Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest FilyPhanatic

Anyone experiencing issues with SMS with GE version? It's sending multiple instances of the same message. Sometimes up to 20 times. Happens intermittently.

I have a problem with that, but for me it happens for both sides and i will receive error reports "message did not send." It's the worst. I use facebook messenger for texting because of chatheads, and so i do not want to switch messaging apps. Although I tested with goSMS and I have the same problem.

Guest Lennyuk

There is a newly leaked camera app for the HTC One (sense) which has a massively improved focus as well as a "gif mode" for taking animated gifs (zoe does videos before anyone asks) and probably more I have not yet found.

I modified a zip to flash and have confirmed it works - flash from recovery when booted in sense.

Please take a backup first, I will not be responsible if it doesn't work (but there is no reason why it won't).

https://copy.com/VD4qKYFHM6F0

This brings the camera to version 5.1.620655 which is newer than even the Butterfly S camera app that some people started to use last week, and with the benefit of actually coming from a One (leak) it has all the features we expect from our One Camera apps.

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest PaulOBrien

And quite frankly no idea why I have root when I can't uninstall any bloat (ie stocks, email). Every time I switch they reappear.

Please help, apart from this I've conquered all the glitches (play store, nav bar etc) and have successful root.

Stocks and email are in the system partition so how are you uninstalling them?

Thing is I'm no dev and I can only point out flaws I see. Such as, is there not some sort of apk, to be built, that could do a backup of sms and mms logs pre switch to then restore on boot? I can't imagine it'd be that hard, hell even some sort of script in switch itself?

SMS and MMS support is coming! :)

Installed beta10 yesterday with S-ON and root package, working great. Using GPe for the most part but I have one concern, does the 4.3 GPe rom support the apt-x codec for BT music?

AptX isn't licenced for GPe as far as I know! :(

I'm also having issues with Google now/search crashing on gpe.

UPDATE: if you are having issues with Google search, and have root, simply use Titanium Backup to remove the Google search app and then reinstall it from the play store. It solved my problem and I am now running Switch with zero flaws.

Happy switching :)

Thanks, i'll look into that.

P

Guest dca1970

There is a newly leaked camera app for the HTC One (sense) which has a massively improved focus as well as a "gif mode" for taking animated gifs (zoe does videos before anyone asks) and probably more I have not yet found.

I modified a zip to flash and have confirmed it works - flash from recovery when booted in sense.

Please take a backup first, I will not be responsible if it doesn't work (but there is no reason why it won't).

https://copy.com/VD4qKYFHM6F0

This brings the camera to version 5.1.620655 which is newer than even the Butterfly S camera app that some people started to use last week, and with the benefit of actually coming from a One (leak) it has all the features we expect from our One Camera apps.

Thanks!

Guest PaulOBrien

Nah Paul that's what I'm saying, confirming that even with root I CANNOT uninstall email, stocks or Kid mode. Tis a pity coz I hate bloat

Ah, OK, that's normal. Disable the packages instead or use root explorer to delete the APKs from /system/app?

P

Guest GenShard

Yeah nup. Every time I switch they come back. Deleted from system/app in both roms. Apart from that and the sense weather sometimes needing the scheduled updating turned back on, it's fine for me.

As a question do I need to do say a rerware backup or titanium in both roms or will one suffice?

Edited by GenShard

Guest Lennyuk

Yeah nup. Every time I switch they come back. Deleted from system/app in both roms. Apart from that and the sense weather sometimes needing the scheduled updating turned back on, it's fine for me.

As a question do I need to do say a rerware backup or titanium in both roms or will one suffice?

If you delete from /system/SWITCH/(sense/gpe)/app they won't come back unless you flash the rom again.

As for your backup - if they are just user apps then one backup is sufficient, if you are backing up System apps then you may have to backup on both roms.

Guest GenShard

Just tried that and babom doesn't work.

I don't get it. I enable r/w on /system.

Delete from system/apps, system/SWITCH/Gpe-sense and on switch, Bazinga they are there

Guest Lennyuk

Just tried that and babom doesn't work.

I don't get it. I enable r/w on /system.

Delete from system/apps, system/SWITCH/Gpe-sense and on switch, Bazinga they are there

Sounds like you are having root issues to me

Open SuperSU and see if it needs a binary update - if it does select the "normal" method then try to delete the apps in /system/app again.

Guest GenShard

Chainfire reccomends a complete re root after updating to 4.3. Perhaps that is having something to do with it.

So what should I do? Reflash the root zip?

Guest PaulOBrien

A little reminder - when your device is S-ON, any changes to /system are lost after a reboot! This is probably the cause of your problem GenShard!

P

Guest Lennyuk

What exactly will this do?

Run in the background and keep my /system changes sans s off?

Runs a module on boot that disables the r/wr protection that s-on gives.

Guest GenShard

Quick question, any good market freezing apps ? Sensor player just made themselves expensive and my current version has everything free...

Too late, the un updated app is somehow fixed .

Edited by GenShard

Guest Thumper Net

Sadly had to remove switch and return to the original rom , due to a few problems , sms sending works but knowone recieves it , on the google side everything seemed to work well , only on the htc sense side was there problems , mainly lag in operations , and other small bugs , was fun having both , but for now i will have to keep my galaxy nexus for pure google , but a great idea paul , good luck on the s4,version