Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest robinwe97

it's a bootloop not a brick - not sure what would have caused it, beta 9 shouldn't do on it's own - did you try to use xposed or anything?

to fix hold power and volume down then get back to recovery and restore a backup or reflash the rom.

OK then bootloop ..I tried nothing

Yes I know that and its already done

Guest PaulOBrien
Done a full factory reset and started from scratch and noticed some oddities in GPe

1. Google calendar sync is missing from GPe but works fine on Sense (tested both calendars and calendar sync is under Sense Edition)

2. Keeps saying location reporting can't determine previous setting (each time you switch to GPe)

3. Trying to get into calendar then agenda force closes the application (probably because of point 1)

If I find anymore issues I will post them here.

Thanks, I can confirm both these issues and will investigate.

I expected a few quirks running 4.3 with 4.2.2 so it's cool. :-)

P

Guest perfectB

i checked that. With the MMS you're right but anything else works fine.

Today I tried recording a snapchat video and it worked. Yet I've been having that problem the whole time. Strange.

Another thing I just remembered: on my stock ROM I was able to set the max MMS size in Sense to 1000 KB, but now I can only select between 100, 200, and 300 KB. Is there any way to open up the larger options again?

Guest hagelin

Just wondering. On first page you wrote: NOTE: This ROM is for GSM devices only.

Does this mean it's only for the U-variant (GSM) and I cant use it with my UL-variant (GSM/LTE)?

Thanks in advance

Edited by hagelin

Guest Edubyah

Just wondering. On first page you wrote: NOTE: This ROM is for GSM devices only.

Does this mean it's only for the U-variant (GSM) and I cant use it with my UL-variant (GSM/LTE)?

Thanks in advance

No they just mean not for the Sprint/Verizon One.

Guest theadb

Sense on Beta 9 is working great. Just switched over to GE and can't get the Notification bar to show up. Can't access multitasking either. No mods. Flashed over beta 8.

Guest peterock

Ran into another issue google maps seems to keep on uninstalling itself on the Sense side and/or complains the SDK version is not high enough.

Guest Lennyuk

Ran into another issue google maps seems to keep on uninstalling itself on the Sense side and/or complains the SDK version is not high enough.

yes we know about this one, it will be fixed in the next update (basically 4.3 uses a different APK to pre-4.3 versions)

Guest peterock

yes we know about this one, it will be fixed in the next update (basically 4.3 uses a different APK to pre-4.3 versions)

Thanks for the prompt reply once all these issues are fixed it will become my default Rom over modaco beta 8

Guest Lennyuk

And if anyone is experiencing random errors in the play store they look to be Google server errors and nothing to do with SWITCH.

(other than the sdk error mentioned above)

Guest RobBull

Sense on Beta 9 is working great. Just switched over to GE and can't get the Notification bar to show up. Can't access multitasking either. No mods. Flashed over beta 8.

I can confirm this. GPe worked correctly the first time I switched. The next time, no nav bar or multi-tasking. This is coming from a clean install.

Guest PaulOBrien

If you experience the issue with the status bar disappearing, do the following...

• boot to GPe mode
  • reboot to recovery
  • run 'adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.android.systemui'
  • reboot

...and you should be set!

You can also delete the folder in root explorer in GPe mode and reboot to achieve the same. ;)

P

Paul, thanks for the incredible work you've done here. I've been following your development pretty closely, but I haven't tried switch out yet for a very specific reason. Currently, I am stuck using a 4.1 Sense based T-Mo ROM on my phone because I have no service at my house and I am reliant on WiFi calling. So far there appears to be no way to port T-Mo's WiFi calling to any other ROM. I have always been a huge fan of AOSP and I am itching to get back on it, so I was wondering if it's even feasible to switch out the Sense ROM with a T-Mo version. Is this something that I could do by swapping out the files, or have you made customizations to the Sense ROM in Switch that allow it to work?

If I could get a Sense ROM with T-Mo WiFi calling built in it would be the perfect solution for me, and finally allow me to kick Sense to the curb every time I leave the house ;D.

Guest Lennyuk

After some debugging from yesterdays build (which has caused me all sorts of problems.... I mean joy!)

Paul might be dropping an update to you all soon ;-)