[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest plewis1981

how can i see that?

Coppy this line and then past it in the terminal emulator app

cat /sys/class/block/mmcblk0/device/name.

I have SJSOOM.running build from 20th with core gapps, full wipes using TWRP2.6.3.0,

All seems to be running well, thanks for all your work

Edited by plewis1981

Guest karel321

CWM 6.0.3.7, CM 10.2-20131021-nightly-u8815, MMC = SJS00M

Flashed manualy (format cache, clear dalvik, install file), i have ticket Use external SD as primery in storage settings. Phone works fine. No probs.

Guest wards5150

Mine is SJS00M. Updated through OTA from 10.2 build from 18th. Flashed the latest cwm recovery but I did this after I had updated to 3.4 kernal. Phone running really well. Only issue HQ video playback and crashes on Tapped Out game. I have build from the 19th stored on my phone but too scared to downgrade.

Guest diogo_rs_oliveira

I have SJSOOM.running build from 20th with core gapps, full wipes using TWRP2.6.3.0,

ok... Mine is SJSOOM...

Guest nomaximux

Same here.

Cheers....

Can someone help me interpret these wakelocks detected by Wakelock Detector and BatterBatteryStats? I am getting very poor battery backup. Flashed latest nightly today. Have been facing the same poor battery life since the first release. :(

Probably moot now as I think you've moved to another ROM but judging by your earlier screenshots of Wake Lock Detector, Better Battery Stats etc...

Your phone awake/deep sleep time is c. 25%/75% which seems lot a lot of wake time.

At a glance it looks like you're using your phone like an MP3 player so maybe that's the main hit on the battery?

Edited by dalyer

Guest phyllocrania

Probably moot now as I think you've moved to another ROM but judging by your earlier screenshots of Wake Lock Detector, Better Battery Stats etc...

Your phone awake/deep sleep time is c. 25%/75% which seems lot a lot of wake time.

At a glance it looks like you're using your phone like an MP3 player so maybe that's the main hit on the battery?

Yes, I did use my phone that particular day for music, as my iPod was kept on charge. But this kind of battery drain also happens when I don't listen to music at all. I reverted back to stock Gingerbread yesterday. And battery backup is no better (just got 6-7 hours after full charges, twice). I have finally concluded that my battery needs to be replaced. 

Guest kokesil

not that is what is happening to the bricks but I have the last with the new kernel and I must say I have not had a single problem and my wife is that of octopus and not a single problem the only thing we have that with TWRP recovery if it is not so. Now we had already touched the glory that could view live video and the battery lasts an outrage hope dazzozo not abandon the project, and I see no updates and an removed last night with the new kernel a shame now that had achieved a spectacular breakthrough,dazzozo back soon please we need

Edited by kokesil

Yes, I did use my phone that particular day for music, as my iPod was kept on charge. But this kind of battery drain also happens when I don't listen to music at all. I reverted back to stock Gingerbread yesterday. And battery backup is no better (just got 6-7 hours after full charges, twice). I have finally concluded that my battery needs to be replaced. 

Ah - OK. Sounds like it could be the battery alright if it happens on all ROMs. Did you order the one mentioned on the other thread?

I've always gotten about 2 days give or take whatever ROM and having tweaked things a bit (e.g. mainly 2G only - 3G is a battery killer for me).

I'm on stock GB B895 based superslim now and it works very well/smooth/reliably but battery lifetime is still more or less what I got on Stock+, CM10.0 (?) about a year ago etc.

I can't see much more scope for optimizing use unless I go to data/wifi on demand only, disable sync etc.

Edited by dalyer

Guest stevewhite1

I OTA'd the 2010 build on R1 before flashing the R5 CWM but didn't install anything on it.

Gone back to 1910 and R3 now and found I'm on SJS00M so phew

Good luck to dazzozo in getting the problem solved..

Guest djubre7

Hey all, sorry to hear about your phones dying off. So far, mine is working OK. I have 20131020 and 3.4.0-gc74366b kernel, with SJS00M, and CWM 6.0.4.0.. Somehow the only problem I have is that the phone kept resetting a couple of times today (and maybe yesterday), but always comes back up... What interests me is if I want to switch this rom with some other, what are all the steps needed to avoid bricking it?

EDIT: Darn I forgot to say thanks to Daz for everything he's doing. I can't even think about what this must feel like. I hope you will not give up on it, not because of us the users, but because you would leave an unfinished business in your life and it's never a good thing. Get over the feelings, and close this circle as you should, man! Keep it up!

Edited by djubre7

Try to fully charge it through recovery

Why is that going to make any difference compared to charging when the phone is off or running Android?!  :wacko:

Guest phyllocrania

Ah - OK. Sounds like it could be the battery alright if it happens on all ROMs. Did you order the one mentioned on the other thread?

I've always gotten about 2 days give or take whatever ROM and having tweaked things a bit (e.g. mainly 2G only - 3G is a battery killer for me).

I'm on stock GB B895 based superslim now and it works very well/smooth/reliably but battery lifetime is still more or less what I got on Stock+, CM10.0 (?) about a year ago etc.

I can't see much more scope for optimizing use unless I go to data/wifi on demand only, disable sync etc.

I haven't ordered that battery yet. The thing is, my G300 came with a 1350mAh battery. Will using a higher capacity battery affect my phone in a bad way? That battery is rated 1550mAh.

Another thing is that whenever I charge my phone normally or by using TWRP to 100%, after a reboot it comes down to 90-92%. And in an hour dwindles to ~60% with 40-45 minutes of screen on time.

My phone is 13 months old. Battery shouldn't have degraded so fast. I have used another Android for 2+ years without any battery issues. :blink:

Guest phyllocrania

Just charged to 100% (ensuring full 20 minutes plugged in even after it showed 100%) in TWRP. And see what's the condition in just 1.5 hours. :(:( I flashed Slimv13 today evening btw. :p

post-998241-13824692876198_thumb.jpg

post-998241-13824693002003_thumb.jpg

Edited by phyllocrania