Beta 2: MoDaCo.SWITCH S4 i9505 support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Eloi Sarrazin

Clearing data on the contacts app should resolve it. re: the SIM unlocking bug, I guess we need to find which package that uses for it's data and add an exclusion. Maybe com.android.phone?

Anyone else? SD seems OK here.

Which files does the 3Minit mod modify?

How do you mean? Screenshot?

This is a known issue to be resolved in a future release.

P

That's what I should have the samsung keyboard like that of Google keyboard: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Another problem samsung hub does not work (mandatory parameter not found in 1101)

Guest nEUTRon666

Clearing data on the contacts app should resolve it. re: the SIM unlocking bug, I guess we need to find which package that uses for it's data and add an exclusion. Maybe com.android.phone?

Anyone else? SD seems OK here.

Which files does the 3Minit mod modify?

How do you mean? Screenshot?

This is a known issue to be resolved in a future release.

P

Could you read my last posting? Posted some more stuff, specially the Hangout's stuff, which is quite important, at least for me.

Guest Vagaerg

First of all, thank you very much for this amazing mod!!

Before I go Silver, I'd like to know something:

Let's say Samsung decides to pull out an OTA update. I know OTA updating does not work with TW using Switch. Will I be able to flash a stock rom via Odin without loosing Switch?

On the other hand, the Google Play Edition ROM does have OTA updates, right? (via your app)

Thank you very much

Guest danny1909

Yesterday i did the flash to this rom. The only problem I have is that the sim-unlock on GPe ROM is not working. I did a reboot of 5 but still nothing. I cant use the ROM with this problem.

Guest roanitas
Yesterday i did the flash to this rom. The only problem I have is that the sim-unlock on GPe ROM is not working. I did a reboot of 5 but still nothing. I cant use the ROM with this problem.

1 Boot on Sammy.

2 Unlock the sim in settings/security.

3 Reboot on Gpe

4 Enjoy

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9505 avec Tapatalk 4

Edited by roanitas

Guest adam1000rr

1 Boot on Sammy.

2 Unlock the sim in settings/security.

3 Reboot on Gpe

4 Enjoy

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9505 avec Tapatalk 4

This does not work, you need to remove PIN security from your SIM in the TW rom if you want to be sure you can boot into GPe every time, not exactly a decent workaround.

If you are already in the GPe rom and can't unlock, try putting the phone in airplane mode and rebooting. This way you can switch back to TW or use the rom and try unlocking later by turning airplane mode off.

Edited by adam1000rr

Guest roanitas

Exactly. Flash again. And before boot gpe, remove security sim.

Or put sim in other phone for remove security sim

Edited by roanitas

Guest alexgarbz

Hi paul. i really need some help here.

I have my GT-i9505 with TWRP 2.6 installed, and everytime i try to install the zip files my phone double boots, and on the second time, boots into recovery. Im not sure whats wrong and you're help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Alex.

Guest rosmarcelino

I have my GT-i9505 with TWRP 2.6 installed, and everytime i try to install the zip files my phone double boots, and on the second time, boots into recovery. Im not sure whats wrong and you're help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Alex.

Same here.

Guest nEUTRon666

Thanks, Alex.

Did you read my post's ? Try to use philz's recovery. Reboot between each part you flash.

Guest Vagaerg

First of all, thank you very much for this amazing mod!!

Before I go Silver, I'd like to know something:

Let's say Samsung decides to pull out an OTA update. I know OTA updating does not work with TW using Switch. Will I be able to flash a stock rom via Odin without loosing Switch?

On the other hand, the Google Play Edition ROM does have OTA updates, right? (via your app)

Thank you very much

I've been reading in the HTC One thread, and it looks like official updates are also applied (using Switch OTA updater, not the official one).

So, should I suppose that whenever 4.3 / 5.0 official ROMS and GPe ROMS become available, we will be able to install them without wiping (just as if it were a normal OTA update, as you don't have to wipe if you use them)?

Thanks in advance.

Guest roanitas

@Paul

In your second post. Sense rom, launcher sense . ..... ;-)

"

* I want to use a third party launcher but each time I Switch, I get prompted to choose the default launcher. Can I avoid this?

The way to avoid this would be to ensure that the 2 ROMs have the same launchers available, i.e. by using the 'disable button' to disable all other launchers in both ROMs apart form the one you want to use. So, if you wanted to use Nova as default on both, enable 'HTC Sense' on the Sense ROM and 'Launcher' on the GPe ROM.

"

Edited by roanitas

Guest nEUTRon666

@Paul

In your second post. Sense rom, launcher sense . ..... ;-)

"

* I want to use a third party launcher but each time I Switch, I get prompted to choose the default launcher. Can I avoid this?

The way to avoid this would be to ensure that the 2 ROMs have the same launchers available, i.e. by using the 'disable button' to disable all other launchers in both ROMs apart form the one you want to use. So, if you wanted to use Nova as default on both, enable 'HTC Sense' on the Sense ROM and 'Launcher' on the GPe ROM.

"

I guess it's a typo. He means DISABLE. Disable all other launcher's except the one you want to use, so there's nothing the rom can ask for.

Guest PaulOBrien

GPe Rom:

- Sim-Unlock not always works

- Contacts app force closes

- Hangouts don't work correctly. I can send messages, but don't receive any. If i log out of Hangouts and log back in i get a badge of messages. I can send again, but don't receive anything again.

This is a show stopper for me.

- Switchup app not available

SIM unlock issue I am investigating. Contacts app is OK for me, clear data on it and you should be set. Hangouts is also OK for me. SwitchUp is only in the stock side by design currently.

Samsung Rom:

- When switch back from GPe Facebook needs to setup sync again, E-Mail sync is off

- Some apps seem to disappear (Google Drive, Books, Movies, some others)

- Samsung accounts needs to be re-entered

- Samsung Hub errors

Fix is coming for the sync status loss. Disappearing apps is because they are in /system on one ROM and not the other. One option is to remove them from /system on GPe and install normally. Looking into the Samsung Hub error.

That doesn't share data between the two ROMs!

I've been reading in the HTC One thread, and it looks like official updates are also applied (using Switch OTA updater, not the official one).

So, should I suppose that whenever 4.3 / 5.0 official ROMS and GPe ROMS become available, we will be able to install them without wiping (just as if it were a normal OTA update, as you don't have to wipe if you use them)?

Thanks in advance.

Regular OTA updates won't apply at this time.

I guess it's a typo. He means DISABLE. Disable all other launcher's except the one you want to use, so there's nothing the rom can ask for.

Oops, yes, that's a typo, sorry!

P

Guest lollo1988

Don't switch to google edition can i help me? Yesterday i flash rom and it work today but i am on tw rom and i switch, it reboot again in tw rom. beacuse?

Edited by lollo1988

Guest Vagaerg

SIM unlock issue I am investigating. Contacts app is OK for me, clear data on it and you should be set. Hangouts is also OK for me. SwitchUp is only in the stock side by design currently.

Fix is coming for the sync status loss. Disappearing apps is because they are in /system on one ROM and not the other. One option is to remove them from /system on GPe and install normally. Looking into the Samsung Hub error.

That doesn't share data between the two ROMs!

Regular OTA updates won't apply at this time.

Oops, yes, that's a typo, sorry!

P

Thank you very much! However, I know normal OTAS won't apply, but you actually can send an OTA Update containing an update for both roms (GPe and TW), right?

Thank you

Don't switch to google edition can i help me? Yesterday i flash rom and it work today but i am on tw rom and i switch, it reboot again in tw rom. beacuse?

I'm having the same issue and i find it really strange it has been working flawlessly, i could switch to either roms without a problem now all of the sudden can't boot to GPe, it's stuck in TW. I really need some help on this one?

Edit: Ok i managed to switch to GPe using adb from my computer (console could work also) by running "./system/SWITCH/scripts/flip.toalt" (without quotes), still don't know why the Switch app doesn't work.

Edited by ilirb

Guest PaulOBrien

Thank you very much! However, I know normal OTAS won't apply, but you actually can send an OTA Update containing an update for both roms (GPe and TW), right?

Thank you

Correct!

Beta 1 worked flawless. But after beta 2 it will not boot to GPE, but reverts to TW.

+1 Today, no reboot on GPE with Switch. Why ? Yesteday is perfect.

That is very odd indeed, i'll look into that ASAP!

P