Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lennyuk

I've heard that hboot higher than 24 doesn't supports the newer versions of twrp ?

2.6.0.1 works on newer firmware, I was the one who tested it before flyhalf published it.

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest Edubyah

what exactly did you do? And how did you do it? And does anyone have a kernel recommendation??

There is a newer firmware for the GPe ONE from Google, it contains a non-HTC hboot without the red text and it does away with the "tell HTC" stuff on sense side of switch. I don't recommend anyone try this that's S-on but for advanced users with S-off it's working fine using Crushalots modded 4.3_custom_firmware.zip found at XDA. Just wanted the switch team to know it's working fine with new hboot and radio. Again do NOT try this with the full firmware from Google only the modded version.

Guest FilyPhanatic

There is a newer firmware for the GPe ONE from Google, it contains a non-HTC hboot without the red text and it does away with the "tell HTC" stuff on sense side of switch. I don't recommend anyone try this that's S-on but for advanced users with S-off it's working fine using Crushalots modded 4.3_custom_firmware.zip found at XDA. Just wanted the switch team to know it's working fine with new hboot and radio. Again do NOT try this with the full firmware from Google only the modded version.

thanks, I'd like to try this. I have s-off, but I don't really understand the process. Could you explain it or give me a link please?

Guest descenpet

full firmware zip only have boot and recovery more than that so that is more or less all firmware that comes with 4.3.

Guest Edubyah

full firmware zip only have boot and recovery more than that so that is more or less all firmware that comes with 4.3.

I personally don't want the recovery and don't see why anyone here would either it would break switch would it not? Have a look HERE I'm glad to be rid of the "I'm telling big brother on you red text" without running a hex edited hboot.

Guest riassan
is there a chance to get the switch with cyanogenmod?
later on this may be possible, ATM as the title of thread states we are beta testing to get the most stable setup first then branching out to devs to make available for switch to be a possible incorporation in Rom development,l. ;)

Guest -fakker-

I just want to confirm that after tweaking the build.prop for GE, and without rooting it, I am successfully able to watch Sky Go from my HTC One under GE :) Really pleased, best of both worlds with this.

Sorry Paul, I had to take the Modaco bits out in order for it to recognise the device... I also had issues using Nationwide app when the modaco stuff in the model number bit...

I don't know if you have anything against that or not...

Guest matthewpucc

Bugs I've noticed:

• (Play Rom): Using lastpass to copy data from the system tray does not populate the data into the clipboard
  • (General): The root package seems to have trouble keeping su executable after switching roms
  • (Play rom ish): An exchange account added under the play rom does not show up in the account list on the sense rom. The account will be accessible in the email app but not the calendar app in the sense rom

Device: m7att

S-On device

TWRP Recovery image

Guest Lennyuk
Bugs I've noticed:
  • (Play Rom): Using lastpass to copy data from the system tray does not populate the data into the clipboard
  • (General): The root package seems to have trouble keeping su executable after switching roms
  • (Play rom ish): An exchange account added under the play rom does not show up in the account list on the sense rom. The account will be accessible in the email app but not the calendar app in the sense rom

Device: m7att

S-On device

TWRP Recovery image

I use lastpass a hundred times a day not had a single issue on the GE rom, or any other rom....

Guest Lennyuk

Wondering if I can install this on the google play edition of HTC One as well in order to get both?

Installation instructions remain the same.

However I am not entirely sure if the Google Play edition has been partitioned differently, or if it has the same radio frequencies that this rom supports?

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest descenpet

I was just wondering... What are the issues Paul is currently tackling? is it still just the problem with siloed sms and call logs?

he is tackling his holiday :P

Guest Lennyuk

I was just wondering... What are the issues Paul is currently tackling? is it still just the problem with siloed sms and call logs?

- SMS and call logs are not shared

- Sense weather stops auto-updating after a swtich (have to turn it back on)

- Possible problems with calendar sync (although I have not had this myself)

- Exchange email issues

I think that is it, from the top of my head.

Guest erckul

- SMS and call logs are not shared

- Sense weather stops auto-updating after a swtich (have to turn it back on)

- Possible problems with calendar sync (although I have not had this myself)

- Exchange email issues

I think that is it, from the top of my head.

these are the only "issues" that I've noticed as well. Not really issues at all IMO, given how amazing this is.

Guest Lennyuk

Upon Pauls return from Holiday will we be getting another beta? Also update the GE side to 4.3?

there will certainly be at least one more that includes GPE 4.3 - as for other updates, it will have to wait to see if Paul decides to add new features or fix any of the remaining issues people have been having.

Chances are 4.3 might break some new things, which will in turn need new fixes (SU and xposed spring to mind).

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest matthewpucc

I use lastpass a hundred times a day not had a single issue on the GE rom, or any other rom....

Do you copy from the app or use the menu tray notifications? The app I had issues with was Key Ring. I emailed the company and they stated there is nothing blocking it inside the app. When I switch over to the sense rom, it works as expected.

Guest riassan
Im ready to install this but Im completely stock right now. Unrooted ATT HTC one with android 4.1.2 and software 1.26.502.12. Is there anything I need to do before I use http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2183942 to unlock, root, and install twrp, and then follow instructions on the original post???

thanks a lot.

No that should do the job, unless you can handle manually doing the job of the kit, using htcdev, revone or moonshine for s-off and installing recovery of your choice via rom manager or goo manager. ;)