Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Freshbard

Now I have a big issue, my phone keeps staying on the white HTC One Logo !!!!!!!

what should i do ????

help me plzzzzz

Press the On/Off button during 10-15 seconds. The screen will shutdown, and when it's off, push and maintain down volume, the One will there boot in recovery mode.

Guest Lennyuk

No solutions yet for SWITCH not switching between ROM's? i'm stuck in GPe.

EDIT

Found the updated SuperSU and installed it, but it's stuck on HTC Quietly Brilliant, first logo.

EDIT 2

Reinstalled Beta 12, now phone is stuck on HTC One logo.

EDIT 3

Seeing as there's no hope for me and it's 3AM and I need to wake up somehow in the morning I'm left with just one option left... hard factory reset and start again -_-

EDIT 4

I can't even do that... it's bricked, it won't mount UGH F***

Boot to recovery - hold power and volume down to turn phone off and again to boot to bootloader, select recovery

Wipe and reflash beta 12 - or any other rom

A brick means it is a hardware issue and is unrecoverable, you won't be bricked from using SWITCH.

Guest Mahyar_a77

Press the On/Off button during 10-15 seconds. The screen will shutdown, and when it's off, push and maintain down volume, the One will there boot in recovery mode.

I did it and I restored my previous ROM, but now I have only Sense 5 !!!

Guest Freshbard

I did it and I restored my previous ROM, but now I have only Sense 5 !!!

And ?

If your old ROM was a stock One ROM before installing the Switch ROM, do not expect to the Gpe Rom to re appear magically :)

Guest Freshbard

@lennyuk and paul

Do you have some informations regarding a new update? Even if beta12 works fine for some user, since the beginning of Switch, this beta have the bigger number of failed reported there :)

Guest Lennyuk

@lennyuk and paul

Do you have some informations regarding a new update? Even if beta12 works fine for some user, since the beginning of Switch, this beta have the bigger number of failed reported there :)

Paul is looking into it but we are struggling to reproduce any of the issues people are describing.

The only one we could re-produce was the failing to switch, which was a super-su issue and has now been fixed.

For those with bootloop issues all we can suggest for now is to try a full wipe and do not alter or restore any system files and see if you are still bootlooping then.

Guest Freshbard

Yes I am unfortunately :(

I already did a lot of totalwipping of the system. No matter how I configure first the One (in Sense or Gpe ROM) at the second or third boot, the bootloop comes back.

It still stucked at the First HTC logo and noteven succeed in displaying the One boot logo.

Is there a way I can dump something for you to see what happens in my phone ?

Do you think it's possible too to obtain the beta 11 old link in order to have a working phone :P ?

I can make test for you if needed but I'll need to have an available phone for my contacts to reach me ;)

Guest Sebianoti

Boot to recovery - hold power and volume down to turn phone off and again to boot to bootloader, select recovery

Wipe and reflash beta 12 - or any other rom

A brick means it is a hardware issue and is unrecoverable, you won't be bricked from using SWITCH.

Wiped, reflashed beta 12, stuck on HTC Quietly Brilliant.

Guest deeevan

Here to report that updating to beta 12 seems fine. I don't know what's different for the others, but here's what I did:

Using cwm 6.0.3.2 classic recovery

- Wipe cache

- Wipe data/factory reset

- Install beta 12 fresh

- Install super su

- Reboot

Skip through HTC setup

Switch to gpe

Setup google account. I did not have backups to google set previously, but said yes this times

Some apps auto updated, didn't do anything else in gpe

Switched a few times to check for bootloops. Back to Sense

Restore missing apps and data from TiBU

Restore HTC Sense and messaging storage from Helium

Switched to gpe and back to Sense

Edited by deeevan

Guest Sebianoti

Yes I am unfortunately :(

I already did a lot of totalwipping of the system. No matter how I configure first the One (in Sense or Gpe ROM) at the second or third boot, the bootloop comes back.

It still stucked at the First HTC logo and noteven succeed in displaying the One boot logo.

Is there a way I can dump something for you to see what happens in my phone ?

Do you think it's possible too to obtain the beta 11 old link in order to have a working phone :P ?

I can make test for you if needed but I'll need to have an available phone for my contacts to reach me ;)

At least you can boot into either GPe or Sense... i can't boot into either, i can't mount my phone to install another rom either.

Guest mbroeders

Tried Switch in the past and was really enjoying it. However, in the GPe rom I had this feeling that WhatsApp wasn't working properly. Messages were sent and received, but often with a slight delay. Now it could really be just a WhatsApp issue, but could it also have anything to do with the radio? I read a previous post where someone flashed the 4.3 GPe radio which helped him with his issues. Normally I don't mess with the radio, but just checking: is the normal 4.2.2 Sense rom-radio working fine for everyone? Sorry if this is too off-topic, but i just want to make sure I won't get signal loss when switching back to Switch :) Thanks!

Edited by mbroeders

Guest PaulOBrien

So good news (so far) for those with the SMS issue...

I flashed the newest GPE radio here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=44234180&postcount=170.

Clean installed latest beta and root. Restored all apps from Titanium. Restored text messages from SMS Backup. Removed Ad-away (not sure if it was related, but I've seen people complaining about MMS issues with Ad-away).

Booted into GPE and everything is working nice. The first text I used to send from GPE would always get stuck "Sending" then I'd get the Android notification/warning saying an app was sending a high volume of messages.

Not sure if the AT&T guys can flash that radio or not. Or it might just be Ad-away. Either way, all's well for now :)

Thanks Paul for the best of both worlds!

Ooh, that's cool, can anyone confirm?

Was running well for a few days after installing Beta 12 and was switching from both roms without any problems but starting just now when i try to switch it boost back into the same rom .

Reinstall SuperSU 1.55 from the first post.

No solutions yet for SWITCH not switching between ROM's? i'm stuck in GPe.

EDIT

Found the updated SuperSU and installed it, but it's stuck on HTC Quietly Brilliant, first logo.

EDIT 2

Reinstalled Beta 12, now phone is stuck on HTC One logo.

EDIT 3

Seeing as there's no hope for me and it's 3AM and I need to wake up somehow in the morning I'm left with just one option left... hard factory reset and start again -_-

EDIT 4

I can't even do that... it's bricked, it won't mount UGH F***

So even on a fresh install of B12 yours won't boot? :-S

@lennyuk and paul

I am trying everything I can to try and recreate the issues discussed here. Watch this space!

Tried Switch in the past and was really enjoying it. However, in the GPe rom I had this feeling that WhatsApp wasn't working properly. Messages were sent and received, but often with a slight delay. Now it could really be just a WhatsApp issue, but could it also have anything to do with the radio? I read a previous post where someone flashed the 4.3 GPe radio which helped him with his issues. Normally I don't mess with the radio, but just checking: is the normal 4.2.2 Sense rom-radio working fine for everyone? Sorry if this is too off-topic, but i just want to make sure I won't get signal loss when switching back to Switch :) Thanks!

Try on WiFi, that should rule a data issue out?

P

Guest Sebianoti

Ooh, that's cool, can anyone confirm?

Reinstall SuperSU 1.55 from the first post.

So even on a fresh install of B12 yours won't boot? :-S

I am trying everything I can to try and recreate the issues discussed here. Watch this space!

Try on WiFi, that should rule a data issue out?

P

Only booted on a fresh after i hard factory reset and installed it again.

Guest y2jdmbfan

So good news (so far) for those with the SMS issue...

I flashed the newest GPE radio here: http://forum.xda-dev...0&postcount=170.

Clean installed latest beta and root. Restored all apps from Titanium. Restored text messages from SMS Backup. Removed Ad-away (not sure if it was related, but I've seen people complaining about MMS issues with Ad-away).

Booted into GPE and everything is working nice. The first text I used to send from GPE would always get stuck "Sending" then I'd get the Android notification/warning saying an app was sending a high volume of messages.

Not sure if the AT&T guys can flash that radio or not. Or it might just be Ad-away. Either way, all's well for now :)

Thanks Paul for the best of both worlds!

I just tried this minus the ad-away stuff and it doesn't work to fix MMS on AT&T.

Y2J

i'm having the same boot cycle issue as everyone else. This is what I did:

1. Boot after installation. Setup HTC account with restore. Switched after finishing setup (before all apps are restored).

2. GPe boot okay. Setup phone. Switch again.

3. Finished restoring apps and data (using Helium). Switch again.

4. GPe booted up to the SIM card pin screen. Message "com.android.phone has stopped working". Then phone goes into GPe boot cycle.

I have wiped and reinstalled everything three times already. All with the same results. I will have to skip Beta 12 for now and wait for a fix.

A few things that I'd like to note:

1. Home screen - how can I add or remove screens in GPe? Long tap will give a pop up to change the wallpaper not to edit the homescreen.

2. The boot cycle - could it be due to some apps not supported in both Sense and GPe? Especially messenger apps like whatsapp, viber or Line? I have not had the chance to test whether these will work in both environments since everytime I want to try, it goes into boot cycle.

Guest -fakker-

I've done a factory reset, installed HTC's 4.3 Sense 5... installed Beta12 and it just sits on the HTC One logo. I had no issues before with Beta8, Beta12 seems to do nothing for me though, I'm guessing it's due to the 4.3 roms that I'm running? Is switch specific to 4.2.x?

I've looked in /system for SWITCH folder that it created before, but don't seem to see it. Any ideas?

Guest Lennyuk
A few things that I'd like to note:

1. Home screen - how can I add or remove screens in GPe? Long tap will give a pop up to change the wallpaper not to edit the homescreen.

2. The boot cycle - could it be due to some apps not supported in both Sense and GPe? Especially messenger apps like whatsapp, viber or Line? I have not had the chance to test whether these will work in both environments since everytime I want to try, it goes into boot cycle.

Google's stock launcher doesn't have an edit screen you just have to make use of what you have or use another launcher like nova.