Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lennyuk

Never had it installed, not even before i wiped to install MoDaCo Switch. Also i must have restarted my phone at least 10 times today.

can you check

/data/system/uiderrors.txt

is anything written in that?

Guest PaulOBrien

This is a test release of Beta 7 with a modification that should resolve the account loss between Switches. Please test and if it's OK, i'll roll it out in post 1 / OTA.

P

Guest Lennyuk

Never had it installed, not even before i wiped to install MoDaCo Switch. Also i must have restarted my phone at least 10 times today.

What is the app you want to install?

Can you screenshot your /data/data directory, I want to see.

I am certain that this is the correct fix.

Guest Sebianoti

What is the app you want to install?

Can you screenshot your /data/data directory, I want to see.

I am certain that this is the correct fix.

Managed to load that directory now, however it's so long i'd have to take 50 screenshots, i scanned through it for the app i'm trying to install but it's not there.

As for your earlier question that's gone here are 2 recent logs

14:46: Package com.android.systemui shared user changed from android.uid.system to <nothing>; replacing with new

22/07/2013 14:46: com.android.systemui skipErased true

Guest NeidRider

-24 really has to do with orphaned data. I deleted /data/data/com.teslacoil*, now I was able to install nova.

*FIXED*

About the kernel: I just tried elementalX, that seems to properly support init.d, and switching works. Will have to come up with my own config-file, though (no flashing, no aroma installer, no config generation ;)

Guest Lennyuk

Managed to load that directory now, however it's so long i'd have to take 50 screenshots, i scanned through it for the app i'm trying to install but it's not there.

As for your earlier question that's gone here are 2 recent logs

14:46: Package com.android.systemui shared user changed from android.uid.system to <nothing>; replacing with new

22/07/2013 14:46: com.android.systemui skipErased true

SystemUI error? Are you trying to use a theme?

Guest Sebianoti

SystemUI error? Are you trying to use a theme?

Trying to download an icon pack, Tersus.

Edit:

Booted into sense, looked at /data/data/ and found kov.theme.tersus and deleted it and it installed!

Edited by Sebianoti

Guest viskas

This is a test release of Beta 7 with a modification that should resolve the account loss between Switches. Please test and if it's OK, i'll roll it out in post 1 / OTA.

P

ciao paul, is it correct if I install any update from the sense switch on top of the current installation?

ciao!

Guest Lennyuk

Trying to download an icon pack, Tersus.

Edit:

Booted into sense, looked at /data/data/ and found kov.theme.tersus and deleted it and it installed!

I knew I was right - lol

Guest Lennyuk

Yeah just flashed Beta 6, and still no data connection on Sense, GE Rom Data is working fine .... :(

Have you checked your apn's on the sense rom, I know they should be the same on both, but check anyway.

Guest IcOpRo

Have you checked your apn's on the sense rom, I know they should be the same on both, but check anyway.

Ill Check them in a minute, but the weird thing is that even when I switch APN to another on sens out of the list still I get the same Data disconnected.

Guest philos64

I can't see Switch on settings (I'm on still Beta 6) - I see Switch and Switch Updater as Apps

Just downloaded Beta 7.

Can you add Switch as toggles ?

Edited by philos64

Guest Sebianoti

The Switch app is the, er Switch.

In time I might add it to the power menu.

P

I was going to recommend adding it to the power menu.

Guest NeidRider

Will try beta7 later, phone is running hot meanwhile, from all the booting ;)

Still struggling with widgets, though. Sometimes after a switch a widget doesn't appear at all, or one appears instead of another, trying to get that sorted.

Guest Raycaster3

Yeah, u're in the same situation as me. Seems for now restoring with Titanium is a no-go.

P.S. Maybe we could try Helium...

I liked this post on accident. Anyhow I had no issues with restoring apps with titanium.

Guest inthenite42

Installed 7. Never had problems with syncing too much so I can't tell a true difference. Everything is running smooth though.

Guest PaulOBrien

Beta 7 update zip released - flash over the top of any version when in Sense mode. No wipe required - Switch at least once to activate the new features. This update resolves an issue with accounts being lost on Switch if the application doesn't exist in both ROMs.

You can install this via OTA (please uncheck the 'wipe cache' option which will be removed in the next update) and remember you need to Switch after flashing.

I'll also remove this requirement in the next version.

P

Guest philos64

On Beta 6:

My wallpaper (Sense) is different from GE. I changed my wallpaper once GE, switched to Sense, and I have the same now.

Flashed beta 7 normally not by OTA

Paul, can you cut off the HTC Boot Sound please ;)

Edited by philos64

Guest IcOpRo

Yeah, APN issue?

P

Its working now, I clicked on settings/mobile data/Access Point Names then I selected "again" ATT as my carried and now I have data.

Guest viskas

Beta 7 update zip released - flash over the top of any version when in Sense mode. No wipe required - Switch at least once to activate the new features. This update resolves an issue with accounts being lost on Switch if the application doesn't exist in both ROMs.

You can install this via OTA (please uncheck the 'wipe cache' option which will be removed in the next update) and remember you need to Switch after flashing.

I'll also remove this requirement in the next version.

P

everything runs smooth here! I only have the problem with the contacts on the sense version using T9 Dialer.

I see the contacts in my address book, but the T9 dialer doesn't find them when I try to call one of my contacts.