Beta 2: MoDaCo.SWITCH S4 i9505 support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tushark

I know this was meant for the i9505, but is there any chance of getting it on the i9500? Regardless, really gladly to have backed the Indiegogo campaign :)

Guest mdingemanse

Why TWRP?? Im having huge problems with it.

Its almost constantly stuck at boot.

Cant get past the "Samsung galaxy s4" boot screen and when it does, then im stuck at the next screen: "samsung"

Very annoying! Never had any problems with cwm 6.0.3.2

Guest PaulOBrien

Why TWRP?? Im having huge problems with it.

Its almost constantly stuck at boot.

Cant get past the "Samsung galaxy s4" boot screen and when it does, then im stuck at the next screen: "samsung"

Very annoying! Never had any problems with cwm 6.0.3.2

You can probably flash with CWM no problem, I just happen to use TWRP!

P

Guest mdingemanse

Again twrp freezes up! Totally unresponsive!

Now i have a bricked phone :(

Too bad both computers (win 7) at home fail to recognise all our android phones via usb so i have to get back to work tomorrow to get my phone fixed aaaaargh!

(Im)patiently waiting for CM compatibility.

Question. Will this work on the GS4 GPe variant (jgedlte/I9505G)? The only difference between this and the GS4 International (jfltexx/I9505) is a slight partition change, and even that is taken care of on most recoveries (latest CWM for jfltexx is fully compatible with jgedlte, and there is a build of TWRP for it) and custom ROMs by switching to the "byname" mount syntax.

Guest mdingemanse

It appears that somehow removing the external sd card (64gb) made the twrp boot again.

I flashed a zipfile (wanamlite) from the external sd card so maybe it wasnt installed correctly so it couldnt boot.

Flashing now from internal sd card.....Ok worked!

....reboot.....failed!!......rebooting WITH external sd........so far past the first bootscreen, now at second bootscreen........nothing :(

Ok so my official statement is...twrp SUCKS (imho).

Not going to use it again, EVER.

So people beware of using twrp, there are a lot of versions out there

Guest PaulOBrien

Is it really required to wipe data, or did you just happen to do it and so you recommend it ?

Well, you can try without... but don't report any bugs until you've wiped! :)

Again twrp freezes up! Totally unresponsive!

Now i have a bricked phone :(

Too bad both computers (win 7) at home fail to recognise all our android phones via usb so i have to get back to work tomorrow to get my phone fixed aaaaargh!

You'll probably find if you wait, TWRP will come back to life!

(Im)patiently waiting for CM compatibility.

CM compatability?

Question. Will this work on the GS4 GPe variant (jgedlte/I9505G)? The only difference between this and the GS4 International (jfltexx/I9505) is a slight partition change, and even that is taken care of on most recoveries (latest CWM for jfltexx is fully compatible with jgedlte, and there is a build of TWRP for it) and custom ROMs by switching to the "byname" mount syntax.

Untested. Feel free to try. ;)

I have the M-919 T-Mobile variant but am running a I-9505 rom, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2363523, should this be a problem or not? I've downloaded but am reluctant to flash at the moment.

If you're running an i9505 ROM OK you should be alright I imagine!

P

Guest toxicpaulution

Do we NEED both of the Odin packages? Or can we skip them? I am on a custom rom ATM so I know how to flash and stuff. Just really hate needing to Odin stuff lol

Untested. Feel free to try. ;)

Paul, I don't think it will work as is. Here's the output of ls -l /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/ from I9505G:

aboot -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p6

apnhlos -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

backup -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p24

boot -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p21

cache -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p18

efs -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p10

fota -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p23

fsg -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p25

m9kefs1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p13

m9kefs2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p14

m9kefs3 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p15

mdm -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

misc -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p19

modemst1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p11

modemst2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p12

pad -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p9

param -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p20

persdata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p27

persist -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p17

recovery -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p22

rpm -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p7

sbl1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

sbl2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p4

sbl3 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p5

ssd -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p26

system -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p16

tz -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p8

userdata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p28

Looking at the updater-script on Part 1, I see that it mounts /dev/block/mmcblk0p29 as /data. It won't work for I9505G since /data on it should be mounted at /dev/block/mmcblk0p28. I can try modifying the updater-script accordingly, but I wasn't sure if there are other implications. I know other ROMs (such as CyanogenMod 10.2 nightlies) and recoveries mitigate this by switching to the "by-name" syntax, e.g.
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");[/code]

Not sure why this can't also work here, seeing as you are doing it in the same script (line 104)

Edited by Chahk

Guest PaulOBrien

WiFi doesn't work in touch wiz after a clean flash on twrp with no other probs. HELP

Did you come from the ROM linked in the first post? If not, perhaps flash that via Odin and try again! WiFi fine here obviously...

Looking at the updater-script on Part 1, I see that it mounts /dev/block/mmcblk0p29 as /data. It won't work for I9505G since /data on it should be mounted at /dev/block/mmcblk0p28. I can try modifying the updater-script accordingly, but I wasn't sure if there are other implications. I know other ROMs (such as CyanogenMod 10.2 nightlies) and recoveries mitigate this by switching to the "by-name" syntax, e.g.

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");[/CODE]

Not sure why this can't also work here, seeing as you are doing it in the same script (line 104)

I just didn't realise it'd be a problem tbh. I can update it for the next Beta, you should be fine making the change and flashing.

P

Guest mdingemanse

WiFi doesn't work in touch wiz after a clean flash on twrp with no other probs. HELP

Had the same thing!

Did a factory wipe without the external card and it booted with wifi, but later on the phone did not want to reboot :(

Flashing the stock touchwiz rom (latest). Crossing my fingers....

If this works a will stay far away from twrp.

CWM 6.0.3.2 (611) does work fine but i heard it does NOT work with android 4.3....

Edited by mdingemanse