stuck in airplane mode

Guest mrrog

Guest mrrog

Anybody had this problem and solved it, for me it seemed to occur after I had been fiddling with the app 'rom toolbox pro'

Despite the title wifi works, but when I try to make a call I get the message turn off airplane mode, which the phone will not let me do either through the settings menu or holding down the power button, and hence cannot get to the 'mobile' networks' menu. The sim is ok as it works in another phone.

I have also tried to turn on the radio via the secret command *983*3640#

I have reflashed cold fusion and swedish snow roms, and an indonesian stock rom, reverted to stock orange rom with stock recovery, and upraded firmware with ZTE flash tool, all to no avail.

My final option appears to be taking a nandroid backup of another skate and applying to mine.

Not sure if this is relevant but IMEI SV is 00, any ideas would be appreciated?

Guest omegavesko

Ah, sorry I misread that. Mine's also 00, so I don't think that could be the problem.

I guess you could try flashing a stock (or custom) TPT or something, but you already tried the official updater and reverting to the Orange ROM so I don't think that would do much.

• 2 months later...

Finally got this sorted, though would be unable to give any realistic guide to the process, but essentially when all else had failed I simply followed the process for unlocking the phone outlined here:-

http://montecarlophone.co.uk/orange-monte-carlo/unlock-for-free/run-unlocker-restore-qcn-file/

This got me out of airplane mode, subsequent faffing around lost me wifi, probably due to losing my mac address through trying the unlock without a sim in the phone, anyway restoring the qcn file from the above process got this back.

Finally its also worth pointing out this unlock guide is the only one that still seems to have its download links intact, I had previously tried the wackydw, tilal, and giffgaff tutorials.

Fix or bust I say.

Edited by mrrog

Guest omegavesko

Finally got this sorted, though would be unable to give any realistic guide to the process, but essentially when all else had failed I simply followed the process for unlocking the phone outlined here:-

http://montecarlophone.co.uk/orange-monte-carlo/unlock-for-free/run-unlocker-restore-qcn-file/

This got me out of airplane mode, subsequent faffing around lost me wifi, probably due to losing my mac address through trying the unlock without a sim in the phone, anyway restoring the qcn file from the above process got this back.

Finally its also worth pointing out this unlock guide is the only one that still seems to have its download links intact, I had previously tried the wackydw, tilal, and giffgaff tutorials.

Fix or bust I say.

I'm going to be unlocking my phone when I sell it in a few weeks, so thanks a lot for that. I remember really liking the guides on there before but I completely forgot about it.