update. Either way Ill drop the links in to the box.

But reading it again I think he means a backup of a stocked rom.

Give both of them a whirl worth a shot you never now!

1. Roms both zips and updata.app

http://www.modaco.co...oms-u8815u8818/

2. Flashes the bases for an upgrade or a downgrade .e.g basebands , bootloaders etc etc

http://www.modaco.co...-from-recovery/

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest Rico_89

Check crisdale's first post, he can't use an update app.

"Downgrade & upgrade from recovery" is what he's trying now: posted on page 2..

Guest sharkyo01

Check crisdale's first post, he can't use an update app.

"Downgrade & upgrade from recovery" is what he's trying now: posted on page 2..

If you look I been in this thread from the start so yes i do now... But that may of pass you bye...

I have all i am suggesting is if he has got no where else to go anything is worth a shot in this situation...

Also he maybe able to use an update.app he may of not tried enough combinations with different ROMs as I had a very similar situation to this and had another member who I help get past this...Before you start trying to shut the doors close... Troubleshooting can take weeks maybe even months but some draw the lines at the wrong conclusion very quickly.

Keep jumping on peoples backs who only trying to help and may of just forgot one thing... Keep it up mate good way to scare members off that...

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest Rico_89

You're kidding right? You got that upset after you "Errmmed", me?

In my defence I just pointed out, in a polite manner, that those suggestions had already been tried or are being tried and that's it. And if you think that my two sentences are "Jumping on someone's back" or "scarring members off", then quite frankly that is just an insane over reaction.

Lastly I have also been here since page one, in fact I have been posting on these boards pretty much since this phone came out and I have never had an argument with anyone, even though I myself have been pointed to events and suggestion I have missed in threads, so this is the last thing I will say on this matter and the rest of my comments will be back on topic.