[ROM][JB] MIUIv5 3.8.16 (Geno build mod) multilang (4.1.2)

Guest narkoman88

Guest ezpc98

I'm on 109808 baseband and stock Gingerbread ROM, have TWRP installed. Can I flash the MIUIv5 3.7.26 Geno ROM from the opening post directly or need to first upgrade ICS (to get 2030 baseband) and flash this ROM on top of it?

Cheers.

Guest Tentmaster

I'm on 109808 baseband and stock Gingerbread ROM, have TWRP installed. Can I flash the MIUIv5 3.7.26 Geno ROM from the opening post directly or need to first upgrade ICS (to get 2030 baseband) and flash this ROM on top of it?

Cheers.

You need to be on 2030 baseband iirc.

Guest ezpc98

This is an awesome rom! Thanks, narkoman88.

Need HELP! I'm unable to access the internal storage via USB.

Windows PC loaded the driver and said device ready to use.

Checked 'Storage' in settings:

- Default USB connection type is set to "ask on connection" but not getting any prompt in notifications.

- Internal Storage size at bottom of screen do show how much available and the total size.

Tried with turning on usb debugging but still no luck.

The only change I've done is that I started with external SD card when flashing the rom & initial set up. Afterwards, removed the SD card, did reboot and now can't access internal storage.

What I've been missing?

Guest ezpc98

I'm now completely frustrated with internal storage out of reach, don't know for others but it could be just me. Strangely, the file manager (rom inbuilt one and X-plore from Play market) can see it but now having problems with Camera too as it throws error saying unable to access internal storage.

The ROM looks extremely polished from the top but generally I'm finding it bit lagging, phone became unresponsive on few occasions and free RAM drops to merely 45M even with handful of apps launched. Perhaps the phone is not made for 4.1.x ROMs. I will keep watch for next few days but inclined to go back to GB stock rom honestly.

Guest hippy dave

Miui always has some lags and low memory on this phone unless it's the CM7 (gingerbread) version. If you just want a responsive jellybean rom, try joestone CM10.1 - as long as data works for you then you shouldn't have any other problems.

Edited by hippy dave

Guest Tentmaster

Mr. narkoman88,new version miui?Please.

Hang tight !!!! Another day or two or three is not too long to wait, especially if he gets everything right. For this is the best rom around at present.

Edited by Tentmaster

I don`t have g300 anymore, but I`d like to know is MIUI any beter then 3 months ago.

Last time I tried it (in May) on g300, it was short on free ram (70-80Mb)

and laging.

Is it any better now?

Thanks

Edited by dakok

Guest Tentmaster

I don`t have g300 anymore, but I`d like to know is MIUI any beter then 3 months ago.

Last time I tried it (in May) on g300, it was short on free ram (70-80Mb)

and laging.

Is it any better now?

Thanks

I find MIUI to be very solid. No foreclosures, no problem with 2g & 3g, Plenty of ram- mostly around 100+mb. It is very dependable. Have it as my daily.

Guest rabaip

Is anyone else getting a weird issue with the status bar showing NNNNNNNN instead of the mobile network name? I tried manually setting it to T-Mobile UK but the status bar still says Nnnnnnnn. Also tried wiping data.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried 3.9.20 today.

The animations a little bit slow to me, but it's usable.

The default keyboard's settings page is all Chinese, better to install other keyboard eg. TouchPal X

Need to delete some Chinese app.

If the animation were faster, it would be a good ROM.

I tried 3.9.20 today.

The animations a little bit slow to me, but it's usable.

The default keyboard's settings page is all Chinese, better to install other keyboard eg. TouchPal X

Need to delete some Chinese app.

If the animation were faster, it would be a good ROM.

You can alwas speed up animations in developer options...I will try rom today...