Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lennyuk

Do you copy from the app or use the menu tray notifications? The app I had issues with was Key Ring. I emailed the company and they stated there is nothing blocking it inside the app. When I switch over to the sense rom, it works as expected.

I have it place copy notifications in the notifications bar, I then use that to paste the required information into the apps. I don't use Key Ring (nor know what that is) but I have not had any issues with the apps I do use it with, which is a lot of things.

Guest nishant786

Hi. Could anyone be so kind as to help me with two things please?

1) I would like to know how to enable the htc logo as a menu button? I have Xposed and Modaco toolkit installed.

2) Also is it possible to diasble ads rom wide?

Also thanks Paul for this. It really is revolutionary. :)

Guest mmisep

Hello people, I'm using the Modaco Switch ROM and I am in the GPE. Today I received the 4.3 OTA Notification that's telling me I have the 4.3 update ready to install. What should I do? Installingit will break the device, right?

Edited by mmisep

Guest Lennyuk
Hello people, I'm using the Modaco Switch ROM and I am in the GPE. Today I received the 4.3 OTA Notification that's telling me I have the 4.3 update ready to install. What should I do? Installingit will break the device, right?

Ignore it, trying to install it won't work anyway, the update will fail and everything will continue as normal. What rom was you on before flashing switch? Sense?

Guest mmisep

Ignore it, trying to install it won't work anyway, the update will fail and everything will continue as normal. What rom was you on before flashing switch? Sense?

Thank you, I was on bigxie 4.3 GPE ROM from XDA.

Guest bkmerrick

So I have an AT&T HTC One it downloaded a system update. How do we get this prompt off of the GE side of the device? I shouldn't be downloading this or it's going to bork my device? So being this is an official GE Rom it's recognizing the device as such? I was just sitting there and I toggled to WiFi and then it said downloading system update. SO I'm tring to find the actual download and delete it. Any suggestions on that possibley S/bin

Ever find an answer?I want to get rid of this system update downloaded notification.

Thanks

Guest Lennyuk

As far as I am aware it should only be giving you OTA notifications for the GPE rom if you are running the GPE firmware (i.e. more than just the rom)

Guest Lennyuk

Has anyone had a proper look into how Bluetooth functions after a switch? I seem to be having issues when paired with one rom it is still listed as paired with the other, but never connects (you have to un-pair and re-pair?)

Guest bkmerrick

As far as I am aware it should only be giving you OTA notifications for the GPE rom if you are running the GPE firmware (i.e. more than just the rom)

I went straight from stock HTC and followed directions from first this link http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2183942 and then the original post of this thread. Take a lookat what im running. Im not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks for the help.

Screenshot_2013_08_08_06_07_10.jpgScreenshot_2013_08_08_08_04_01.jpg

Edited by bkmerrick

Guest Lennyuk

I went straight from stock HTC and followed directions from first this link http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2183942 and then the original post of this thread. Take a lookat what im running. Im not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks for the help.

oh weird, thanks for the confirmation - I guess it does just give the OTA notification when using SWITCH then.

Guest bkmerrick

oh weird, thanks for the confirmation - I guess it does just give the OTA notification when using SWITCH then.

Thanks, but what would you suggest I do? I dont want to have that notification permanently

Guest dca1970

Has anyone had a proper look into how Bluetooth functions after a switch? I seem to be having issues when paired with one rom it is still listed as paired with the other, but never connects (you have to un-pair and re-pair?)

I also have had to unpair and repair in order to connect.

Guest jehowe

No Bluetooth issues here, or at least with a LG HBS730 stereo headset. I paired w/Sense and kept the headset on while switching to GE, the headset reconnected quickly after booting and was fully functional.

Guest bkmerrick

I assume I shouldn't hit the "System update downloaded. Touch to install." dialog in the notification tray?

Did you find a way to get rid of the notification?

Guest hrdnrg

Ever since installing Switch, restarting the phone to switch between the ROM's, TWRP runs a recovery script. Is this normal?

And also, the Google Play ROM, is pretty much unuseable, with constant 'Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped', 'Unfortunately, the process com.android.media has stopped.', 'Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped'. I can only just get into the menu to change back to the Sense ROM. Any suggestions?

Guest Lennyuk

Can I update gpe to Android 4.3 while i using htc's Android 4.2.2 ?

You will have to wait for a newer version of SWITCH to be released, which should be some time next week once Paul is back from his jolly holidays.

Guest mihirg

Instead of a beta 9, can we have an official version soon?

JKS. But seriously, for beta 9, I have something you might want to check out Paul:

On the Sense side of the ROM, a lot of apps hiccup with touch input. Play Store for example - after searching for a term, the first app I click just lights up. I then have to tap another app, go back to the search results and tap the app I want. Weird huh? This issue is present in ALL the GOOGLE apps. Play store, maps, currents, keep. No other apps except Pulse seemed to have this issue.

Guest kmkhedir

I received a message that android 4.3 is downloaded and ready to install i pressed install and it told me install aborted is it because of the modaco switch ?