Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest inthenite42

One thing I will do for Beta 6 is make it possible to see which release you are on from the settings - about menu. I'm also going to add auto over-the-air updating for the Switcher app.

P

That little part at the end totally makes this that much more awesome. So I did your fix thing for the widgets and it worked, but I'm only on Beta 4. Will flashing to beta 5 break this?

Guest Seraphic

Another bug Paul - Flickr for HTC Sense and Instagram for HTC Sense (probably LinkedIn for HTC Sense too) settings do not survive a switch. This is when you add them either via Blinkfeed options or via 'accounts & sync'.

Further to this, I think 'Accounts & Sync' needs a good looking at in general. Some accounts that have been added don't show up in this list after a switch. Weather is an example. Another (more important) one is Exchange Activesync. The HTC Mail app appears to work but this is no longer showing in the 'accounts & sync' section.

Non-HTC accounts do appear to show correctly; including Dropbox, Google and Twitter.

Edited by Seraphic

Guest csantiago78

Please run this adb command. I am currently investigating.

Hey Paul,

Sorry, before catching this I did another run with the beta1+beta4+su and it worked like a charm.

Only issue that I could notice was that the blinkfeed feeds were in arabic language. If you want I can go back to just Beta1+SU and run the adb to check that out or just update to Beta5. Just let me know.

Cheers!

Guest ste1164

Found an issue with exchange email/all email on the GE rom. When I switch I lose the email account. My account is an exchange account for my uni. @durham.ac.uk and when I switch to sense and then back to GE I lose the account and have to re-add it. The account stays on the sense rom even after switching.

Guest inthenite42

Can I flash Franco-kernel for GPE ROM? Idk if it is even compatible with HTC GPE yet but is it possible to flash a custom kernel or no?

Guest JanarP
Can I flash Franco-kernel for GPE ROM? Idk if it is even compatible with HTC GPE yet but is it possible to flash a custom kernel or no?

Well I flashed elementalx kernel for sense and all is good here... Don't know what hapends when I switch rom

Edit: tried to switch into GE Rom ... No luck... Probably kernel broke that...

Edited by JanarP

Guest jawonder

I know there is a fix but i did a fresh install and found that if i flash beta1 boot up then flash beta5 i don't have the home button problem, seems flashing the other betas before 5 might be the cause .

Edited by jawonder

Guest inthenite42

I know there is a fix but i did a fresh install and found that if i flash beta1 boot up then flash beta5 i don't have the home button problem, seems flash the other betas before 5 might be the cause .

Interesting note. Good find.

On another note, after about a bazillion reboots and tests, I find my biggest problem is syncing. Constantly wavers in and out. I'll get a notification that I got a message, but not the actual message. It's coming along great though. Keep it up!

Guest NeidRider

Paul explained that a bit further up the thread. If you want a custom kernel, don't flash, but copy the bootimage to /system/SWITCH/(sense|gpe)/boot/boot.img, and then perform a switch for it to become active.

As you already got to know, you have to be careful, tho. I tried yesterday with faux123 and successfully got it running in GPE, but WiFi broke and switch wasn't possible anymore. Could have to do with some specifics in how those kernels handle the boot (or ramimage, according to Paul, I believe).

I will probably do some testing today, as I see massively reduces batterylife with stock compared to the faux kernel.

Guest DanRyb

Thanks for the invite Paul! Haven't had TOO much time to play around yet but so far so good. I had the widgets issue mentioned in the thread using the stock launchers but after pushing that FlipSwitch.apk that was posted, those issues have been resolved.

Someone else mentioned the Instagram in BlinkFeed setting doesn't survive switches and I, too, am having that problem. But I do see you think you have a fix for that. :)

The only suggestion I'm wondering if I can make is if some of the Google apps that are now offered in the Play Store not be included in the ROM? At least in GPE? I say this because I prefer the Google Calendar app and it was in /system/app on the gpe side. Booted into Sense, I was able to install from the Play Store and get working, but it didn't survive switching. I ended up having to remove the CalendarGoogle.apk from gpe's system/app and then install once more from the Play store. No other apps have given me a problem at this point. :) I have noticed the Google Keyboard isn't attached to the Market on either Sense or GPE. Not a huge deal, just curious if/when Google pushes an update to that app, if I will see it in Play Store?

Anyway, minor things. All and all this is AWESOME and thanks so much for the work into this. It's so cool to be able to switch back and forth and have best of both worlds. :)

Guest NeidRider

I have created an experimental Switcher app update for experts to try out. :) This adds siloing of wallpaper and widget settings to each ROM.

Widgets and settings are now fixed, but for me it keeps switching wallpapers.

Using stock launchers on both ROMs.

And, a little OT: is there any way to limit GPE to 3G? I don't have sufficient LTE coverage where I live/work, and this keeps draining the battery.

Guest NeidRider

One strange find with Bluetooth:

I had to re-pair my car this morning, even though it was listed in the paired devices; when I switched ROM the pairing was still there, but the phone was unable to connect again.

Force-connecting via the car finally worked, without another pairing. Will do some more testing tonight.

Guest battletank

A great ROM and a brilliant idea - thanks Paul.

I have a couple of minor but somewhat annoying issues to report:

1. I have Xposed installed in Sense, however 'app_process' is lost after each switch, requiring a reinstall and reboot.

2. I installed Google Calendar in Sense, however it is removed after switching.

Guest nezorflame

Hey Paul, thx for the invite!

Have a problem with restoring apps with Titanium - if I restore them in Sense and then boot to GE, it hangs up. Though I didn't try to restore them one by one yet, at work atm.

Did anyone face this problem?

Guest agentdr8

Have a problem with restoring apps with Titanium - if I restore them in Sense and then boot to GE, it hangs up. Though I didn't try to restore them one by one yet, at work atm.

I just restored my apps via TiBu in Sense, switched to GE, and now I'm stuck on the white HTC boot screen :(

Guest nezorflame

I just restored my apps via TiBu in Sense, switched to GE, and now I'm stuck on the white HTC boot screen :(

Yeah, u're in the same situation as me. Seems for now restoring with Titanium is a no-go.

P.S. Maybe we could try Helium...

Edited by nezorflame

Guest agentdr8

i downloaded twice and i get d3785575a47f5a543cf98a9f6f486ae6 both times. :wacko:

That's the md5 I got both times too, so I just went with it.

Guest PaulOBrien

I have a couple of minor but somewhat annoying issues to report:

1. I have Xposed installed in Sense, however 'app_process' is lost after each switch, requiring a reinstall and reboot.

2. I installed Google Calendar in Sense, however it is removed after switching.

1. Yes, i'll make a change to resolve this in a later Beta.

2. You need to remove GoogleCalendar.apk from /system/SWITCH/gpe/app/ then reboot and install and it will stick!

I suspect TB is doing something that Switch doesn't like then, not sure what though!

Another possible bug - notification light doesnt seem to be working for SMS notifications on the Sense rom.

I'll look into that.

P

Guest mrbrutesnip

Jawonder, could you try this:

adb shell /data/SWITCH/reboot
(which will reboot the device) and see if it switches on the next attempt? If not, try this:
adb shell /data/SWITCH/sense/firstrun.sense

(which will also reboot the device) and see if it switches on the next attempt?

Hopefully the first one will work, else the second certainly should.

P

I'm also stuck on the Sense ROM.

How can I run the above commands without root? Can I run them via terminal emulator?