Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lennyuk

Yeah. I'm aware of what s off allows you to do, I've just not had a reason to do so therefore figured it Is best to leave s on. More curious to how switching works with s off.

Loving it so far. Thanks again for the invite guys.

Basically it does the same process just without the visual recovery step -

As far as the phone goes it shuts down, boots up (this is where its flashing the switch), shuts down, boots up into the new rom.

It effectively does the same as your s-on switch, without taking the time to boot into recovery and flash a physical file.

Guest PaulOBrien

I converted Nova and Nava prime to system apps but i'm still getting the launcher pop up.

You have to disable the stock launcher also.

P

Guest hide598

First of all, thanks for giving me a chance on the beta testing.

I was coming from ARHD 12.1, with clockworkmod touch recovery. I couldn't get the switching work.. Here is what I did.

1. Ensure fastboot is off

2. Enter recovery and wipe data & factory reset

3. Install Beta1 zip

4. Install Beta8 zip

5. Install S-On zip

6. Install root zip

7. Reboot, after getting pass the phone setup in Sense, turn off Fastboot

8. Launch Switch app

After I launched the Switch, it will reboot into recovery mode..

I also tried the manual command line of ./adb shell /data/SWITCH/sense/firstrun.sense

However, i got this message in return "/system/bin/sh: /data/SWITCH/sense/firstrun.sense: not found"

What am I missing??

Guest raven2586

Has anyone testing this rom with device encryption? My work email mandates that, just want to know if anyone's tried that. If not then I can try and report back with what I find.

Guest Clselfridge

One other question. Is there a way to do a nandroid of this whole rom or would it just end up doing one or the other or would I just end up with a mess again? I am guessing the mess just wondering if its possible.

Guest Lennyuk

First of all, thanks for giving me a chance on the beta testing.

I was coming from ARHD 12.1, with clockworkmod touch recovery. I couldn't get the switching work.. Here is what I did.

1. Ensure fastboot is off

2. Enter recovery and wipe data & factory reset

3. Install Beta1 zip

4. Install Beta8 zip

5. Install S-On zip

6. Install root zip

7. Reboot, after getting pass the phone setup in Sense, turn off Fastboot

8. Launch Switch app

After I launched the Switch, it will reboot into recovery mode..

I also tried the manual command line of ./adb shell /data/SWITCH/sense/firstrun.sense

However, i got this message in return "/system/bin/sh: /data/SWITCH/sense/firstrun.sense: not found"

What am I missing??

What recovery are you using? CWM? Switch to TWRP to make life easier.

As you are s-on it is meant to boot to recovery but it should flash the flip file without you doing anything.

Guest Lennyuk

One other question. Is there a way to do a nandroid of this whole rom or would it just end up doing one or the other or would I just end up with a mess again? I am guessing the mess just wondering if its possible.

take a nandroid like normal, it backs up everything, as everything is still stored in either /system/ or /data/

Guest hide598

What recovery are you using? CWM? Switch to TWRP to make life easier.

As you are s-on it is meant to boot to recovery but it should flash the flip file without you doing anything.

Thanks for your last sentence.

I was asked do I want to install an untrusted zip after booting to the recovery mode, which I wasn't dare to until I read that it will flash a file in the initial boot.

Now I installed the zip and is booted to GPe :)

I think you should add that for S-On, you will have to install a zip in recovery mode during the initial switch :)

Guest Clselfridge

take a nandroid like normal, it backs up everything, as everything is still stored in either /system/ or /data/

Thanks for the reply. That's great news.

Guest Lennyuk

Thanks for your last sentence.

I was asked do I want to install an untrusted zip after booting to the recovery mode, which I wasn't dare to until I read that it will flash a file in the initial boot.

Now I installed the zip and is booted to GPe :)

I think you should add that for S-On, you will have to install a zip in recovery mode during the initial switch :)

If you have TWRP recovery rather than CWM it won't ask you to install anything, it just does it - which is why the first post doesn't mention it. TWRP is the preferred recovery of SWITCH.

Guest jawonder

You can do nandroid as normal it restores perfectly.

Guest kensington133

I have successfully flashed switch to my HTC one but i am have 2 issues:

1 - I keep getting the error popup "Ufortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped working"

and

2 - Another error popup saying "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped"

This occurs every 5 - 10 seconds or when i open the messaging app, and i am unable to do anything till i press ok.

Any sugggestions?

Thanks

Edit: Forgot to mention this is on the Google Rom, testing the Sense Rom now

Solved:

Re-wiped and re flashed, everything works fine (so far)

yaay :D

Guest bobsbbq

Thanks paul for the invite. Took me a few days but I finally got a chance to test this ROM. I made a really dumb mistake from someone who should no better and wiped my entire data including the internal storage. But I was able to use ADB sideload to get a ROM back on the device and then I completed the process.

My device is a T-Mobile HTC One US version, with S-On. I'm still using my factory firmware as I was not sure if the newer one would cause me to loose LTE etc. So far I have not had any issues other than MMS already mentioned. This is a great ROM and experience, I will keep testing and updating as they come out.

Guest jawonder

P

P

Yeah i did do that but same issue and i don't really want to use nova on sense . Not a biggie can live with it for now .

Guest Lennyuk

I made a really dumb mistake from someone who should no better and wiped my entire data including the internal storage. But I was able to use ADB sideload to get a ROM back on the device and then I completed the process.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB! :-D

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest Lennyuk

Yeah i did do that but same issue and i don't really want to use nova on sense . Not a biggie can live with it for now .

Put nova in /system/SWITCH/gpe/app/ and when booted to GPE disable the stock GPE launcher - have no other launchers installed to /data/

When in sense put whatever launcher you want to use in /system/SWITCH/sense/app/ and disable sense (assuming you didn't want to use sense).

Then it remembers your defaults.

Guest melando

Is it possible to have say gpe rooted and sense not rooted... Or would this be incompatible in some way with the switch system structure?

Guest RobBull

My device is a T-Mobile HTC One US version, with S-On. I'm still using my factory firmware as I was not sure if the newer one would cause me to loose LTE etc. So far I have not had any issues other than MMS already mentioned. This is a great ROM and experience, I will keep testing and updating as they come out.

Were you able to get tethering working? I am on T-Mobile's truly unlimited plan, which does not offer tethering even if you're willing to pay for it. Whenever I launch the hotspot or bluetooth tether, I get the upsell screen. I don't tether much other than to browse the web a bit on the train, so I'm not willing to change my data plan and potentially limit my Google Music use. Play Music takes up a ton of data and I can easily see myself getting throttled on a lesser plan.

Guest ApexPredation

What's the behaviour on a stock One?

With the stock One it just opens the photos without a vibration. I have also noticed a quick flash when it vibrates on my switched One. Almost like a screen refresh.

Edit: This is in regards to the Facebook app vibrating when selecting an image in a post with multiple images.

Edited by ApexPredation

Guest ApexPredation

This could be a placebo effect, but the camera app seems to make much cleaner images now. Are there any actual differences? I am so happy I made the Switch from my stock DEV HTC One rom. I was still on 4.1.2 also. This is full of bonuses.

Guest mathiias

Were you able to get tethering working? I am on T-Mobile's truly unlimited plan, which does not offer tethering even if you're willing to pay for it. Whenever I launch the hotspot or bluetooth tether, I get the upsell screen. I don't tether much other than to browse the web a bit on the train, so I'm not willing to change my data plan and potentially limit my Google Music use. Play Music takes up a ton of data and I can easily see myself getting throttled on a lesser plan.

I got tethering working with the TrevE Mod verision of Wifi Tether using the settings in this thread http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2269917

Be sure to use a VPN (HotSpot VPN is generally recommended) or else TMO will detect that you are tethering and cut off your LTE.

Get TrevE mod here: https://code.google....r_v3_3-pre2.apk

edit: Must have Root in order for this to work.

Edited by mathiias

Guest agentdr8

This could be a placebo effect, but the camera app seems to make much cleaner images now. Are there any actual differences? I am so happy I made the Switch from my stock DEV HTC One rom. I was still on 4.1.2 also. This is full of bonuses.

HTC made enhancements to the camera in 4.2.2 which some others have noted as producing cleaner images as well.

Guest jawonder

Put nova in /system/SWITCH/gpe/app/ and when booted to GPE disable the stock GPE launcher - have no other launchers installed to /data/

When in sense put whatever launcher you want to use in /system/SWITCH/sense/app/ and disable sense (assuming you didn't want to use sense).

Then it remembers your defaults.

Gees !, thanks bro i made this into complicated Science, all i had to do is disable or uninstall the launchers i'm not using .

Guest PaulOBrien

Has anyone testing this rom with device encryption? My work email mandates that, just want to know if anyone's tried that. If not then I can try and report back with what I find.

I strongly suspect this wouldn't work...

Is it possible to have say gpe rooted and sense not rooted... Or would this be incompatible in some way with the switch system structure?

Yes, this would work fine.

4.2.2 is better, the ROM is optimised from a performance and space perspective too.

P