Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sferg410

Hey Paul,

Did you saw this video?

HTC one S-OFF via java card 1.54 HBOOT

KR,

Tulio

I really dont see the point of this post seeing as it is a poor quality video, you can only see the phone settings at the start and not at the end as the focus is so bad and of course we cant understand a word they are saying. I mean seriously, what is the point of this waste of time post????

Guest peterock

Before this gets off topic too much anyone wanting s-off under hboot 1.54 should check out fonefunshop they offer the java card service for £21.98 including return (of course you have to pay for delivery)

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/cable_picker/97585_HTC_One_M7_S-OFF_Mail_In_Service_(Permanent_Root_HTC_Allow_Custom_Roms).html

Back on topic I have 2 issues left which I believe Paul is looking into one of them.

1. status bar disappearing on GE edition

2. Weather sync on Sense disables itself after switching from GE

Edited by peterock

Guest Joeny217

Hello sferg410, My understanding is that you must be rooted to S-OFF your device and since you don't want to root your device. I suggest you shoot an email to the developers of REVONE and see if there is an update coming, or if it's even possible to S-OFF without root...I don't have an answer to that because i am not a developer but I do like to take risk and experiment with new Roms....Again good luck finding answers don't give up though...If there is a will there is a way.....

Guest sferg410

You can s-off without root but you cannot s-off (easily) the new hboot

So you are saying Lenny that hboot 1.54 can be made s-off without rooting..... ???

Care to share how?

Guest Lennyuk

So you are saying Lenny that hboot 1.54 can be made s-off without rooting..... ???

Care to share how?

No I said the new hboot is not easily s-off'd - you can't even do it without additional hardware from what I can tell.

On the older hboots you can s-off without root.

Guest theadb

I have a problem with that, but for me it happens for both sides and i will receive error reports "message did not send." It's the worst. I use facebook messenger for texting because of chatheads, and so i do not want to switch messaging apps. Although I tested with goSMS and I have the same problem.

Are you still experiencing this? What carrier are you on? I did further testing (without posting here), and the same thing was happening to me on the Sense side too. Numerous contacts were receiving multiple duplicate messages from me. I also had the "received notification" on so I kept being notified every time my contact received the message. I know Paul and Lenny aren't experiencing the issue...wonder what it could be. I'm using the stock messaging client with no mods installed.

I'd really love to come back to this from stock GPE. Might attempt again with Paul's next update with updated scripts etc. :)

Guest Lennyuk

Are you still experiencing this? What carrier are you on? I did further testing (without posting here), and the same thing was happening to me on the Sense side too. Numerous contacts were receiving multiple duplicate messages from me. I also had the "received notification" on so I kept being notified every time my contact received the message. I know Paul and Lenny aren't experiencing the issue...wonder what it could be. I'm using the stock messaging client with no mods installed.

I'd really love to come back to this from stock GPE. Might attempt again with Paul's next update with updated scripts etc. :)

When you set up did you restore any sms from a backup or settings that may have included sms settings? - if these corrupted at all it can cause the duplicate message issue you described.

Guest theadb

When you set up did you restore any sms from a backup or settings that may have included sms settings? - if these corrupted at all it can cause the duplicate message issue you described.

Interesting. I am using SMS Backup/Restore, but I've never had an issue with it before switching between roms (and I do it pretty often). Also I am only restoring the messages, not any settings to the app. That being said, I'll try a clean wipe without restoring any messages and see if it happens again.

Guest FilyPhanatic

I am on AT&T. I do still experience this. I believe the only time I send duplicates are when i get the message saying the the message was not sent, and then I manually resend just to get rid of the notification. Most of the time when I receive the error message, it does send the message, as I will receive a replies to the texts even when it says message not sent.

Lennyuk, I have restored my sms messages from a backup several times, but I'd like to keep them. Is there any way that I can keep the messages without having this issue?

Guest FilyPhanatic

I've used HTC's sms backup several times before switching ROMS and clean wipes. I believe I've also used Titanium Backup once for messages, but I don't think I've ever backed up settings.

Guest Lennyuk

Its a tricky one as if you already have corrupt data (if that is indeed the cause of your issues) it is difficult to know what is actually corrupt to make sure you don't back that up (might be a certain message, or temp file etc).

I have always used mybackup pro for sms messages and never had an issue - I didn't like the way titanium or other apps backed up sms - caused too many problems.

Guest bkmerrick

For anyone gets error in Play Store "Unknown error code during application install -24".

This is related to residual app files in data\data\ when you uninstall an app and try to reinstall. won't be fixed by removing and adding google account again.

Using root explorer and delete the app related file in data\data\ fix the problem. Root access required for this.

Any idea what to do if I don't have root access?

Guest theadb

Its a tricky one as if you already have corrupt data (if that is indeed the cause of your issues) it is difficult to know what is actually corrupt to make sure you don't back that up (might be a certain message, or temp file etc).

I have always used mybackup pro for sms messages and never had an issue - I didn't like the way titanium or other apps backed up sms - caused too many problems.

Tried again. No restore of SMS. Still the same issue when I switched over to GPE.

Guest FilyPhanatic

Hey Paul, AT&T has switched me over to a galaxy S IV because of a warranty issue. I'd like to help out with testing Switch on the new phone. I'm not sure if you're at the beta stage yet, but I love switch and I can't live without it after this. Other devices just seem boring now.

Guest motu90

@FilyPhanatic: You can use Helium to back up your application data, copy the folder "carbon" from your internal memory on the One to your S4 and restore there with Helium again. Of course you can also buy the premium version of Helium and sync across your devices via Google Drive or Dropbox ;)

Guest Lennyuk
Paul are you gonna try the leak Sense 4.3 or you are waiting for official release ?.

The leak is not leaked yet - all we have so far is a custom rom made using the leak not a full base, that comes next week.