Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mbroeders

Any insight into the notification bar missing in GPe? Without it my GPe is basically unusable to me.

Check the faq in second post:

* To resolve this you need to clear the SystemUI data. To do this, ensure you are in GPe mode then either use a root explorer to delete /data/data/com.android.systemui or boot to recovery (from GPe mode) and run 'adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.android.systemui'. After a reboot the problem should be resolved.

Guest tomf00lery

I used zoe loads yesterday without any issues, what exactly are the problems you noticed?

The newer presets kept saying problems with original media and not loading. Old ones worked fine. I'm going beta 11 presently maybe that will help

Guest nitr01

I recently encrypted my HTC One. Now when I run he OTA switchup TWRP cannot mount /data. Is there a way to have TWRP decrypt and mount /data or another way to get around this so I can update?

Guest PaulOBrien

Any idea what might be causing it not to work properly?

Thanks!

Not currently, it's a bit odd really.

Any insight into the notification bar missing in GPe? Without it my GPe is basically unusable to me.

When in GPe, reboot to recovery and do 'adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.android.systemui' and reboot.

P

Guest robinwe97

Beta 11 running fine, but in sense Google keep crash all time and wipe data not worked, I deinstalled it at installed it new from Google play now everything work's fine .

Guest kensington133

From the changelog for beta 10, 3rd post in thread:

No wipe required - This update contains the 4.3 GPe update (release version) including location and calendar fixes. All outdated apps are updated in this release also.

So you get Android 4.3 on the GPe side, and some bug fixes in SWITCH.

Just tried it without wiping and kept getting booted into recovery, trying with a full wipe now :)

Thankfully I backed up ;)

Edit: Worked after wipe, shame I had to reinstall and place all my apps again :P

Edited by kensington133

Guest nitr01

I recently encrypted my HTC One. Now when I run he OTA switchup TWRP cannot mount /data. Is there a way to have TWRP decrypt and mount /data or another way to get around this so I can update?

Nm, did a data format and it booted back to Sense.

Guest nitr01

Nm, did a data format and it booted back to Sense.

I have a new issue post data format. I can't get it to "switch" It will not pass the "HTC Quietly" screen and run the script like it use to. Do I need to run back through the initial install steps or is there an easier way?

Guest PaulOBrien

@PaulOBrien have you played with the sense 5.0 4.3 jelly bean leak yet?

I've had a look at it, yes. It seems pretty early and has a few issues, so i'm probably not going to incorporate this version.

I have thé htc one 4g can i get switch for it? And do i need to root my HTC then?:)

Yes, no root required, follow the instructions in post 1! :)

P

Guest robinwe97

after beta 11 update i connect my HTC one to the PC and as i disconnect and switch back to gpe i lost my root and status bar disappeared. Must reinstall supersu.zip

And delete /data/data/com.android.systemui.

And error 24 changed into 'no more free space' but I have 10 GB left.

Guest Lennyuk

Flashing beta 11 will remove root you have to reapply. You already know how to fix the status bar issue - beta 12 has a workaround for that.

Market is playing up at the moment, don't assume it's the Rom.

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest robinwe97

Flashing beta 11 will remove root you have to reapply. You already know how to fix the status bar issue - beta 12 has a workaround for that.

Market is playing up at the moment, don't assume it's the Rom.

What you mean with market is playing up?

Guest Scott Kenyon

Thank you for making such an innovative rom. Everything is working great except for one issue with screen lock. If you choose to unlock with a pin and set the pin, it works fine. If you would like to revert to none, the options are unchoosable. I have no VPN, removed all credentials, and unchecked all device admins (only ADM). I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. Anyone have some insight?

post-1023973-0-85493600-1377881866_thumb

Nevermind. I'm dumb. Switch to GPe and remove the lockscreen.

Edited by Scott Kenyon

Guest riassan

I've had a look at it, yes. It seems pretty early and has a few issues, so i'm probably not going to incorporate this version.

Yeah me too Paul and it does have a few bugs, new radio works great from it

P

Guest zachthebomb13

Hi everyone. I'm new here, and am seriously considering dropping verizon and getting the t-mobile htc one. I just wanted to make sure i can do what I want to do. does this switch work with the t-mobile version of the htc one? Are there any quick concerns I need to know? I would have read the whole thread before asking, but 70+ pages is kind of steep. Thanks all!

Guest robinwe97

Yea here the same problem. Can't download beta 12

Wow that's strange. Just reboot then everything works.

Edited by robinwe97

Guest PaulOBrien

Beta 12 is now available! :) There's a LOT of changes to it to bring it in line with the S4 release, see the changelog below. I'll be updating the first post with a full install soon to avoid doing B1 / B10 / OTA.

P

Changelog

29th August 2013

• Beta 12 release - update using the OTA client when in Sense mode! No wipe required - This update brings a lot of the internal components in line with the S4 release. Changes include:
    • bin and xbin directories will no longer be lost on Switch
    • normal kernel zips can now be flashed (when in the ROM mode you wish to use it with) and it will survive switches
    • updated apps
    • updated Google Keyboard (if you have a keyboard issue first switch to GPe, go into settings and disable other keyboards)
    • accounts will no longer be wiped for new users (you will see a setup wizard the first time you boot to GPe post update, just step through the wizard)
    • sense/gpe directories are now named stock/alt
    • s-on switch zips are now signed
    • changes to support delete-on-switch as well as exclude-on-switch

Guest ApexPredation

You need b11

Oh... Well it is downloading now. I hope it flashes ok. I backed up first of coarse. I couldn't find any way to get b11 and b12 started to download so I will go with it.

Guest ApexPredation

Beta 12 up and running good so far.

Tasker app factory doesn't want to complete making an apk on sense side but does ok on GPE. but that can be some other reason.