Beta 2: MoDaCo.SWITCH S4 i9505 support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nEUTRon666

Sounds like your recovery image isn't flashing properly. Which device do you have? A i9505?

P

Correct. German I9505. I now even tried philz's recovery, same result. Can't believe 2 recoveries are not flashing correctly, besides that, if i restore my previously made backup with twrp and/or phil'z, everything is back to the backup state. What else could i try ?

EDIT: Also checked the MD5 sums of the files i downloaded, they match.

Edited by nEUTRon666

Guest mdingemanse

Sorry, but whatever i do (flashed the files several times now) it's not booting to GPe Mode. It reboots, then i'm in the samsung rom again. I don't know what i could try else..

Got the same thing until i did a format cache/system inside Philz_touch (based on cwm 6.0.3.7) and factory wipe and did a complete install of the TW rom, reboot recovery and then install GPe rom. That did it for me!

To format inside philz_touch you need to go to: recovery -> mounts and storage -> choose format cache and format system.

I also did format data buth then the internal sd is wiped!

All is working though!

For the OTA update you need to go to recovery again and install zip from sd card ->browse to: /ota update/download and then choose the xxxx.zip file, reboot and your fine!

Thats what i got.

Edited by mdingemanse

Guest Christo0908

Did anyone find a fix for not being able to boot into GPe? I tried the following steps 6 times and still no luck, sometimes it just hangs on the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 boot screen. The closest I got is installing, it let me do the Switch once and then never did it again after that.

1) Flashed PhilzTouch via Odin

2) Wiped data/factory reset via Clean install to new ROM.

3) Wiped cache/dalvik cache.

4) Flashed Beta1part1.zip.

5) Restarted to recovery (as every time I tried to flash part 2 without rebooting it said unable to read (bad)

6) Flashed Beta1part2.zip (after the reboot).

7) Flashed SuperSUroot.

8) Rebooted and completed TouchWiz setup.

9a) Tried using Switch app before updating to Beta2, hangs on boot screen or boots back into Touchwiz.

9b) Repeated steps 1-8 and updated straight to Beta2, tried Switch, same outcome (occasionally works once then doesn't work again)

Any suggestions? I don't want to use the TWRP recovery because every time I use that one it keeps saying E:/unable to mount data/data

Guest nEUTRon666

Ok i guess i found it. I think this is the same, if you use philz's or TWRP. Go into the recovery, if you want to try to use your current rom, ONLY wipe cache and dalvik-cache, if you want to start clear wipe data and system too.

1. Install the ZIP part 1, NOW reboot the phone into RECOVERY again.

2. Flash part2, reboot system now.

3. If you want to use the root zip reboot into RECOVERY again (3rd time) and flash root.

This is the way this worked for me now.

I can now perfectly well switch to GPe and back. I guess the tricky part is to NOT flash part1, part2 and optional root zip after each other, you need to reboot to the recovery again.

On a side note (already reported) if you switch from GPe to Samsung Facebook sync needs to be done again and the samsung account want's to be installed again.

Guest mdingemanse

Did anyone find a fix for not being able to boot into GPe? I tried the following steps 6 times and still no luck, sometimes it just hangs on the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 boot screen. The closest I got is installing, it let me do the Switch once and then never did it again after that.

1) Flashed PhilzTouch via Odin

2) Wiped data/factory reset via Clean install to new ROM.

3) Wiped cache/dalvik cache.

4) Flashed Beta1part1.zip.

5) Restarted to recovery (as every time I tried to flash part 2 without rebooting it said unable to read (bad)

6) Flashed Beta1part2.zip (after the reboot).

7) Flashed SuperSUroot.

8) Rebooted and completed TouchWiz setup.

9a) Tried using Switch app before updating to Beta2, hangs on boot screen or boots back into Touchwiz.

9b) Repeated steps 1-8 and updated straight to Beta2, tried Switch, same outcome (occasionally works once then doesn't work again)

Any suggestions? I don't want to use the TWRP recovery because every time I use that one it keeps saying E:/unable to mount data/data

Try format cache/system inside philz_touch. Reboot recovery ->mounts and storage ->format system/cache, do a factory wipe and reinstall part 1 and 2.

Guest nEUTRon666

Contacts app on GPe ROM ist force-closing, i'm on beta2. Any way to fix this ? I also got the sim-unlocking bug twice now, don't know where it comes from, but some 4.2 and 4.3 GPe ROM's on XDA have the same problems.

Found something else. I'm using Google+ and Hangout's a lot, Hangout are not synched between Computer/Smartphone, i also don't get push messages through hangout, all on GPe side, Samsung works.

Edited by nEUTRon666

Guest nEUTRon666

Do not flash Switch with Philz recovery, it will say that part 2 is a bad zip. Use TWRP and flash both zips at the same time.

That is not correct and is the part where i discovered WHY i hadn't any success with flashing before, with TWRP and/or philz. Read my post above. Flash part 1, reboot to recovery again, flash part 2, reboot to recovery again, flash root part. Done. Works...i guess for TWRP it's the same, at least for people having the same problems like me before.

Guest Eloi Sarrazin

1. Installer cwm recorvery via odin

2. Faite un recovery data

3. Installer zip1

4. Reboot en recovery

5. Installer zip2

6. Reboot en recorvery

7. Installer superuser

8. Reboot systheme ( en selectionnent no)

9. Finir l’installation du telephone

10. Sélectionner switch et aller sur la rom google

11. Faite l’installation

12. Revenez sur la rom touchwiz

13. Installer la mise à jour

14. Vous allé avoir une erreur dans le recorvery

15. Sélectionner :installer update from external sd

16. Aller dans ota update/download/non de la mise à jour

17. Installer

18. Redémarrer le système

19. Tout marche J

Guest Michael Latman

What happens when you try?

My device boots to a Google logo and never proceeds. Apparently there is something about the google edition about partition sizes of the system partition.

I'm going to test this now that I have completely reinstalled, but have anyone else tried installing the 3Minit mod yet?

and is there a chance this could be made compatible if it doesn't work as of yet?

Guest Eloi Sarrazin

I found a problem is that the Samsung keypad ago correcting words on the black banner at the top of the keyboard.

An update if possible ? (beta 3 ;) )

Guest homen3

I can't get the rom boot, the phone reboots to recovery after a long bootloader wait (like 10/15 secs).

I flashed using CWM, zip1 / reboot / zip2 / reboot (I didn't flash root).

Any idea?

Galaxy i9505

Edited by homen3

Guest PaulOBrien

Contacts app on GPe ROM ist force-closing, i'm on beta2. Any way to fix this ? I also got the sim-unlocking bug twice now, don't know where it comes from, but some 4.2 and 4.3 GPe ROM's on XDA have the same problems.

Found something else. I'm using Google+ and Hangout's a lot, Hangout are not synched between Computer/Smartphone, i also don't get push messages through hangout, all on GPe side, Samsung works.

Clearing data on the contacts app should resolve it. re: the SIM unlocking bug, I guess we need to find which package that uses for it's data and add an exclusion. Maybe com.android.phone?

SD card isn't mounting, everything else seems to be working fine though.

Anyone else? SD seems OK here.

I'm going to test this now that I have completely reinstalled, but have anyone else tried installing the 3Minit mod yet?

and is there a chance this could be made compatible if it doesn't work as of yet?

Which files does the 3Minit mod modify?

I found a problem is that the Samsung keypad ago correcting words on the black banner at the top of the keyboard.

How do you mean? Screenshot?

Email Sync is disabled when returning from a Switch to TW.

Has to be re enabled in the settings.

This is a known issue to be resolved in a future release.

P

Guest roanitas

That's what I should have the samsung keyboard like that of Google keyboard: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Another problem samsung hub does not work (mandatory parameter not found in 1101)

Hello all !

same for me.

the rest is perfect.

There exists an alternative to Foldermount our gameloft size and other intensive games?

thx for this exellent work !

Guest nEUTRon666

Issues so far, for me:

GPe Rom:

- Sim-Unlock not always works

- Contacts app force closes

- Hangouts don't work correctly. I can send messages, but don't receive any. If i log out of Hangouts and log back in i get a badge of messages. I can send again, but don't receive anything again.

This is a show stopper for me.

- Switchup app not available

Samsung Rom:

- When switch back from GPe Facebook needs to setup sync again, E-Mail sync is off

- Some apps seem to disappear (Google Drive, Books, Movies, some others)

- Samsung accounts needs to be re-entered

- Samsung Hub errors

In general i believe you should make the install process a bit clearer. For me i need to reboot at each step of the parts to flash, else it won't work at all. I'll update this list if i find more.

Edited by nEUTRon666

Guest Eloi Sarrazin

That's what I should have the samsung keyboard like that of Google keyboard: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Another problem samsung hub does not work (mandatory parameter not found in 1101)