Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest pau1alva

When switching to GPe I noticed that I have a System Update Available. Should I avoiding doing the update? Will beta 14 have this included? Don't want to cause any havoc!

Guest kolt2000

Have you looked in settings, mobile data, network mode to make sure GSM / WCDMA /LTE auto is selected? When I first installed switch it seems like this wasn't selected for me.

Thanks for the tip, but yes, it is enabled but that does not change anything :(

Thanks for the tip, but yes, it is enabled but that does not change anything :(

both roms are from the M7_UL variant (which is the International LTE variant) - there is no reason in regards the roms as to why LTE should not be working.

Everything works fine so far, the only thing that's not working is LTE/4G. I have a german/Vodafone One and LTE does not appear although it did with the stock ROM. I already updated the radio (4A.19.3263.13_10.38j.1157.04L )...

Thanks for any help!

I assume you're unable to get LTE in a variety of locations? Are you in a weak reception area? I've found my original radio is the best at maintaining LTE where I live. Your results will vary, but the latest radio is not necessarily the best.

If you update the radio on your One make sure you update to one from an M7_UL variant, flashing a radio from an M7_U may stop LTE working.

Try to force LTE via *#*#4636#*#*

Guest MENINBLK

Yes you enable NFC in the settings and then it should work - the sensor is just under the camera on the HTC One.

If it is still not working for you then you will have to try a full wipe and re-flash as there is no reason why NFC will not work with SWITCH (like I said before, I personally tested it on all versions and use it every day).

You will never have an NFC icon on your notification bar whilst using SWITCH (or most generic stock, or custom roms).

Thanks Lenny,

I tried it again and it works. I think the problem is that the NFC commercials are misleading and that NFC is not as fast as we think it is.

After waiting a little longer, and patiently, I was able to see a file transferred from a Windows 8 Phone to my HTC ONE.

It works, but it takes longer than I was expecting.

Thanks again.

Hello,

I am on an htc one with S-off and root, I wiped my actual sense 5 rom then installed beta 13 with root support and boot. First it did well, it boot into sense and went to setup page but things got worst when i wanted to switch to GPe. It reboot and then went to the normal htc sense boot logo not the google one and get stuck for more than 10 minutes. I rebooted it several times, backup and flash it again but it didnt work. I have disabled fast boot.

I dont know if it's relevent but i flash a different kernel ( to map the htc logo : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2307371 )

I restored my backup and i hope you guys will help me figure out how to fix it :)

Thanks in advance, Nowahe

Anyone ?

I cant take a logcat when it reboot for GPe because it just stay in booting screen. And i noticed something else, its that in the /data/switch i just have folder exclude and delete and file : boot, busybox, reboo, sqlite3.

And when I install this rom, my htc logo is unmapped again.

Edit : I have the logcat file when booting into sense but its 5mo so I dont know if it's relevent

Edited by nowahe

Guest perfectB

When switching to GPe I noticed that I have a System Update Available. Should I avoiding doing the update? Will beta 14 have this included? Don't want to cause any havoc!

I make the notification disappear by tapping it and letting it fail. It doesn't actually update.

Guest pau1alva

No one knows an answer to this?

Guest tomf00lery

please help!!! been without a phone for 2 days!! i failed to update to beta 13 and went into a bootloop upon switch. had no back up and i cant get adb push or sideload to work!! what gives anyone know what would cause adb to fail?

Guest tomf00lery

please help!!! been without a phone for 2 days!! i failed to update to beta 13 and went into a bootloop upon switch. had no back up and i cant get adb push or sideload to work!! what gives anyone know what would cause adb to fail?

sideload hangs at 1% forever and push creates a file but my freespace never changes and it hangs too

Does it actually fail or are you just not waiting long enough - Push is VERY slow.

Guest tomf00lery

well 24 hrs or straight trying and 4 computers later i went back to the comp that i had pushed beta 1 on and pushed beta 1 instead of 13 and it went right through first time... anyone know if i can use custom kernel like elementalx?

Guest tomf00lery

well 24 hrs or straight trying and 4 computers later i went back to the comp that i had pushed beta 1 on and pushed beta 1 instead of 13 and it went right through first time... anyone know if i can use custom kernel like elementalx?

if so should i flash the sense version or GPe version of kernel???

Guest tomf00lery

since updating to beta 13 upon first flash i lost status bar and home button functionality.

fixed: adb shell rm -r /data/system/users

installed elementalx gpe version after reboot to recovery from gpe side. no problems yet

I cant take a logcat when it reboot for GPe because it just stay in booting screen. And i noticed something else, its that in the /data/switch i just have folder exclude and delete and file : boot, busybox, reboo, sqlite3.

And when I install this rom, my htc logo is unmapped again.

Edit : I have the logcat file when booting into sense but its 5mo so I dont know if it's relevent

I uploaded the logcat of when i boot into sense here : http://www.mediafire.com/?plikg05oya8i1ob if anyone is interested

Guest tomf00lery

fixed: adb shell rm -r /data/system/users

installed elementalx gpe version after reboot to recovery from gpe side. no problems yet

stike that many problems... anyone know of kernels that will work with switch? looking for better battery performance/fast charging... overclocking a plus