Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bkmerrick

Second time this has happened in the past few days. Booted into recovery to make a backup. Then I booted into sense, went to switch to GPe and now im in a bootloop. it boots and then immediately says "unfortunately the process anroid.com.phone has stopped". I really dont want to have to reflash beta 1 then beta 10 then beta 12 and have to start from scratch. Any suggestions?

Restored my backup and I boot back into sense without problem. When I try to switch over the same thing happens

Just decided to reflash and start over. I think the problem is happening when I used power button and volume down to boot into recovery. Is there another way to boot to recovery if im not rooted without having this problem.

Thank you

Edited by bkmerrick

Guest Lennyuk

Paul and I tested 12 for quite a while before it was released and despite finding bugs (that were then fixed) we didn't experience any of the issues you have all been describing.

Further there is a full beta 12 build in post 1 now so you no longer have to flash beta 1-11 you can just flash the full beta 12.

If flashing the beta 12 ota never flash it more than once.

Guest PaulOBrien

The download link for the SuperSU you provided says "SWITCH.S4.SuperSU.1.51.zip" is this the version we need or is it specifically for the S4?

It works fine with Beta 12 on the One!

Damn i ask much but what do u think its the prob? When i switch to GPe it just reboot with the htc logo and then get stuck there after some reboots :(?

Did you wipe before flashing? Have you installed any modifications?

Beta 12 is a joke isn't it? I switched from sense to gpe and as i switched back from gpe my user data are wiped -.- Sense Music Player and Google Music say there is no music in my phone but when i go to root Explorer there is my music. WHAT A badword. And su binary don't survive switch but in beta 9, 10 and 11 it did. That's s***.

Please use appropriate language on the forum.

If it's local music data, the media catalogue is siloed between the two roms so you might need to wait for the catalogue to be updated on the 'other side' with new content, it shouldn't take long. You can install 'rescan media' from the Play Store to manually kick off the process.

P

Guest bkmerrick

How do I launch into recovery without root? Every time I do it by holding power and volume buttons down I run into bootloop and have to reflash everything.

Thank you

Guest robinwe97

Sorry Paul but yea

You right my media is there but all the APP settings are wiped and everything is like a factory reset without losing my media and apps completly all settings are deleted and im sure that was never so

Guest csantiago78

Sorry Paul but yea

You right my media is there but all the APP settings are wiped and everything is like a factory reset without losing my media and apps completly all settings are deleted and im sure that was never so

Dude, this is BETA... which means it is under testing, bad things can happen...

Quit whinning!

Guest PaulOBrien
How do I launch into recovery without root? Every time I do it by holding power and volume buttons down I run into bootloop and have to reflash everything.

Thank you

Turn off normally then turn on with volume down held to get the menu.

Sorry Paul but yea

No, your data certainly shouldn't be lost in Switch, media database is siloed but that shouldn't be a big issue.

Problem is i could just download beta 12 here paul has remove 1 and 10 so cant get acces to them :(

The full Beta 12 install has removed the need to flash B1/10.

P

Guest PaulOBrien
Paul i switched back to gpe and my phone bootloop thats strange isn't it ? First i lost all APP settings then bootloop ?

Yes, something is very wrong! Did you wipe before installing? Have you modified anything?

P

Guest PaulOBrien
I followed your instruct and just installed Beta 12 and now my phone jsut Bootloop :(

On a fresh install? First boot? I just reinstalled and switched twice with no issues...?

P

Guest robinwe97

Yes, something is very wrong! Did you wipe before installing? Have you modified anything?

P

No, no wipe. But modified i don't know but i installed AdAway and it pushed arround some data could it be that this app Bruck some stuff?

Guest Noel Carpel

On a fresh install? First boot? I just reinstalled and switched twice with no issues...?

P

Yes id got in to sense then when i switched to GPe it just started to bootloop and then freze :/ paul could u maybe do a video how to do it the right way so? :3

Guest PaulOBrien
Yes id got in to sense then when i switched to GPe it just started to bootloop and then freze :/ paul could u maybe do a video how to do it the right way so? :3

P

Guest PaulOBrien

No, no wipe. But modified i don't know but i installed AdAway and it pushed arround some data could it be that this app Bruck some stuff?

Yes, that certainly could have. I'd suggest trying without!

P

Guest sagarsamtani

Beta 11 gave the best battery life somehow.. 6:15 hours screen on time with power saver on.... As soon as i installed beta 12... Screen on time goes back to 4:30 :(

Guest Noel Carpel

Yes, that certainly could have. I'd suggest trying without!

P

paul should i get into recovery mode (were i got TWRP) and wipe data there? and then try to install 12 again?

Guest PaulOBrien
Beta 11 gave the best battery life somehow.. 6:15 hours screen on time with power saver on.... As soon as i installed beta 12... Screen on time goes back to 4:30 :(

The only changes between Beta 11 and 12 are literally files moving around, so the source of your battery behaviour change is elsewhere!

Okay thanks for that.

I don't had think that an ad blocker brick so mich stuff >.<

It depends what it changed, where!

paul should i get into recovery mode (were i got TWRP) and wipe data there? and then try to install 12 again?

Yes!

P