Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Iambic

Last time I checked all the md5s were correct, but I don't think I checked when it was updated to beta 8.

Risk it ;-) (or wait a few secs and I will tell you the md5 of my file that was fine)

Thanks, Lennyuk. I'll wait for your update ;-)

Guest Lennyuk

Thanks, Lennyuk. I'll wait for your update ;-)

Check now I posted a screenshot with my md5 (sorry on phone could not paste it as text)

Guest Iambic

Check now I posted a screenshot with my md5 (sorry on phone could not paste it as text)

Thanks, that was the one posted for S-On on Paul's original post. Sorry to bother but what is the MD5 for the S-On package? Thanks again!

Guest Lennyuk

Thanks, that was the one posted for S-On on Paul's original post. Sorry to bother but what is the MD5 for the S-On package? Thanks again!

I am s-off so I don't have that to tell you, all I could do is download and tell you what I get but that is not much use to you really.

They won't do anything bad if they are wrong, the one you want to make sure is right it beta 1.

Guest Edubyah

Okay just to report that it's working for sweep2wake and logo2menu implementation TeamSeven's 4.2.2. kernel. But if you're using this kernel you probably shouldn't report bugs without verifying they exist on the stock SWITCH kernel as well.

Edit- one switch later and sweep2wake no longer works on GPE or Sense

Edited by Edubyah

Guest philos64

I think that the OP had an error.

In fact the Md5 Sum for the Switch beta 8 is this sum: a3d94fc662553fe276a7a9d70d401a66

look this screenshot:

2kza.png

d03e.png

and the Md5 sum for the S-On Package is: 1bf819f200135ed25a9e3e47d082442

Edited by philos64

Guest Iambic

I think that the OP had an error.

In fact the Md5 Sum for the Switch beta 8 is this sum: a3d94fc662553fe276a7a9d70d401a66

look this screenshot:

2kza.png

d03e.png

and the Md5 sum for the S-On Package is: 1bf819f200135ed25a9e3e47d082442

Thanks for confirming. Is this anything to worry about. Lennyuk had stated nothing bad will happen but if the original files have been tampered with then it certainly is something to worry about. I am a worrywart ;-)

Guest Lennyuk

Thanks for confirming. Is this anything to worry about. Lennyuk had stated nothing bad will happen but if the original files have been tampered with then it certainly is something to worry about. I am a worrywart ;-)

You downloaded the files from the links Paul provided the chances of tampering are slim to none, so the only real issue is if your file is corrupt, and if it was recovery would most likely refuse to flash it anyway.

So please stop worrying

Guest philos64

You downloaded the files from the links Paul provided the chances of tampering are slim to none, so the only real issue is if your file is corrupt, and if it was recovery would most likely refuse to flash it anyway.

So please stop worrying

I'm sorry Lenny, I don't want to worry anybody, that's why I've posted the screenshots.

The first screenshot is from my phone. I've updated by OTA the switch beta8 just when Paul release it (22 july)

The second is from the download that I've made before my previous post (today)

Regards Lenny

Guest descenpet

Okay just to report that it's working for sweep2wake and logo2menu implementation TeamSeven's 4.2.2. kernel. But if you're using this kernel you probably shouldn't report bugs without verifying they exist on the stock SWITCH kernel as well.

Edit- one switch later and sweep2wake no longer works on GPE or Sense

if you install any kernel using the default installer from whichever kernel's thread, they probably will work after normal reboot but they will not survive a switch because of how switch handle /system/bin and boot.img.

Guest Iambic

So please stop worrying

None of the files were corrupt. I downloaded 3X and checked MD5 and in all cases the codes did not match for the beta8 and the S-On. I'm not all that worried as it is most likely due to some oversight. I am surprised that MD5 code check is being discussed at this stage of the game furthermore I would also like to report that Switch is working impressively well on my m7_ul, INFOmodelid: PN0712000, INFOcidnum: BS_US001.

Awesome stuff. Paradigm!

Have a well deserved holiday and thanks again, Paul.

Guest Tarek Elsakka

Hello there!

First I want to say thank you so, so much for this AMAZING work and effort; I must say that this is by far the best modification on an Android device that I have ever seen; it sort of reminds me of Boot Camp on Mac, where you have the best of both worlds on the same machine.

Second I'd like to ask if it would be possible to install a custom kernel? I've always used Bulletproof and think it is the best and I get amazing performance and superb battery life from it. And if it's possible, will it work on both Sense and GE or just one of them?

Thank you.

Guest descenpet

Hello there!

First I want to say thank you so, so much for this AMAZING work and effort; I must say that this is by far the best modification on an Android device that I have ever seen; it sort of reminds me of Boot Camp on Mac, where you have the best of both worlds on the same machine.

Second I'd like to ask if it would be possible to install a custom kernel? I've always used Bulletproof and think it is the best and I get amazing performance and superb battery life from it. And if it's possible, will it work on both Sense and GE or just one of them?

Thank you.

it should be possible if you use modified installer. the zip you download from kernel thread won't work as it is. you have to modify the installer or push the files manually.

i'm using l2m on gpe side and stock on sense side and have no problem so far. i only want that much so i changed the installer for gpe only. if you want for sense too, you should be able to do it quite easily.

Guest mathiias

Hello there!

Thank you.

Please at least glance at the thread before posting.

Two posts before yours: "if you install any kernel using the default installer from whichever kernel's thread, they probably will work after normal reboot but they will not survive a switch because of how switch handle /system/bin and boot.img."

If you go back through the previous few pages, it has been discussed rather extensively.

Guest Tarek Elsakka

it should be possible if you use modified installer. the zip you download from kernel thread won't work as it is. you have to modify the installer or push the files manually.

i'm using l2m on gpe side and stock on sense side and have no problem so far. i only want that much so i changed the installer for gpe only. if you want for sense too, you should be able to do it quite easily.

Thank you for your reply. I am going to look at the previous pages and see how that is done because I have absolutely no idea how. Did you follow a certain guide/tutorial which you can link me to or? Thanks!

Please at least glance at the thread before posting.

Two posts before yours: "if you install any kernel using the default installer from whichever kernel's thread, they probably will work after normal reboot but they will not survive a switch because of how switch handle /system/bin and boot.img."

If you go back through the previous few pages, it has been discussed rather extensively.

Thanks for your reply. I don't mean to sound like an ass but I'm too lazy to go through all 36 pages (I do sound like an ass don't I?) and I cannot find a "search this thread" tab to use. I am going to skim through them and see if I can find anything, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: There is a search this topic bar on top. I came across this:

"Flashing is exactly your problem; once you're on Switch, you can forget about normal flashing of kernels, but you have to proceed as Paul mentioned above:

Unzip the kernel-zip, copy boot.img to /system/SWITCH/(gpe|sense)/boot/, and copy everything that's under lib/modules (most likely) to the according directory in /system/SWITCH/(gpe|sense)/lib/modules.

Then perform a switch, and the kernel will be active, and it will stick."

Is that what I need to do? I am intending to use Bulletproof for the performance, battery life and most importantly tweaks like Logo2Menu and Sweep2Wake. Did anyone get that method to work? And if so, which kernel did you use?

Edited by Tarek Elsakka

Guest descenpet

Thank you for your reply. I am going to look at the previous pages and see how that is done because I have absolutely no idea how. Did you follow a certain guide/tutorial which you can link me to or? Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. I don't mean to sound like an ass but I'm too lazy to go through all 36 pages (I do sound like an ass don't I?) and I cannot find a "search this thread" tab to use. I am going to skim through them and see if I can find anything, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: There is a search this topic bar on top. I came across this:

"Flashing is exactly your problem; once you're on Switch, you can forget about normal flashing of kernels, but you have to proceed as Paul mentioned above:

Unzip the kernel-zip, copy boot.img to /system/SWITCH/(gpe|sense)/boot/, and copy everything that's under lib/modules (most likely) to the according directory in /system/SWITCH/(gpe|sense)/lib/modules.

Then perform a switch, and the kernel will be active, and it will stick."

Is that what I need to do? I am intending to use Bulletproof for the performance, battery life and most importantly tweaks like Logo2Menu and Sweep2Wake. Did anyone get that method to work? And if so, which kernel did you use?

that's basically it. you need to install it to a different location than the normal zip do.

you can manually do it but if the kernel has many aroma options, it can be confusing to know which files to copy to. so i just adjusted the updater-script to install to the correct location. i only wanted l2m so i didn't really test other options but they should work too with the same modified installer.

Guest kevinjunyuli

Hey Paul.

I've realised that in the camera app on the google edition doesn't rotate the sights unless you've got auto rotate selected. Not sure if you want to fix that or not.

K

Guest kevinjunyuli

Hey Paul.

I've realised that in the camera app on the google edition doesn't rotate the sights unless you've got auto rotate selected. Not sure if you want to fix that or not.

K

Guest tmlhodge
Hey Paul.

K

Wait.. you are serious? Fix what? It's a setting!

I think the easiest way to flash custom kernels would be to update the updater-script with in the zip files. To be specific I would do find replace "/system" and replace with "/system/sense or gpe" according to which you wish to update. Use with caution. I have not tried yet myself.

Guest Lennyuk
I think the easiest way to flash custom kernels would be to update the updater-script with in the zip files. To be specific I would do find replace "/system" and replace with "/system/sense or gpe" according to which you wish to update. Use with caution. I have not tried yet myself.

/system/SWITCH/(sense/gpe)

Guest Thumper Net

Everything works perfectly when in the system only when I switch between both ROMs I go always to recovery mode , if I choose the option to install the untrusted zip then it boots into the correct ROM . if I choose no it boots back to the ROM I was in . my HTC one has s-on , I installed everything required as well. Is there a reason the phone keeps booting up into recovery ? Any tips would be handy . apart from the boot problems everything works good

Guest Lennyuk
Everything works perfectly when in the system only when I switch between both ROMs I go always to recovery mode , if I choose the option to install the untrusted zip then it boots into the correct ROM . if I choose no it boots back to the ROM I was in . my HTC one has s-on , I installed everything required as well. Is there a reason the phone keeps booting up into recovery ? Any tips would be handy . apart from the boot problems everything works good

That is how S-On has yo work. If you install TWRP recovery in the won't ask silly questions when you switch.