[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KriszWake

Sorry, this will be a dumb question i think, But if the builtin storage is blocked(?) than is there any way to acces it? I mean i can see it with any file browser as usbdisk0, but i fail to move any files to the storage. The original file browser create the copied file, but they corrupted. Tried the android version of Total Commander, but it says, there is no enough free space, even if i copy a song or an .apk. Any ideas, or the best one is to forget that storage for now? :D

Guest GizmoTheGreen

and what now ? do i need to factory reset and flash the rom again ?

just reinstall the rom should be fine.

format /system then install rom and gapps.

there should be no need for you to factory reset

Edited by GizmoTheGreen

Guest xristos678

Hi all, does anyone know tell me why I always random reboots after installing this rum, sorry for the Italian translation are

i had random reboots too in the past but it wasn't the roms. It was a loose connection of the battery. the solution was to fasten it with a folded piece of paper.

Guest martinmax

Hello , is it possible using the Camera application without an SD Card . Everytime i try to use the camera it says : insert an sd card before using the camera

Guest 3lacksnow

Maybe a stupid question. How do I disable volume buttons when phone is locked?

You can only change music volume at locked sceen and if i kow well you cant disable it

Guest mike1993

dear konstat

i have now a week ago installed the newest rom above one 10.2 and i have a few comments:

1. I work for years already with SLIDEIT keyboard. now whenever i want to write something the following sentence appears in a black note: ("android keyboard (aosp)"was finished. ok) - it is impossible to erase or put away the original keyboard!?

2. my device became now much slower than before - is there a solution to repair this??

i appreciate very much your work and help to all users of your very good product! thanks in advance for your help!

the first problem is solved! just go to settings, applications, all applications, aops keyboard - disable it and all will be perfect!

might be that this will also help speeding up the devise, since it will not anymore search for this disabled keyboard!

Edited by mike1993

Just noticed this.  In Acqua the front camera rotates upside down.

In portrait mode picture was fixed in the last version + patch.  But rotating the phone sideways will give an upside picture.

Guest pedjos83

one question, which themes can I download, once I download theme "ubuntu cm10" but when I choose this theme error popup and tell me that I download wrong resolution...

Guest 3lacksnow

one question, which themes can I download, once I download theme "ubuntu cm10" but when I choose this theme error popup and tell me that I download wrong resolution...

But you can apply the theme, or not? I tried themes, and get the same message, but the theme worked well.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

hey konsta, can you increase sound volume by 30%

Got safe headset volume on have you?

Settings --> Sounds --> Volumes --> Safe headset volume is probably ticked?

Untick it, and agree to the waiver.

Guest epyloxias

Got safe headset volume on have you?

Settings --> Sounds --> Volumes --> Safe headset volume is probably ticked?

Untick it, and agree to the waiver.

Ι think he means the loudspeaker.

Guest PumaPerez

sorry if mentioned before, tried to search, but no relevant results. after call (and actually while calling) my screen remains black. there was some proximity sensor fixes for other devices. is there something like this out also for blade 3/this rom?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I'm not certain. That should just be fixable by turning the volume up?! The safe headset volume on the other hand shortens the decibel level by about the aforementioned amount. Is it just me, or am I the only one that finds it ironic that manufacturer/phone carrier bureaucracies don't give a sh!t, but CyanogenMod, being the community-minded Corporate citizen they are, extend us this courtesy? No. I'm not. I can just feel it.

sorry if mentioned before, tried to search, but no relevant results. after call (and actually while calling) my screen remains black. there was some proximity sensor fixes for other devices. is there something like this out also for blade 3/this rom?

Yep. The same as the one given out by KonstaT on the CM 10.1 thread. Its an init.d script that calibrates the proximity sensor at every boot-up. I ought to have it since I complained about it the most on this thread until he shut me up :D

So here is the fix

Scroll down a bit until you get to KonstaT answering thmnss' question, and download proxycal.zip

If you look inside it, you'll see that the binary and init.d script could be applied to most (if not all) phones with init.d enabled/available. I'm not sure about your LGP500 though ;)

As an aside, the most bizarre behaviour I've seen before applying the fix was the phone rebooting while in the middle of a phone call - and the call didn't disconnect! Only happened once, but the callee couldn't understand why I was laughing away whilst discussing a rather serious matter! But how could you help it when you're staring at your boot animation! Truly strange.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest PumaPerez

thank you sir for your help ;) and lol@story with rebooting. hope this not gonna be my case :)

i tried to flash the zip via recovery and CWM says installation successful, so i hope thats it.

Edited by PumaPerez

Guest MJonMoDaCo

thank you sir for your help ;) and lol@story with rebooting. hope this not gonna be my case :)

i tried to flash the zip via recovery and CWM says installation successful, so i hope thats it.

No worries. Its good to know the fix is available. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results. I'm thinking more of init.d scripts about now. This one (proxycal) was 4Kb in total (binary + script). Stunning.

Guest kresimirn

Yea...its in general quite phone....and on other alcatel sound is very very louder...all on max on both phones and sound is from same source.

And more than few times I didn't hear sound from loudspeaker when someone called me..

Edited by kresimirn

Guest epyloxias

Yea...its in general quite phone....and on other alcatel sound is very very louder...all on max on both phones and sound is from same source.

And more than few times I didn't hear sound from loudspeaker when someone called me..

Yeap! Same thing for me too!!! I asked earlier if anyone knows how to "fix" it but I got no answer. :(

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Yeah I suppose its not the greatest to be fair, but an easy workaround would be to use powered speakers. Its certainly loud enough with headphones, and because of the waiver I just mentioned, I'm not so sure he'd be able to do as you wanted. But since you're not using those then powered (even battery operated) speakers are your best chance.

Guest kresimirn

i think (idk) he can, because few(many) years ago....there was a K800i :)

and i modded camera,sound, in one file was a config that rise sound from loudspeaker greatly.

:) to carry with me an amplifier with 10kW speakers on trolley 

Guest MJonMoDaCo

i think (idk) he can, because few(many) years ago....there was a K800i :)

and i modded camera,sound, in one file was a config that rise sound from loudspeaker greatly.

:) to carry with me an amplifier with 10kW speakers on trolley

The K800 isn't even an android phone. If he was to do this, then everybody who downloads the ROM must have these new settings. I'm not suggesting that you carry around your speakers on a trolley! If they're that big then perhaps you should connect your phone to the stereo they belong to! But any change that KonstaT makes should be acceptable by all those that download it. Having oversized, unpowered speakers isn't actually anybody else's problem. I stopped using my portable unpowered speakers because of the same issue, and got me portable battery powered ones for when I care to use them. In truth the PC speakers I have work great, and if I didn't need them for my PC they'd be perfect, as they have both AC and battery input. This is really what you're after...

Guest kresimirn

you dont get me....

example.....washing dishes, im listening fox news live tv on net, showering, same thing (fox), put phone in bag....its not my center life to carry portable speaker around with me, no thx.

just sayin...if he can increase sound from loudspeaker by idk, 30-50%, and not to damage speaker (and choose to limit or not that "perk") its fine with me, if not, again, fine with me....

thats all folks

Guest MJonMoDaCo

you dont get me....

example.....washing dishes, im listening fox news live tv on net, showering, same thing (fox), put phone in bag....its not my center life to carry portable speaker around with me, no thx.

just sayin...if he can increase sound from loudspeaker by idk, 30-50%, and not to damage speaker (and choose to limit or not that "perk") its fine with me, if not, again, fine with me....

thats all folks

I certainly get you now. By the looks of things, you certainly get the limitations of what you're asking for: it can't be too loud or it could damage the speaker. Considering the background noise you've just mentioned, I doubt you're going to get much headway here. Its probably a hard ask since phone loudspeakers aren't really designed to be louder than a running shower or clanging dishes. I know you mightn't like it, but getting those speakers is an easy workaround... Besides:

You can either fix things yourself (like it's said in the first post since the day one) or use something that works on your device (I'd highly recommend sticking with stock ROM for you).

I'll find other ways to continue my hobby but I'm done with internet message boards. I'm out.(emphasis added -MJ)

I'm really not sure if he's even coming back. He probably is, but I'm not sure of the reception you'll get. Good luck. You'll probably need it.