Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

everything runs smooth here! I only have the problem with the contacts on the sense version using T9 Dialer.

I see the contacts in my address book, but the T9 dialer doesn't find them when I try to call one of my contacts.

IIRC clearing data on Contacts Provider fixes that when it re-syncs?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm gonna refine a few bits and bobs ready for Beta 8 and after that i'll be opening up the Beta to the next set of applicants. :)

P

Guest DyManic

Ok just installed beta 7 via OTA (from 6).

Have done a switch and setup my email accounts again (via googles default non gmail client and the HTC mail app).

Can report that the email accounts now stick between switches :D

Well done Paul ;)

Edit: Just a thought, is it possible to get the google client shared onto the sense ROM? Have a slight issue with shortcuts for mail - have to make 2 but only 1 works from each rom.

Edited by DyManic

Guest jawonder

Installed beta 7 from OTA updater but version in settings is still saying beta 6 .

edit:- After i did a switch to GE it showing the right version in both GE and sense.

Edited by jawonder

Guest Touchpro247

After Beta 7 update home soft key doesn't work.

Its not working on the GE side.

Edited by Touchpro247

Guest csantiago78

Hey Paul,

On Blinkfeed, when I try to add sources, all the information sources appear in arabic or some other language I cannot read. Tried changing the OS language but it just stays like that. My current language for Android is English US.

post-1019711-0-05608000-1374511528_thumb

Cheers!

Edit:

I have made myself look like an idiot once again... :)

If someone is experiencing this "issue": you just need to edit "Local Content" on Settings... DUH!

Edited by csantiago78

Guest PaulOBrien

Installed beta 7 from OTA updater but version in settings is still saying beta 6 .

That will change when you Switch. This is resolved in the next release.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Beta 8 update zip released - flash over the top of any version either manually or using the OTA client (uncheck the 'wipe cache' option) when in Sense mode - this is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! No wipe required - This update brings improvements to the OTA client and post install processing. It also limits the OTA client to the Sense ROM.

P

Guest PaulOBrien
Weird. Just lost both the Home soft key and Quick settings toggle in the GE Rom in the latest OTA :/

You applied it from the sense side yeah? Weird.

A fix for this - an adb command - was previously posted.

P

Guest jehowe

This may have existed prior, but just noticed on Beta 7 & now Beta 8. When switching to Sense, there is a noticeable lag (45sec or so) loading (connecting) wifi and loading the clock & weather widget. No issues when booting into GE. I have the Snapdragon battery guru app running, with 'manage wifi' turned off.

Guest PaulOBrien
This may have existed prior, but just noticed on Beta 7 & now Beta 8. When switching to Sense, there is a noticeable lag (45sec or so) loading (connecting) wifi and loading the clock & weather widget. No issues when booting into GE. I have the Snapdragon battery guru app running, with 'manage wifi' turned off.

Not for me...

P

Guest agentdr8

I have the Snapdragon battery guru app running, with 'manage wifi' turned off.

I had issues with that battery guru app causing massive wakelocks and had to uninstall it. When it works, it works well, but I think it needs more refinement.

Guest viskas

IIRC clearing data on Contacts Provider fixes that when it re-syncs?

P

Ciao Paul,

I know u r going to regret inviting a noobie like me to the test program, but I Will ask for an explanation anyway.

What do You Mean by IIRC data clearing?

I know, I know... I should know that but maybe I Just Call it in a different way!

Thank you!

L

Guest Lennyuk

Ciao Paul,

I know u r going to regret inviting a noobie like me to the test program, but I Will ask for an explanation anyway.

What do You Mean by IIRC data clearing?

I know, I know... I should know that but maybe I Just Call it in a different way!

Thank you!

L

Iirc =if I remember correctly

Clear data for the app "contact storage" in menu > settings > applications and then resend with google assuming your contacts are stored with google.