Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ozkerr
@ozkerr I have been using switch for about a week in the US with T-Mobile. besides the Bluetooth not being able to be recognize in google edition everything has been working perfect. downloading the beta 9 and ill report anything new with the rom. thanks paul for creating switch

Guest wossman

Don't flash that - Paul will provide a new SWITCH safe one soon.

I hope that new root works on beta 8 as well. Chainfire's breaks when switching. I don't want to upgrade to 4.3 yet.

Guest wossman

Beta 9 will be released soon, featuring the 4.3 update!

It's not available for download via OTA yet (further testing needed), but if you want to download it manually, you can do so here:

The usual caveats apply, backup first, flash when in Sense mode! :)

Not that there are no other changes in this release other than those related to the 4.3 update.

P

Paul, will you maintain a version of SWITCH based on 4.2.2 for those who don't want to upgrade to 4.3. Honestly, 4.3 seems quite buggy and I want to wait a while before upgrading. I'm probably not alone either.

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, will you maintain a version of SWITCH based on 4.2.2 for those who don't want to upgrade to 4.3. Honestly, 4.3 seems quite buggy and I want to wait a while before upgrading. I'm probably not alone either.

I hadn't planned to... what bugs?

P

Guest wossman

I hadn't planned to... what bugs?

P

Although I'll admit I haven't used it yet I've read of bugs with bluetooth keyboards (http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/08/02/psa-android-4-3-breaks-compatibility-with-many-bluetooth-keyboards/) and copy and paste with some apps (http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/08/08/bug-watch-android-4-3-running-an-app-that-watches-the-clipboard-will-cause-other-apps-to-crash-when-you-copy-from-them/). Those two come to mind right now.

Guest Iambic

Thanks again for the paradigm setting work, Paul.

My device is a US unlocked phone on T-Mobile; S-On :

INFOproduct: m7_ul

INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064

INFOmodelid: PN0712000

INFOcidnum: BS_US001

I've found several minor bugs and below are those that I have not seen reported or addressed in the forum:

-Swapps settings in Sense only partially carried over to GPE but GPE changes fully carried over to sense

-Spotify login does not survive switch

-Google Keyboard is installed but Google play in Sense does not recognize it as such.

Edited by Iambic

Guest PaulOBrien
-Swapps settings in Sense only partially carried over to GPE but GPE changes fully carried over to sense

How do you mean? What is Swapps?

-Spotify login does not survive switch

Hmmm, strange. It adds as a regular Android account right?

-Google Keyboard is installed but Google play in Sense does not recognize it as such.

I have modified the keyboard to make it run with non GPe CIDs, hence this is why it doesn't show.

P

Guest ascito

Root package updated to SuperSU 1.51 which adds 4.3 compatability. Tested with Beta 9. :)

P

Sorry Paul,

I have to flash for the first time your switch. Is the procedure the same of the first topic?

• Select the recovery image's option to install zip and select the SWITCH Beta 1 zip
  • Select the recovery image's option to install zip and select the SWITCH Beta 9 update zip
  • Select the recovery image's option to install zip and select the S-ON support package (if required)
  • Select the recovery image's option to install zip and select the root zip (if required)
  • Select the recovery image's option to reboot (important: if prompted to fix root select 'Do Not Fix')

THX!

Guest PaulOBrien

Swapps is a side launcher much like Swipepad only better ;-)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.schiztech.swapps

Yes, Spotify is a regular android account that I log into in sense but the login does not survive switch to GPE

Thank again, Paul.

Weird. You could add an exclusion to keep the data siloed between ROMs? i.e. you'd have seperate swapps settings for each ROM.

re: Spotify, i'm looking at a few account related things at the moment. That it disappears altogether is weird though.

P

Guest wossman

Root package updated to SuperSU 1.51 which adds 4.3 compatability. Tested with Beta 9. :)

P

Thanks Paul.

Although on beta 8 after a few switches back and forth SuperSU startes to prompt that the su binary needs to be updated. Apps can get root access and new apps can be granted access. But opening SuperSU brings up the prompt and cancelling closes it. Allowing it to try to update the su binary using the "normal" option caused the sense mode to reboot. (I haven't tried it in the GPE mode) and I haven't tried the "CWM/TWRP" mode becuase I don't expect it to work since it'd need your secret sauce.

So for now I have root in both modes on beta 8 but the SuperSU app itself isn't a happy camper.

Guest nitr01

you use cmw ? Install twrp then the problem is solved.

If you want switch without recovery flash you must s-off

Does anyone have good instructions for getting to TWRP from CWM?

Guest theadb

Does anyone have good instructions for getting to TWRP from CWM?

Just install Goomanager from the Play Store. Open the app, press "Menu". "Install Open Recovery".

Guest robinwe97

Beta 9 bricks my phone...everythings fine in sense then I switch to gpe an i boot....and Boot......and Boot......after half an hour i decided to rstore my system.

Guest peterock

Done a full factory reset and started from scratch and noticed some oddities in GPe

1. Google calendar sync is missing from GPe but works fine on Sense (tested both calendars and calendar sync is under Sense Edition)

2. Keeps saying location reporting can't determine previous setting (each time you switch to GPe)

3. Trying to get into calendar then agenda force closes the application (probably because of point 1)

If I find anymore issues I will post them here.

Guest Lennyuk

Beta 9 bricks my phone...everythings fine in sense then I switch to gpe an i boot....and Boot......and Boot......after half an hour i decided to rstore my system.

it's a bootloop not a brick - not sure what would have caused it, beta 9 shouldn't do on it's own - did you try to use xposed or anything?

to fix hold power and volume down then get back to recovery and restore a backup or reflash the rom.